• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Current number of Virginia CHPs

TFred

imported post

During the House session today, Delegate Lingamfelter was talking about his HB 49, which repeals the one-gun-a-month law. In his explanation of the bill, he stated that there are currently 214,323 CHP holders in Virginia.

Thought that was interesting.

TFred

virginiatuck

imported post

The VSP have not published their 2009 Facts and Figures report yet. The latest available on the Internet that I could find is 2008. All of the reports back to 2000 are available here.

THE VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT
OF STATE POLICE
ANNUAL REPORT
2008 FACTS AND FIGURES
SUPERINTENDENT'S OFFICE

Concealed Handgun Permits
Since July 1, 1995, 407,792 concealed handgun permits have been issued as
authorized by Section 18.2-308, Code of Virginia; 55,864 were issued in 2008
(34.7% increase) by Virginia Circuit Courts. During 2008, 724 nonresident
concealed handgun permits were issued by the State Police, which is a 44%
increase in the volume of nonresident permits issued in 2007.
Pursuant to statute, the State Police enters the permit holder’s name and
description in the Virginia Criminal Information Network (VCIN) so that the
permit's existence and current status will be made known to law-enforcement
personnel accessing the Network for investigative purposes. As of December
31, 2008, there were 172,132 active concealed handgun permits issued by
Virginia circuit courts maintained in VCIN.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TFred wrote:
During the House session today, Delegate Lingamfelter was talking about his HB 49, which repeals the one-gun-a-month law. In his explanation of the bill, he stated that there are currently 214,323 CHP holders in Virginia.

TFred
It is interesting TFred....He didn't mention the total number of gun owners in Va though.

TFred

imported post

peter nap wrote:
TFred wrote:

TFred
It is interesting TFred....He didn't mention the total number of gun owners in Va though.
No, and he also didn't mention one of the very best PRO points to repealing the one-gun-a-month bill, which is that for our military folks, one-gun-a-month often results in one-gun-a-year or even less, if they are deployed.

I kept waiting for him to pull that out in response to Moronissey, but he never did. Listening to that guy whine makes my blood pressure go up. I would donate to his opponent's campaign fund.

TFred

kenny

imported post

TFred wrote:
During the House session today, Delegate Lingamfelter was talking about his HB 49, which repeals the one-gun-a-month law.  In his explanation of the bill, he stated that there are currently 214,323 CHP holders in Virginia.

TFred
That is a drop in the bucket compared to the 2008 census figure of over 7.5 million residents.

TFred

imported post

TFred wrote:
peter nap wrote:
TFred wrote:

TFred
No, and he also didn't mention one of the very best PRO points to repealing the one-gun-a-month bill, which is that for our military folks, one-gun-a-month often results in one-gun-a-year or even less, if they are deployed.

I kept waiting for him to pull that out in response to Moronissey, but he never did. Listening to that guy whine makes my blood pressure go up. I would donate to his opponent's campaign fund.

TFred
Watching Morrissey squeak today got my curiosity up... how in the WORLD did this guy win his election?

http://thewomenspost.wordpress.com/2007/05/14/no-to-joe-morrisey-in-the-74th/

UN-Believable. My only remaining question is, why isn't he working at the White House?

TFred

kenny

imported post

Morrissey is a street fighter at best. You might also say that he is a good car crash. That people will turn their head just to see what is happening. I believe he was the only one on the ballot.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

kenny wrote:
Morrissey is a street fighter at best. You might also say that he is a good car crash. That people will turn their head just to see what is happening. I believe he was the only one on the ballot.
He was and if no one runs this time, Zeus is gonna.

TFred

imported post

peter nap wrote:
kenny wrote:
Good grief, someone has to run... that guy is horrible. Is his district all Democrat or something?

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Repeater wrote:
peter nap wrote:
kenny wrote:
He had an oppenent: Michael Gage.
Must have his first run he was unopposed.