• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

March is open carry month for CENTRALIA

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Wow....umm guys if you don't give care what we are trying to accomplish and don't care about this forum go start your own forum.

Heresolong offers some solid good advice that could keep you out trouble and not damage the reputation of open carriers and he gets treated with contempt and disrespect? What is wrong with you ignoramus being a fool does nothing for our cause, being arrested for justly carrying is one thing being arrested for being an ignorant ass and disobeying lawful orders of a company employee is plain stupid and will have the opposite effect.

Do you want Starbucks to recant their corporate policy? With attitude like yours no one would blame them and then you would have successfully ruined it for perhaps millions of law abiding polite gun owners. And hand over an easy win to the anti's :banghead::banghead:.

Even if the people are as stubborn and ignorant as you folks claim think about this. If a mule won't move you can't make him move by hitting him with a 2x4 but the carrot dangling in front of him will work every time.

Don't be surprised if the formers of this site see your attitude and decide they don't want you in their playground anymore.

Trigger Dr

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Wow....umm guys if you don't give care what we are trying to accomplish and don't care about this forum go start your own forum.

Heresolong offers some solid good advice that could keep you out trouble and not damage the reputation of open carriers and he gets treated with contempt and disrespect? What is wrong with you ignoramus being a fool does nothing for our cause, being arrested for justly carrying is one thing being arrested for being an ignorant ass and disobeying lawful orders of a company employee is plain stupid and will have the opposite effect.

Do you want Starbucks to recant their corporate policy? With attitude like yours no one would blame them and then you would have successfully ruined it for perhaps millions of law abiding polite gun owners. And hand over an easy win to the anti's :banghead::banghead:.

Even if the people are as stubborn and ignorant as you folks claim think about this. If a mule won't move you can't make him move by hitting him with a 2x4 but the carrot dangling in front of him will work every time.

Don't be surprised if the formers of this site see your attitude and decide they don't want you in their playground anymore.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

I don't honestly care who I ruin it for. Im not disobeying the laws of any kind. In fact.. I would follow as many as I can on a daily basis. And ive never been in a posisition while carrying to ask myself "should I be doing this". If I ruin it for tens of millions of people, then I guess you guys will just have to settle for better tasting , cheaper coffee.

Damn. Grow the hell up and stop being whipped about how I handle gun control. Im from the country -You city boys put too much thought into making contact with people who ,quite frankly don't give a damn what you're trying to prove. You ask permission to carry befor anyone even notices.

Rule number one. -Never attract attention to yourself if you don't want bothered - You just broke it. I carry CC 90% of the time. I don't ask if it's okay with people. I do it because I can, Because it provides protection where I know others - and LE cannot.I never walk around handing out gun rights pamphlets, or cards to people. Here's a little secret about the world you live in.

There are two types of people. Ones who know the law, and don't need to be told ; And ones who don't know it - And generally dont give a flying @#$%. YOU need to come to terms with the fact that this is the common option for Antis.

Am I against you? - No.

Do I take in your input? - Yes.

Does it matter to me if starbucks bans firearms? - Hell no.

Why? - Because I can make coffee at home for virtually the cost of nothing.

Ive been an OC'er for some years now. And one thing that I've noticed is *People who do it, are never JUST excersing a right* You're looking for attention in one way or another. You wouldnt have it showing if you didnt want someone to notice.

Knowing you, You'd take the tone of "well I don't care who sees it" apparently , you do if you're worried about someone seeing mine -Because I don't walk into a store or place of business doing anything different than anyone else.

--On page one of my OP. I said something in the tone of.. " I was so pissed but I kept my mouth shut and gathered my things and jetted." ---Someone actually replied.. " I wouldnt have kept mine shut, I would have told her exactly how it was" . Let me break this down for you..

Because I'm almost sure that you're of this mentallity aswell. That's a Big No , No ; There tanto. You have a gun, And now you're arguing with someone - and starting a form of domestic dispute. Looks who's wearing the bad guy label now, Mo-Fo.

If you don't mind.. Im going back to eating my penut-butter & jelly sandwich that over the past 4-or-5 minutes of typing this has started to take up a rather annoying form of crunchy crust syndrome.

-Paka.

-Warning - rule violation -

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Wow... Just wow...

"I don't honestly care who I ruin it for. Im not disobeying the laws of any kind. In fact.. I would follow as many as I can on a daily basis. And ive never been in a posisition while carrying to ask myself "should I be doing this". If I ruin it for tens of millions of people, then I guess you guys will just have to settle for better tasting , cheaper coffee."

*facepalm*

I'm sure it's obvious by now that none of us are impressed with that attitude. And there's no need for any of us to ask whether we should be doing this either. You may not care whether you ruin it for "tens of millions" of people, but we do, seeing as how the rest of us are part of the "tens of millions" of people.

"Damn. Grow the hell up and stop being whipped about how I handle gun control. Im from the country -You city boys put too much thought into making contact with people who ,quite frankly don't give a damn what you're trying to prove. You ask permission to carry befor anyone even notices."

Most of us don't ask permission from businesses, we just open carry until they decide to make it an issue, then we either discontinue business with them or contact their corporate offices to verify their policy.

"Rule number one. -Never attract attention to yourself if you don't want bothered - You just broke it. I carry CC 90% of the time. I don't ask if it's okay with people. I do it because I can, Because it provides protection where I know others - and LE cannot.I never walk around handing out gun rights pamphlets, or cards to people."

Um, you do realize this is opencarry.org, right? We have a thread stickied specifically for the pamphlets. I've educated several people with them. They have something tangible to refer to for the law, and it's something they can show others. People like having something they can physically see. Naturally, people can be idiots and misquote things horribly from memory. The pamphlet doesn't change. It helps keep the record straight.

"Here's a little secret about the world you live in.

There are two types of people. Ones who know the law, and don't need to be told ; And ones who don't know it - And generally dont give a flying @#$%. YOU need to come to terms with the fact that this is the common option for Antis.
"

Then how is it that I've educated people who don't know, and then ended up 'giving a flying @#$%' about it? There's two people that I come into contact with regularly. Before they met me, they would never have considered owning a firearm, let alone take the time to study the laws about them. Now they're getting ready to fill out the paperwork for their CPL and giving thought to what they want as their carry piece.

"Am I against you? - No.

Do I take in your input? - Yes.

Does it matter to me if starbucks bans firearms? - Hell no.

Why? - Because I can make coffee at home for virtually the cost of nothing.
"

Well, from the sound of your post, you sure do seem to be against us and you don't seem to be taking our input. It may not matter to you whether Starbucks bans firearms, but some of us do care and would like to continue to have a place we can OC without problem in the vast majority of instances.

"Ive been an OC'er for some years now. And one thing that I've noticed is *People who do it, are never JUST excersing a right* You're looking for attention in one way or another. You wouldnt have it showing if you didnt want someone to notice."

Or maybe some of us just don't feel like dressing around our sidearm. Or we prefer to have quicker access to it.

"Knowing you, You'd take the tone of "well I don't care who sees it" apparently , you do if you're worried about someone seeing mine -Because I don't walk into a store or place of business doing anything different than anyone else. "

When did anyone say they were worried about someone seeing yours? We're simply pointing out how we think it should be handled and why.

"If you don't mind.. Im going back to eating my penut-butter & jelly sandwich that over the past 4-or-5 minutes of typing this has started to take up a rather annoying form of crunchy crust syndrome."

Enjoy. Get a glass of milk while you're at it.

That attitude is going to get you and the rest of us nowhere, and fast.

Cut the attitude or GTFO the forum.

Let's go ahead and quit feeding the troll.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

G U N, You sound like a man with an anger management problem. I was completely on your side until you started spitting vitriol like a spoiled brat. You have lost my sympathy due to your methods but I still support your right to carry.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Bookman wrote:
G U N, You sound like a man with an anger management problem. I was completely on your side until you started spitting vitriol like a spoiled brat. You have lost my sympathy due to your methods but I still support your right to carry.
+1

massivedesign

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
*facepalm*

Guess the Centralia OC will need to be re-scheduled....?? Frankly, I don't want this guy next to me anymore.... So count me out for this one..

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

DaemonForce

imported post

Golf Uniform November wrote:
Im going back to eating my penut-butter & jelly sandwich
Peanut butter jel-ly! Peanut butter jel-ly! Peanut butter jelly! Peanut butty jelly! Peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat! :celebrate

Bookman wrote:
G.U.N. is like many men here that have not lost their temper. He has simply lost patience with the stupid people around him. In a truck stop between real worlds, they tend to look the same.

Just....Uh....Come to Centralia and stray from your itinerary a bit. MaybeSubway, the street corner pharmacy or the Safeway and if there's enough locals around you'll quickly see what I mean. The preparations for creating unnecessary trouble include putting snot nose little girls in charge of the till and making them forget their place in the real world by giving them a small taste of power that they want to control men. This usually comes in two flavors of bullshit: Manager and Supervisor. Think about it.:cool:

Guest1650

imported post

Ugh.... I hate situations like this.. I hate to thread jack.. But I posted a centralia meet up thread.. Maybe the OP just needs to cool his heels.. In the past Ive seen people that had a bad OC event and it turned them round'. I support you all the way GUN. and if you're worried, or just plain don't want to oC alone.. I would like to talk with you in person ?

----You probably don't care.. But when I first started OCing.. I was standing in a safeway line.. and a kid about 7-8 actually grabbed the butt of my pistol !! his mom freaked out.. she even told me that only serial killers carry a gun like that. After that.. needless to say, I felt like a peice of trash. I didnt even CC or OC for a few weeks, Untill I was walking home from my local aromory at about 8.. Pretty dark.. and I was followed by a car .. I walked into someone elses yard, Just because I didnt want them knowing where I lived!

If I was carrying would it have changed anything?.. I don't know.. I know it could have if it needed to. Ive seen in other threads..that you are some form of military.. and I can tell you... flat out.. It would be a shame to see you give up. With OUR weapon training I bet you would make a great person to carry with.

I don't mean to be rude or anything... But it just sounds like you need to have the sand wiped out of your crack so you can carry on.. reguardless.. We want you around.. and you're in.........................some form.....suporting us.

Phil

compmanio365

imported post

I think someone needs to grow up. Everyone here totally supports and encourages OC and carry pretty much how you want, but if you act like a spoiled brat and throw a tantrum like the example we have here on this very forum every time someone asks you a question, I'd have no problem with saying that I'd much rather you just conceal and save everyone the trouble of having to make up for your bad impression you're giving people on the subject of OC.

I've been on this forum and OCing since the day I turned 21, and it was not so easy a few years back, especially in Tacoma, compared to now. Even still, if you are going to OC, you are going to inevitably get questions and comments, and maybe even the occasional PD contact. Your attitude and how you carry yourself will determine how the general public and law enforcement in your area sees you and the OC movement as a whole. It'd be nice to be able to ignore that and say "I'm just carrying for myself and everyone else can #@@$ themselves", but to do so at this time is ignorant at best, and maliciously immature at worst.

When you put your gun on the outside of your belt and walk around, you REPRESENT gun owners and OC as a whole, like it or not. If you aren't willing to be a decent human being, and want to act like a spoiled little brat, please, do us all a favor, and don't OC. If you want to act like a mature adult, then please, join us, carry on, and we'll all look forward to seeing you at the next meet.

DaemonForce

imported post

phil teters wrote:
----You probably don't care.. But when I first started OCing.. I was standing in a safeway line.. and a kid about 7-8 actually grabbed the butt of my pistol !! his mom freaked out.. she even told me that only serial killers carry a gun like that. After that.. needless to say, I felt like a peice of trash.
There is so much wrong with that I can't even get my bearings straight. :uhoh:
1. Don't ever let someone touch your gun without permission.Keep away from non-LEOs.:shock:
2. Bad mommy! You let your kid touch everyone's guns without asking!
3. Worse mommy! You let your kid bother our reserve serial killers!
4. Worst mommy! You spoke out against what few killers we have left and gave him a xxxxdamn inferiority complex that could potentially get him killed! You spoke! The war effort is bad enough. Get the @#$% out of my town

Seriously, no one needs that. Worst of all our military. You guys are thugs and we have you to rely on for mowing people down because as citizens, we are too chicken@#$% to do the job ourselves for every excuse you can imagine. You are taught that your gun is your life. It is and like a woman, it cannot be used without a man. I can't even imagine what your CO would say about this. I say this because if I were him my blood pressure would have killed me ages ago. I just got up and I already need to lay down again. :(

EDIT: God bless.

Guest1650

imported post

DaemonForce wrote:
phil teters wrote:
----You probably don't care.. But when I first started OCing.. I was standing in a safeway line.. and a kid about 7-8 actually grabbed the butt of my pistol !! his mom freaked out.. she even told me that only serial killers carry a gun like that. After that.. needless to say, I felt like a peice of trash.
There is so much wrong with that I can't even get my bearings straight. :uhoh:
1. Don't ever let someone touch your gun without permission.Keep away from non-LEOs.:shock:
2. Bad mommy! You let your kid touch everyone's guns without asking!
3. Worse mommy! You let your kid bother our reserve serial killers!
4. Worst mommy! You spoke out against what few killers we have left and gave him a inferiority complex that could potentially get him killed! You spoke! The war effort is bad enough. Get the @#$% out of my town you pretentious unpatriotic scum-sucking whore!

Seriously, no one needs that. Worst of all our military. You guys are thugs and we have you to rely on for mowing people down because as citizens, we are too chicken@#$% to do the job ourselves for every excuse you can imagine. You are taught that your gun is your life. It is and like a woman, it cannot be used without a man. I can't even imagine what your CO would say about this. I say this because if I were him my blood pressure would have killed me ages ago. I just got up and I already need to lay down again. :(

EDIT: God bless.
Ha! You're awesome.. the finny part is.. Let me try to recall the entire situation.. I remember going to the 20 items or less line.. I have excellent situational awareness.. I was kind of traing like that :p

As Im standing there, Im always scanning left to right.. just because it's generally a habit of mine.. especially when Im OC... I even turned and didnt see this kid!!!! short little bastads!

Then I feel this tug on my holster.. I turned really quick and almost knocked the lady on her ass.. I thought it was her! Then she starts yelling at the kid.. Im like.. WTF??? so I'm about 3-4 people back in line and even the worker running that counter is getting an earful of what's unfolding.. When she called me a serial killer.. all i remember thinking was.. OH CRAP.. someones going to put in a man with a gun call.. and say that a lady said he was a serial killer.. Luckily.. I just went on my way, I told her if she didnt like it.. to switch lines.. ONLY after the checker, Whom I knew pretty well told the lady that I was military.. Did she drop it, and infact.. apoligized to me out side of the door.

Keep in mind.. now, this was a few years back.. Im guessing if i saw the lady today.. If she even remembered me..shed smile, say hi.. See my .45 and remember that Im infact, Not a serial killer.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Lot of nutters down in Lewis County. I always get a chuckle or three when I work down there. I keep hearing Lewis County has the highest incest rates in the state. Could be true from what I've seen.:p

DaemonForce

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Lot of nutters down in Lewis County. I always get a chuckle or three when I work down there. I keep hearing Lewis County has the highest incest rates in the state. Could be true from what I've seen.:p
Oh God....I've met people here that have down syndrome so bad they probably have up, left and right syndrome too! :shock:

People that come here into open public aren't looking for trouble. They're demanding it. :uhoh:

oneeyeross

imported post

Funny, that. I moved out of Thurston county to Lewis county to avoid the nutters...

I'd rather live in Lewis county where I don't hear as many sirens all hours of the day and night...and I don't have to deal with Lacey traffic anymore!!!!

Bear 45/70

imported post

Golf Uniform November wrote:
...........................................Because heres the rotten truth. I don't give a rats ass. It's my RIGHT, MY PRIVELAGE. ................................................
It can't be both drama queen. It is either a right or a priviledge but it can't be both since a right can not be a priviledge and a priviledge is not a right. :quirky