• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saline / Ann Arbor This Weekend

EM87

imported post

This is a handgun only OC Event

**EDIT: We will be meeting at Potbelly Sandwich Works on the corner of State and Liberty in Ann Arbor at 1pm this Saturday, 2/20/10**

To those of you in the area, I'll be home (Saline) this weekend. If anyone wants to get together for an OC lunch or something, post in this thread!

Hombre

Banned
imported post

EM87 wrote:
To those of you in the area, I'll be home (Saline) this weekend. If anyone wants to get together for an OC lunch or something, post in this thread!
Is that all you guys do? Eat? Dayum!

Zukirider

imported post

as much as i would love to i just put the slide of my gun in the mail today to have new night sights put on it and i dont expect to have it back until first part of next week otherwise i would be come for sure, if there is some one coming that had a extra piece i could carry for the lunch i have my cpl i can carry someone else's gun but at this point i only have the one

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EM87 wrote:
As an aside - Michigan Gun Owners is having a get together at lunch (not an OC event) on Wednesday, the 17th, at 12pm at Potbelly Sandwich Works on the corner of State and Liberty in Ann Arbor.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hombre wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Is that all you guys do?  Eat?  Dayum!

That's one of the requirements for being alive, so yes, most people tend to eat 2-3 meals per day.

EM87

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
as much as i would love to i just put the slide of my gun in the mail today to have new night sights put on it and i dont expect to have it back until first part of next week otherwise i would be come for sure, if there is some one coming that had a extra piece i could carry for the lunch i have my cpl i can carry someone else's gun but at this point i only have the one

I might, I say MIGHT, be able to borrow a handgun from my dad for you to carry while we're together.

If not, you should attend anyway. I always enjoy meeting new people!

EM87

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Hombre wrote:
EM87 wrote:
Is that all you guys do?  Eat?  Dayum!

That's one of the requirements for being alive, so yes, most people tend to eat 2-3 meals per day.

QFT

I'm not even fat.

:p

Zukirider

imported post

EM87 wrote:
I might, I say MIGHT, be able to borrow a handgun from my dad for you to carry while we're together.

Im def up for coming out i could always start another way and bring my shotgun LOL probably not really though

EM87

imported post

How does Saturday at 1pm sound?

I'm thinking a lunch of some sort. Suggestions for a location?

BTW Anyone is welcome to attend!

EM87

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
EM87 wrote:

Im def up for coming out i could always start another way and bring my shotgun LOL probably not really though

As much as I support longarm OC, I don't think Ann Arbor is ready for that... At least that's where I'm imagining this lunch will take place.

Zukirider

imported post

EM87 wrote:
How does Saturday at 1pm sound?

I'm thinking a lunch of some sort. Suggestions for a location?

BTW Anyone is welcome to attend!

1 works for me not sure what the best OC location would be anyone done a lunch around this area that knows of a location that would be open to us?

Zukirider

imported post

EM87 wrote:
Zukirider wrote:
EM87 wrote:

As much as I support longarm OC, I don't think Ann Arbor is ready for that... At least that's where I'm imagining this lunch will take place.
i highly doubt it would go well that was purly sacastic im not sure im ready to OC a long gun yet i have only been oc a handgun for a couple of months now

EM87

imported post

We could have this at Potbelly as well (since ZZZ mentioned it earlier in the thread). It's been a while since I've been there. They have a large upstairs seating area. We could also do it at Noodles & Co. just across the street. They have good seating as well. What do you think?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EM87 wrote:
We could have this at Potbelly as well (since ZZZ mentioned it earlier in the thread). It's been a while since I've been there. They have a large upstairs seating area. We could also do it at Noodles & Co. just across the street. They have good seating as well. What do you think?

FWIW - Noodles & Co is on the same side of the street. :p

I won't be able to make it, sadly. Lots of plans for this weekend.

EM87

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
EM87 wrote:

FWIW - Noodles & Co is on the same side of the street. :p

SNIP

Just goes to show how long it's been since I've been in downtown Ann Arbor. Heck, it's been probably seven months since I've been home, excluding a few days for Christmas.

Potbelly it is. 1pm this Saturday.

I'll update my original post.

EM87

imported post

ZZZ, is there anything we should know about carry on U of M campus? I've heard it's prohibited, but how can I know what property belongs to U of M (excluding the buildings, obviously)? What could they do about it anyway since I'm not a student?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EM87 wrote:
ZZZ, is there anything we should know about carry on U of M campus? I've heard it's prohibited, but how can I know what property belongs to U of M (excluding the buildings, obviously)? What could they do about it anyway since I'm not a student?

Don't leave the sidewalks that are directly adjacent to roadways and you're GTG.