• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many do you keep loaded?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

20 or so guns...defensive guns all loaded, hunting guns not loaded

Carry Sig229 and Kel-Tec P32 both loaded at all times...

Hawk Shotgun in the bedroom, loaded with 00 buck at all times...

All rest in the safe loaded, from SKS, AK, shotguns, etc....

guns not loaded; ruger 30-06, winchester lever action, remington 870....maybe a few others...

Dreamer

imported post

I currently own more than 5 firearms.

I keep my .45 loaded at all times, and it is on my hip any time I am awake.

I keep my Walther P22 loaded as well, but it's usually locked up.

I keep my Mossberg 500 loaded, but when I'm out of the house, I usually put a cable lock through the action and lock it up as well.

The others are usually left unloaded and locked up...

1245A Defender

imported post

AK and 30rd mag in the corner
12 guage pump by the fridge, its a ranger, dont know manufacture
raven 25 auto, front left pocket
grendel P-12 near the back door
star modelo super 9 X23mm under the cushin where i sit
another star behind the head rest of the couch
P-38 behind the head rest of the love seat
tanfoglio GT 380 in the bathroom

1 of the stars always go to bed with me:cool:

when i go to town i take a star in a cross draw.

sovereigngrace

imported post

I have a savage 12 gauge for HD but I don't keep it loaded (I have three little kids in the house) I keep shells up high on a shelf and the shotgun leaned up on the shelf.
If I had a break in I would have plenty of time to load.
The rest of my guns are hunting rifles and the ammo for them stays locked up.

buster81

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
All loaded with extra magazines nearby.

That includes rifles, shotguns & pistols.... at least the ones that didn't go overboard during rough seas. :)
I hope you weren't out in the same storm I was. I never get sea sick, but that was close :uhoh:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

What's on me is loaded. Whats near me is loaded. What's in the safe is unloaded.

Pace

imported post

I dont know the law regarding guns in non-state waters, I would check with it, especially when coming back in.

Bebog

imported post

Judge, P345, S&W .38sp always loaded and out of reach of kiddies. One of them is always on my side (except at work). The Judge is my yard gun, .38 is my church piece and the p345 is my usual companion. Either the .45 or the Judge sleeps in the top nightstand drawer at night. 12 gauge pump, 20 gauge single, .22 rifle and BB gun all fully loaded in safe. Crossbow on top of dresser with bolts laying beside.

rodbender

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Unless I'm working on it, it's loaded. Even the ones in the safe.

That way there is no questioin in my mind about the status of the weapon. Yes, I know the 4 Rules say treat every one as if it was loaded, but that allows the presumption it might not actually be loaded. No need to do an action/chamber check.

stay safe.

skidmark
Hey, Skid, you are a man after my own heart. I'm the same way. Always loaded, always.

rodbender

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Cummon. Think about the corniest WWII spy versus spy movie you know. Or Syriana, the dramatization of Bob Baer's career. They won't care or stop pulling off body parts just because you tell them that you lost your guns.

It is better to be killed once while standing on your feet than many times while lying like a coward.
I agree, Doug.

Riana

imported post

The one that lives on my hip is loaded unless I have to secure it in the car to volunteer at my son's school (then it's unloaded and secured).

NightSleeper

imported post

I currently own more than 5 firearms.

1 loaded pistol plus extra mags in fast-access safe near my bed for those 'bump in the night' scenerios.

1 loaded HD shotgun, 1 loaded pistol and 1 loaded revolver in the long gun safe, plus spare mags/speed loaders. All other guns in the safe, unloaded.