• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saline / Ann Arbor This Weekend

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EM87 wrote:
Thanks. And what if I step on U of M property and I get stopped by a LEO?
Depends on what LEO stops you.

The University cops are the ones that would charge you with posession on Umich property.

If you have a CPL, you'll likely be released - as they don't really like to charge people for their ordinance (they don't want a test case).

If you're stopped by an Ann Arbor cop - well let's just say you probably won't get stopped by an Ann Arbor cop. They were educated once in 2008 and have been great ever since (heck, they were great in 2008).

Zukirider

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
EM87 wrote:

The University cops are the ones that would charge you with posession on Umich property.

If you have a CPL, you'll likely be released - as they don't really like to charge people for their ordinance (they don't want a test case).

If you're stopped by an Ann Arbor cop - well let's just say you probably won't get stopped by an Ann Arbor cop. They were educated once in 2008 and have been great ever since (heck, they were great in 2008).
i cant say with any certainty but i would say as long as your not inside a dorm or other state restricted area it shouldnt be a big issue

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Zukirider wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
EM87 wrote:

i cant say with any certainty but i would say as long as your not inside a dorm or other state restricted area it shouldnt be a big  issue

Unfortunately, universities are not "local units of government" as defined by state law, so they are not preempted by the state.

Umich has an ordinance against carry on their jurisdiction.

that's why I say to stay on thoroughfares (aka streets and sidewalks directly adjacent to streets).

EM87

imported post

FYI I'll be the guy in the black & blue horizontally striped hoodie with the black glasses (and a big GLOCK on my right side).

Zukirider

imported post

EM87 wrote:
FYI I'll be the guy in the black & blue horizontally striped hoodie with the black glasses (and a big GLOCK on my right side).
i will be wearing a bright yellow Patriot Guard riders shirt i look a bit like a lemon with it cant miss me

Hombre

Banned
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Yep

Hombre
Banned

It's me. I'm back. I think I'll stop in....seriously.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Yep

Hombre
Banned

It's me. I'm back. I think I'll stop in....seriously.
Awesome. I might just come down to meet you.
I'll have a handgun. Seriously, though. Nobody is going to bring any long guns are they?

EM87

imported post

I'm going to say, since this is an event organized by me, that this will be a handgun only OC event. I've updated the OP to reflect this.

TVance and Hombre, I hope to see you both there! The more, the merrier!