• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Casper

AB

imported post

Any OCers want to meet up for an news interview about pending legislation and OC.

Probably on Sat morning around 10am at Starbucks.

Need to know by Thursday.

Thanks,

Majorpain

imported post

Okay I'm not very familiar with Casper. A quick web search revealed two locations.

4585 E 2nd Street 4300 Cy Avenue
Casper, WY Casper, WY
(307) 234-9470 (307) 234-6550

Which location is it? Also who is this interview for ?

MatieA

imported post

AB wrote:
Any OCers want to meet up for an news interview about pending legislation and OC.

Probably on Sat morning around 10am at Starbucks.

Need to know by Thursday.

Thanks,
I am running a booth for the Laramie County 4-H Shooting Sports Club, or I would see if I could afford a trip to Casper. Too bad the event I am attending is on the college campus (no carry). But I will have 3 loaded airsoft guns LOL :celebrate

BigUgly

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hi, Matie,

you said, "Too bad the event I am attending is on the college campus (no carry)."

I believe that CCW is only allowed on college property with permission of the head of security for that location. However, if the college is a Wyoming college, therefore owned by the State of Wyoming, Open Carry should be perfectly legal. The only exception would be that if you were a student, there may be 'academic sanctions' against you.

If I am in error here, please show me where the State of Wyoming does not have pre-emption.

MatieA

imported post

I am no longer a student there, and I will call the security guy as I am on friendly terms with him, and get his take on it.

AB

imported post

Majorpain762 wrote:
Okay I'm not very familiar with Casper. A quick web search revealed two locations.

4585 E 2nd Street 4300 Cy Avenue
Casper, WY Casper, WY
(307) 234-9470 (307) 234-6550

Which location is it? Also who is this interview for ?
We could use either one. Interview is with K2TV News, would like to have 4 ocers 5 including myself.