Thread: Seattle Weekly: Meet I-5's armed volunteer litter crew

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Post imported post

Thanks for finding this Mike, I was not notified or aware that this was being done. After looking at the pics though, it looks like jenny Craig is in my near future.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I have yet to get down there and now there is a hiatus, darn road work. Great job M1 and crew.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

That is just beautiful.

I especially love their sign. It is pulling double duty, not just educating passers-by, but also to warn anyone thinking about trying to run the crew over they will probably be shot at out of self defense.

Great work to those in the Openly Armed Litter Crew.

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    I especially love their sign. It is pulling double duty
    The problem is that the state won't let me use the sign on the roadside any more as it's not an "approved" road sign..... ( I took the sign to a vinyl shop and added the extra word and 1911).

I've been using it at every event though as a OCDO marker for the area. Now that we have the banner it should be easy to find us at any outdoor event.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    tekshogun wrote:
    I especially love their sign. It is pulling double duty
    The problem is that the state won't let me use the sign on the roadside any more as it's not an "approved" road sign..... ( I took the sign to a vinyl shop and added the extra word and 1911).

I've been using it at every event though as a OCDO marker for the area. Now that we have the banner it should be easy to find us at any outdoor event.
    I thought you found a way around it by attaching it to the back of your truck now?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I thought you found a way around it by attaching it to the back of your truck now?
    Correct, It's just not used as a road sign anymore.

Post imported post

Great job guys. The article was a bit off putting including where OCers were said to be a political liability. Loved the photos. Here in Louisiana, LOCAL (the La Open Carry Awareness League) has contacted DOTD about adopting a section of highway. We have been waiting for the State to complete a study on that section of road before we can begin litter pickup.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

yale wrote:
    Great job guys. The article was a bit off putting including where OCers were said to be a political liability.
    Well that's what much of the mainstream gun rights apraratus used to think - but they are warming to the idea as they have seen it work to normalize gun carry - but then we have some folks who insist on scary carry - and these are political liabilities - we need to understand that and hopefully normal properly holstered open carriers are the overwhelming norm and not the scary carriers.

Post imported post

Good job!

Editorials, Journalists, and Newspapersshould bemore fair in their explantions...., however;this Article was well written.