• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need something new to fight over...

UCWT

imported post

EM87 wrote:
Or perhaps we could argue about how carrying a round in the chamber is unsafe.

:p

good one!

or chambered shoulder holster carry pointing back at people

edited for :p :lol:

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

UCWT wrote:

...or chambered shoulder holster carry pointing back at people...

See, I don't like that one. It makes me nervous, the barrel of someone's firearm pointed at me.

Goes against that "never point your muzzle at something you don't want to destroy" rule. Makes me a bit antsy.

EM87

imported post

UCWT wrote:
EM87 wrote:

good one!

That's one of those things that people could actually discuss.... legitimately. I don't think my GLOCK will just go off but I still make sure I stand in the safest possible position when around people.

Of course I could just not carry my GLOCK chambered while in the shoulder holster. Like I said, we all know that a chambered gun is not safe because it could just 'go off'.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
UCWT wrote:

...or chambered shoulder holster carry pointing back at people...

See, I don't like that one. It makes me nervous, the barrel of someone's firearm pointed at me.

Goes against that "never point your muzzle at something you don't want to destroy" rule. Makes me a bit antsy.
The firearms these days are safer than they've ever been.I don't see a problem.Even my cheapee is designed with state of the art safety design,round in the chamber.My auto and revolver are drop proof.Of course the infentisimal possibility of malfunction will be with us till we die.No one or no thing is ever perfect.The ability to defend is number one.Forever.

Haman J.T.

imported post

EM87 wrote:
UCWT wrote:
EM87 wrote:

good one!

That's one of those things that people could actually discuss.... legitimately. I don't think my GLOCK will just go off but I still make sure I stand in the safest possible position when around people.

Of course I could just not carry my GLOCK chambered while in the shoulder holster. Like I said, we all know that a chambered gun is not safe because it could just 'go off'.
Just go off?Where did you hear that?

WARCHILD

imported post

I don't use an ankle holster while pole dancing....can't reach it with the pole and my pudgy belly in the way. :p

ETA: Me pole dancing....that's too scary even for halloween!:what:

manicdevery

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I don't use an ankle holster while pole dancing....can't reach it with the pole and my pudgy belly in the way. :p

I have learned more about you in posts i read today than i ever wanted too. . .:p

Devery

Yooper

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

you mean the dance pole right, and not something else? ;):p

WARCHILD

imported post

Oh yeah... imagine me in green tights, robin hood hat complete with feather and yes the pointy shoes!:what:

Boy Scout skit....:celebrate

office888

imported post

Polymer frame vs Steel frame is always fun. Aka, Glock vs 1911A1. :p I also like a good piston vs DI debate, or 9mm vs 45...

-Richard-

EM87

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
EM87 wrote:
UCWT wrote:
EM87 wrote:

good one!

Just go off?Where did you hear that?

I think I heard it from some anti... :p

UCWT

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
Or the merits or demerits of ankle holsters, while pole dancing  :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

well i hear ;) the new poles have a pin at the bottom that enables the dancer to spin at break neck speed so her .38 cuttin loose and hitting you in the face would kill your buzz.

but still not concerned about a 120lb dancer flyin off and hitting "said person" in the face :shock: :celebrate