• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many do you keep loaded?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Before the tragic , storm & they all went to the bottom...

Glock 34 - Always loaded. Hi Cap magazine , with me every where,

Mossberg 590 A1 - Always loaded / 8 rounds ( 2 3/4" 00 Buck )
Downstairs , close to TV

Below deck Safe Queens

AR-15 not loaded, but I have 5 ( 30 rounders ) loaded ready to go.

M1A - Not loaded 1 (20 rounder ) ready to go

AK-47 Not loaded 5 ( 30 rounders ) ready to go

The rest Not loaded...

it's really too bad about the storm, ripped her right in half....

shad0wfax

imported post

ctfireman wrote:
This question is for everyone but mostly for those who have more than 5 guns. Do you store them all loaded or do you have a peticular home defense piece?
If it's in the safe, it's unloaded. If it's out of the safe it's loaded where legal to do so. (Longarms loaded in vehicles is a no-no here.) I do keep a few magazines for my CQBR loaded in the safe so if I need something better than a handgun I can get to one quickly.

Fenris

imported post

1. On hip... loaded
2. In under-bed safe... loaded
3. On door of safe... loaded

The rest are currently unloaded. But always subject to adjustment as necessary. ;)

Lurchiron

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Before the tragic , storm & they all went to the bottom...

Glock 34 - Always loaded. Hi Cap magazine , with me every where,

Mossberg 590 A1 - Always loaded / 8 rounds ( 2 3/4" 00 Buck )
Downstairs , close to TV

Below deck Safe Queens

AR-15 not loaded, but I have 5 ( 30 rounders ) loaded ready to go.

M1A - Not loaded 1 (20 rounder ) ready to go

AK-47 Not loaded 5 ( 30 rounders ) ready to go

The rest Not loaded...

it's really too bad about the storm, ripped her right in half....

Great...now I got Gordon Lightfoot's "The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" rolling around in da noggin :lol:.

Irainian boat...what Irainian boat???

okboomer

imported post

Yep, I also have a terrible loss to report ... <boo hoo> all were lost at sea ... sadly, the ammo went overboard when the rogue wave swept across the deck.

Before then, the three in my avatar were always loaded as they were the carry guns and extra mags loaded in range bag (each gun had it's own range bag.)

Then there were the long guns in the safe ... none of them were loaded ... they were locked in the safe downstairs in the basement.

The range long guns, however, were spread around the house in their cases with full magazines ... .30 - .308 cal, 10 - 30 round mags. depending.

Then there were also the CZ 75B and DD's .380 always loaded.

I just feel so sad about the tragedy at sea ... out in the Gulf of Mexico ... the cordite went with them, too.

Lurchiron

imported post

okboomer wrote:
Yep, I also have a terrible loss to report ... <boo hoo> all were lost at sea ... sadly, the ammo went overboard when the rogue wave swept across the deck.

Before then, the three in my avatar were always loaded as they were the carry guns and extra mags loaded in range bag (each gun had it's own range bag.)

Then there were the long guns in the safe ... none of them were loaded ... they were locked in the safe downstairs in the basement.

The range long guns, however, were spread around the house in their cases with full magazines ... .30 - .308 cal, 10 - 30 round mags. depending.

Then there were also the CZ 75B and DD's .380 always loaded.

I just feel so sad about the tragedy at sea ... out in the Gulf of Mexico ... the cordite went with them, too.
But; but...I didn't know boats had basements :lol:.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ctfireman wrote:
This question is for everyone but mostly for those who have more than 5 guns. Do you store them all loaded or do you have a peticular home defense piece?

I seldom have more than one gun loaded in my home. My carry gun is my HD piece and it is loaded all the time. I havemore than 5 firearms. Too many to keep loaded when not in use at the range. And some of them are, unfortunately, more collector type guns. I don't really want to shoot them. Doesn't make sense to load them up.

The responses so far are kind of surprising. Several people (with several guns) had "All" their guns loaded. Whoa. I guess that happiness is ... a loaded gun. Or...many loaded guns.

Excellent question, ctf. It provides insight into the gun owners/carrierscommunity.

I wonder who has the most loaded guns at home? Who can claim the record?
39.gif

Michigander

imported post

I believe all mags should always be loaded, therefor all mine are.

Typically my long guns aren't chambered, because here in occupied America it's illegal to transport a rifle or shotgun loaded in a car. If I'm going to go to the range, the magazine gets popped out of the mag well, and set in the case next to the gun.

Statesman

imported post

ctfireman wrote:
I lost all my firearms in a tragic alien abduction.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Statesman wrote:
ctfireman wrote:
did the abductor look like this ? he grabbed abunch of my guns too...my luck, boat accidents - Aliens stealing my guns...:?

DEFENSOR

imported post

Greetings to all,

I like this question. I have always been inclined to keep quite a few guns loaded, When I was raising my kids I gun proofed them instead kid proofing my guns.

I keep my everyday gun Glock .45 loaded 8 in a 10 rounder unless in a bad hood. The Mrs. likes to keep the 1911 handy. Like alot of the posts that I read a shotgun is common. I keep my winchester 1300 defender riot pump fully loaded 00 buck. AR 15 just because I can, Ruger 10/22 and a Single Six .22 Mag for the young men when they are home.I guess I feel safer and I agree with anyone else who loads for bear and keeps the young'ns safe.God bless you all.

Sincerely, Defensor

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DEFENSOR wrote:
Greetings to all,

I like this question. I have always been inclined to keep quite a few guns loaded, When I was raising my kids I gun proofed them instead kid proofing my guns.

I keep my everyday gun Glock .45 loaded 8 in a 10 rounder unless in a bad hood. The Mrs. likes to keep the 1911 handy. Like alot of the posts that I read a shotgun is common. I keep my winchester 1300 defender riot pump fully loaded 00 buck. AR 15 just because I can, Ruger 10/22 and a Single Six .22 Mag for the young men when they are home.I guess I feel safer and I agree with anyone else who loads for bear and keeps the young'ns safe.God bless you all.

Sincerely, Defensor
picture of wife with 1911 or i call BS:lol:

DEFENSOR

imported post

Hey Glock34,

She sure loves Granddaddies pistol. 1918 made remington 1911,1924 upgraded at the armory to 1911A1. No changes except new springs and Hogue grip.

Statesman

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Statesman wrote:
ctfireman wrote:
did the abductor look like this ?   he grabbed abunch of my guns too...my luck, boat accidents - Aliens stealing my guns...:?

That's him! Was he wearing a Brady Campaign Confiscation Team t-shirt and reeking of latte?

Hunting Mama

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Out of our collection I generally keep 3 loaded.

870 Remington - loaded, but not chambered

.380 - loaded, not chambered

.45 - loaded and chambered (within my reach)

The others are generally unloaded. We do have 2 little girls (that have been and are being educated on gun safety and shooting) to think about.

SteveInAshand

imported post

Without telling the world how many I have, lets say the personal defense oriented weapons are all loaded extra ammo-mags at hand "and" hidden but easy to access, expect the one is on me at all times which has a spare next to it.

The "others" are in strategic hidden places loaded with ammo-mag's at hand, the rest are hunting rigs that are unload and stashed but have ammo with them.

None of my weapons are out in the open except the one on my hip the second larger one placed on my far corner bed-night stand. ;)