Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: We need something new to fight over...

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    396

    Post imported post

    Any suggestions?



    I think debating the merits and dangers of "Mexican Carry" would be a good topic.

  2. #2
    Regular Member EM87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    987

    Post imported post

    Or perhaps we could argue about how carrying a round in the chamber is unsafe.

    :P
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    119

    Post imported post

    EM87 wrote:
    Or perhaps we could argue about how carrying a round in the chamber is unsafe.

    :P
    good one!

    or chambered shoulder holster carry pointing back at people

    edited for :P

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    396

    Post imported post

    UCWT wrote:

    ...or chambered shoulder holster carry pointing back at people...





    See, I don't like that one. It makes me nervous, the barrel of someone's firearm pointed at me.

    Goes against that "never point your muzzle at something you don't want to destroy" rule. Makes me a bit antsy.



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    576

    Post imported post

    Or the merits or demerits of ankle holsters, while pole dancing :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

  6. #6
    Regular Member EM87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    987

    Post imported post

    UCWT wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Or perhaps we could argue about how carrying a round in the chamber is unsafe.

    :P
    good one!

    or chambered shoulder holster carry pointing back at people

    edited for :P
    That's one of those things that people could actually discuss.... legitimately. I don't think my GLOCK will just go off but I still make sure I stand in the safest possible position when around people.

    Of course I could just not carry my GLOCK chambered while in the shoulder holster. Like I said, we all know that a chambered gun is not safe because it could just 'go off'.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

  7. #7
    Regular Member EM87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    987

    Post imported post

    mastiff69 wrote:
    Or the merits or demerits of ankle holsters, while pole dancingĀ* :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

    LOL that's a good one!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

  8. #8
    Activist Member hamaneggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,251

    Post imported post

    Phoenixphire wrote:
    UCWT wrote:

    ...or chambered shoulder holster carry pointing back at people...





    See, I don't like that one. It makes me nervous, the barrel of someone's firearm pointed at me.

    Goes against that "never point your muzzle at something you don't want to destroy" rule. Makes me a bit antsy.

    The firearms these days are safer than they've ever been.I don't see a problem.Even my cheapee is designed with state of the art safety design,round in the chamber.My auto and revolver are drop proof.Of course the infentisimal possibility of malfunction will be with us till we die.No one or no thing is ever perfect.The ability to defend is number one.Forever.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

    NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

  9. #9
    Activist Member hamaneggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,251

    Post imported post

    EM87 wrote:
    UCWT wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Or perhaps we could argue about how carrying a round in the chamber is unsafe.

    :P
    good one!

    or chambered shoulder holster carry pointing back at people

    edited for :P
    That's one of those things that people could actually discuss.... legitimately. I don't think my GLOCK will just go off but I still make sure I stand in the safest possible position when around people.

    Of course I could just not carry my GLOCK chambered while in the shoulder holster. Like I said, we all know that a chambered gun is not safe because it could just 'go off'.
    Just go off?Where did you hear that?
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

    NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

  10. #10
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    Where is the tung in cheek emoticon when you need it?
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  11. #11
    Regular Member WARCHILD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corunna, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,772

    Post imported post

    I don't use an ankle holster while pole dancing....can't reach it with the pole and my pudgy belly in the way. :P


    ETA: Me pole dancing....that's too scary even for halloween!:what:

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clio, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    363

    Post imported post

    WARCHILD wrote:
    I don't use an ankle holster while pole dancing....can't reach it with the pole and my pudgy belly in the way. :P


    ETA: Me pole dancing....that's too scary even for halloween!:what:
    I have learned more about you in posts i read today than i ever wanted too. . .:P

    Devery

  13. #13
    Regular Member Yooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houghton County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    808

    Post imported post

    WARCHILD wrote:
    I don't use an ankle holster while pole dancing....can't reach it with the pole and my pudgy belly in the way. :P


    ETA: Me pole dancing....that's too scary even for halloween!:what:
    you mean the dance pole right, and not something else? :P
    Rand Paul 2016

  14. #14
    Regular Member WARCHILD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corunna, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,772

    Post imported post

    Oh yeah... imagine me in green tights, robin hood hat complete with feather and yes the pointy shoes!:what:


    Boy Scout skit....:celebrate

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hartford, MI, ,
    Posts
    353

    Post imported post

    Polymer frame vs Steel frame is always fun. Aka, Glock vs 1911A1. :P I also like a good piston vs DI debate, or 9mm vs 45...

    -Richard-

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    9 vs 40 vs 45 vs 10

    That alone may produce 20 or 30 pages over a period of a week or so. :?

  17. #17
    Regular Member WARCHILD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corunna, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,772

    Post imported post

    Hey now, what about .22mag?

    I know Brady and Reagan's feelings about LR.:P

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    WARCHILD wrote:
    Hey now, what about .22mag?

    I know Brady and Reagan's feelings about LR.:P
    See....my suggestion is already at work.

  19. #19
    Regular Member EM87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    987

    Post imported post

    hamaneggs wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    UCWT wrote:
    EM87 wrote:
    Or perhaps we could argue about how carrying a round in the chamber is unsafe.

    :P
    good one!

    or chambered shoulder holster carry pointing back at people

    edited for :P
    That's one of those things that people could actually discuss.... legitimately. I don't think my GLOCK will just go off but I still make sure I stand in the safest possible position when around people.

    Of course I could just not carry my GLOCK chambered while in the shoulder holster. Like I said, we all know that a chambered gun is not safe because it could just 'go off'.
    Just go off?Where did you hear that?
    I think I heard it from some anti... :P
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    119

    Post imported post

    mastiff69 wrote:
    Or the merits or demerits of ankle holsters, while pole dancingĀ* :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    well i hear the new poles have a pin at the bottom that enables the dancer to spin at break neck speed so her .38 cuttin loose and hitting you in the face would kill your buzz.

    but still not concerned about a 120lb dancer flyin off and hitting "said person" in the face :shock: :celebrate

  21. #21
    Regular Member WARCHILD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corunna, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,772

    Post imported post

    I COULD ONLY HOPE!! :what::celebrate

  22. #22
    Regular Member Taurus850CIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,071

    Post imported post

    WARCHILD wrote:
    I COULD ONLY HOPE!! :what::celebrate
    You'd better not let your wife see that. She might not make you all those meals anymore...
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

    Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

    Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

    The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

    With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

  23. #23
    Regular Member WARCHILD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corunna, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,772

    Post imported post

    I can look, but don't touch; as my mentor Walter would say; run to the end of my chain and bark!
    Besides what's the worst that could happen...I'd get burgers for supper again.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Near Lapeer (Hadley), Michigan, USA
    Posts
    932

    Post imported post

    I carry a 9mm. I purposely bought this caliber because it is the least expensive when it comes to target practice compared to .40, .45, or 10. I wanted a gun i could afford to shoot.

    Then i bought a .22lr sig mosquito so i could have even cheaper ammo, but that is just my target gun, not for life safety. (not that a .22 cannot kill, because they can and do, but because i think 9mm is more effective when it comes to stopping power, and because rimfire semi-auto's are not known for their reliability.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

    I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jackson, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    Phoenixphire wrote:
    Any suggestions?



    I think debating the merits and dangers of "Mexican Carry" would be a good topic.
    I'm Mexican, and I carry.... are you saying i'm a danger?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •