Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAN FRANCISCO MEETUP, Presidio National Park (Feb. 27th 2010) 11am

Post imported post

Hi All,

BAY AREA OPEN CARRY: http://www.baoc.us

With UOC becoming LEGAL on 2-22-10 in National Parks (read up on the details all over the web) the time has come to bring a UOC Meetup to San Francisco. Saturday 2-27-10 11am in Presidio of San Francisco National Park!

There are several beaches, trails, & open areas to do a service project of trash clean up. Plan to bring a back pack Picnick and plan accordingly for weather.

As usual, check your routes, take standard precautions, etc. This will be a first for us so let's all help make it successful.

Exact meetup location start and other information to follow.

MORE TO COME! Stay tuned for more details...

Carry On!

Livermoron

Post imported post

LETS DO IT!!!!!!!

We are still waiting on some kinks on "buildings" but the outdoors should be fine!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! UNTIL A RULING HAS BEEN REACHED DO NOT ENTER ANY BUILDINGS IN FEDERAL PARKS! Restroom might even be included... I know I'm being overly cautious but all it takes is one arrest happy FLEO so ruin our day.

Just my thoughts =D

:celebrate

Banned

Post imported post

brad9point0 wrote:
    LETS DO IT!!!!!!!

We are still waiting on some kinks on "buildings" but the outdoors should be fine!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! UNTIL A RULING HAS BEEN REACHED DO NOT ENTER ANY BUILDINGS IN FEDERAL PARKS! Restroom might even be included... I know I'm being overly cautious but all it takes is one arrest happy FLEO so ruin our day.

Just my thoughts =D

Diapers?

Post imported post

N6ATF wrote:
    brad9point0 wrote:
    LETS DO IT!!!!!!!

Just my thoughts =D

Diapers?
    Porta-Potty? lol

:what:

Post imported post

Which do you prefer? Potty or Diapers?... Depends? ;-)

Livermoron

Post imported post

Come on people! A right we have been excited about and have been waiting for! Lets show some excitement. Lets get some people confirming!

Post imported post

My significant other has been long-desiring a return to the Bay Area, particularly some venue in Berkeley called "hot pot".
    Maybe make a weekend out of it.

Post imported post

This sounds so exciting! I'm sorry that I won't be able to make this one. My nephew's first birthday is that day, so family comes first. I'm a little sad.

I;m sure there will be a next time.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

I guess I'm obligated to show since this will be the closest meetup ever. I won't be carrying, but I'll happily show up to pick up trash and be a friendly witness.

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar

Post imported post

Can't make it. That date is not open for me.

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    I guess I'm obligated to show since this will be the closest meetup ever. I won't be carrying, but I'll happily show up to pick up trash and be a friendly witness.
    Why not carrying?

I guess there's no reason not to attend unarmed, but my thinking was this event would really be most worthwhile if we could get a really massive turnout.

Then again, I doubt we'd get a massive turnout with the response this thread has received thus far.

Mea culpa, too, of course.

Post imported post

Hi All,

Please tell your friends and other supporters about the 27th Meetup... Especially if you cannot make it yourself!

Everyone please PM me to RSVP in order to get a rough head-count.

Thanks!

Carry On,

Livermoron

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    bigtoe416 wrote:
    Why not carrying?
    I'm part of the standing-down group.

Post imported post

But of course. But what's the point of attending OC meets if you're standing down?

Post imported post

Picking up trash is never a bad thing. Plus I can keep an eye on you crazy kids and be a friendly witness in case the police decide to get friendly.

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    be a friendly witness in case the police decide to get friendly.
    Mmm, good point. +1

OK, on that note, I'll show. I'm too close to justify not attending, after all.

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    bigtoe416 wrote:
    Why not carrying?
    I'm part of the standing-down group.
    IMO the National Parks are a totally different topic than typical UOC in incorporated cities. Most gunnies support the right to carry openly and concealed in the Parks (and Forests, etc.). While I honor the CGF request in incorporated cities, I would carry in NPs.

Post imported post

MudCamper wrote:
    IMO the National Parks are a totally different topic than typical UOC in incorporated cities. Most gunnies support the right to carry openly and concealed in the Parks (and Forests, etc.). While I honor the CGF request in incorporated cities, I would carry in NPs.
    I believe the Presidio is a national park which is located entirely within an incorporated city, so that kind of puts this scenario somewhat peculiar.

Post imported post

as im reading this right now, the ktvu 2 news just did a story on it, i dont know if true or not but theysome parts of grand canyon ok state and local laws apply which means here in the bay presidio is off limits for guns, so please be careful and if someone can find out more info on this.

Post imported post

point reyes ok .alcatraz and presidio per local laws still ban guns there even though they are NP's, but then again the news always gives 10% facts and 90% opinions/beliefs, just wanted to post to make sure no one gets into trouble.

Post imported post

nerdyvirgin wrote:
    local laws apply which means here in the bay presidio is off limits for guns
    Please cite the laws you're referring to.

This post is a rather egregious violator of forum Rule #7. This is the kind of situation this rule was designed for. Please think about the potential ramifications of such a statement, both if true and if false. And you make it uncorroborated!

Post imported post

sorry i wasnt saying it was against the law while watching the news on channel 2 they said for alcatraz and presidio that guns are still off limits, thats why hoping for more info, and saying for people to be careful, and the news was saying state and local laws still in effect. there is no article for it thats why i said i just saw it on the channel 2 news at 6pm. thats why i said also not everything the news says is true andwhy im asking if anyone hasmore info, and just didnt want to get too excited about oc'ing in presidio for trash pick up

Post imported post

Well, Point Reyes is most likely in unincorporated territory, so I'm guessing you can LOC there (provided that you're far enough away from roads to avoid that Marin county statute). There's nothing special about the Presidio, it's just part of San Francisco, and carrying an unloaded firearm is perfectly fine in SF if you can manage to escape the school zones. Also, any local statutes would be preempted by state laws, so therefore it is highly likely that UOCing in the Presidio is perfectly fine.

Post imported post

i also just noticed u only quoted part of my sentence the beginning of it i was saying i dont know if its true, so im sorry if i worded or typed it one way and was thinking another ,also i stated i just saw it on the news not in an article so i can see how it looks like it from ur point of view of reading it . Sorry my bad

Post imported post

Alright, well I can see now looking back that you were asking for clarification. But, no offense, your post was rather hard to parse. I misunderstood exactly what you were trying to say.

Sorry for being abrupt with you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast