• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Weekly: Meet I-5's armed volunteer litter crew

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Thanks for finding this Mike, I was not notified or aware that this was being done. After looking at the pics though, it looks like jenny Craig is in my near future.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That is just beautiful.

I especially love their sign. It is pulling double duty, not just educating passers-by, but also to warn anyone thinking about trying to run the crew over they will probably be shot at out of self defense. :lol:

Great work to those in the Openly Armed Litter Crew.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
I especially love their sign. It is pulling double duty

The problem is that the state won't let me use the sign on the roadside any more as it's not an "approved" road sign..... ( I took the sign to a vinyl shop and added the extra word and 1911).

I've been using it at every event though as a OCDO marker for the area. Now that we have the banner it should be easy to find us at any outdoor event.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
I especially love their sign. It is pulling double duty

The problem is that the state won't let me use the sign on the roadside any more as it's not an "approved" road sign..... ( I took the sign to a vinyl shop and added the extra word and 1911).

I've been using it at every event though as a OCDO marker for the area. Now that we have the banner it should be easy to find us at any outdoor event.
I thought you found a way around it by attaching it to the back of your truck now?

sraacke

imported post

Great job guys. The article was a bit off putting including where OCers were said to be a political liability. Loved the photos. Here in Louisiana, LOCAL (the La Open Carry Awareness League) has contacted DOTD about adopting a section of highway. We have been waiting for the State to complete a study on that section of road before we can begin litter pickup.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

yale wrote:
Great job guys. The article was a bit off putting including where OCers were said to be a political liability.
Well that's what much of the mainstream gun rights apraratus used to think - but they are warming to the idea as they have seen it work to normalize gun carry - but then we have some folks who insist on scary carry - and these are political liabilities - we need to understand that and hopefully normal properly holstered open carriers are the overwhelming norm and not the scary carriers.

aadvark

imported post

Good job!

Editorials, Journalists, and Newspapersshould bemore fair in their explantions...., however;this Article was well written.