• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SAN FRANCISCO MEETUP, Presidio National Park (Feb. 27th 2010) 11am

Livermoron

imported post

Hi All,

BAY AREA OPEN CARRY: http://www.baoc.us

With UOC becoming LEGAL on 2-22-10 in National Parks (read up on the details all over the web) the time has come to bring a UOC Meetup to San Francisco. Saturday 2-27-10 11am in Presidio of San Francisco National Park!

There are several beaches, trails, & open areas to do a service project of trash clean up. Plan to bring a back pack Picnick and plan accordingly for weather.

As usual, check your routes, take standard precautions, etc. This will be a first for us so let's all help make it successful.

Exact meetup location start and other information to follow.

MORE TO COME! Stay tuned for more details...

Carry On!

Livermoron :cool:

brad9point0

imported post

LETS DO IT!!!!!!!

We are still waiting on some kinks on "buildings" but the outdoors should be fine!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! UNTIL A RULING HAS BEEN REACHED DO NOT ENTER ANY BUILDINGS IN FEDERAL PARKS! Restroom might even be included... I know I'm being overly cautious but all it takes is one arrest happy FLEO so ruin our day.

Just my thoughts =D

:celebrate

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

brad9point0 wrote:
LETS DO IT!!!!!!!

We are still waiting on some kinks on "buildings" but the outdoors should be fine!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! UNTIL A RULING HAS BEEN REACHED DO NOT ENTER ANY BUILDINGS IN FEDERAL PARKS! Restroom might even be included... I know I'm being overly cautious but all it takes is one arrest happy FLEO so ruin our day.

Just my thoughts =D

Diapers?

brad9point0

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
brad9point0 wrote:
LETS DO IT!!!!!!!

Just my thoughts =D

Diapers?

Porta-Potty? lol

:what:

brad9point0

imported post

Come on people! A right we have been excited about and have been waiting for! Lets show some excitement. Lets get some people confirming!

heliopolissolutions

imported post

My significant other has been long-desiring a return to the Bay Area, particularly some venue in Berkeley called "hot pot".
Maybe make a weekend out of it.

jsebclark

imported post

This sounds so exciting! I'm sorry that I won't be able to make this one. My nephew's first birthday is that day, so family comes first. I'm a little sad.:cry:

I;m sure there will be a next time.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I guess I'm obligated to show since this will be the closest meetup ever. I won't be carrying, but I'll happily show up to pick up trash and be a friendly witness.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
I guess I'm obligated to show since this will be the closest meetup ever. I won't be carrying, but I'll happily show up to pick up trash and be a friendly witness.
Why not carrying?

I guess there's no reason not to attend unarmed, but my thinking was this event would really be most worthwhile if we could get a really massive turnout.

Then again, I doubt we'd get a massive turnout with the response this thread has received thus far.

Mea culpa, too, of course.

Livermoron

imported post

Hi All,

Please tell your friends and other supporters about the 27th Meetup... Especially if you cannot make it yourself! :)

Everyone please PM me to RSVP in order to get a rough head-count.

Thanks!

Carry On,

Livermoron :cool:

bigtoe416

imported post

marshaul wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:
Why not carrying?
I'm part of the standing-down group.

bigtoe416

imported post

Picking up trash is never a bad thing. Plus I can keep an eye on you crazy kids and be a friendly witness in case the police decide to get friendly.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
marshaul wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:
Why not carrying?
I'm part of the standing-down group.
IMO the National Parks are a totally different topic than typical UOC in incorporated cities. Most gunnies support the right to carry openly and concealed in the Parks (and Forests, etc.). While I honor the CGF request in incorporated cities, I would carry in NPs.

bigtoe416

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
IMO the National Parks are a totally different topic than typical UOC in incorporated cities. Most gunnies support the right to carry openly and concealed in the Parks (and Forests, etc.). While I honor the CGF request in incorporated cities, I would carry in NPs.
I believe the Presidio is a national park which is located entirely within an incorporated city, so that kind of puts this scenario somewhat peculiar.

nerdyvirgin

imported post

as im reading this right now, the ktvu 2 news just did a story on it, i dont know if true or not but theysome parts of grand canyon ok state and local laws apply which means here in the bay presidio is off limits for guns, so please be careful and if someone can find out more info on this.

nerdyvirgin

imported post

point reyes ok .alcatraz and presidio per local laws still ban guns there even though they are NP's, but then again the news always gives 10% facts and 90% opinions/beliefs, just wanted to post to make sure no one gets into trouble.