• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

March is open carry month for CENTRALIA

Golf Uniform November

imported post

March OC Meet in Centralia

Restaurant:
Country Cousin- (It's right off of i-5 )ramblinrestaurants.com
1054 Harrison Avenue, Centralia - (360) 736-2200 For questions.

I have open carried there befor with a couple of forum members. And I have never had a problem here. Not to mention nothing comes more close to a home cooked meal.

I wont be hosting this event. You're all big boys and girls. So bring yourselves. I'll Be there.

The dates are foggy at this point. But I am thinking the second saturday of the month. as I am engaged in Military duties usually through the whole first week straight. If saturday doesnt work for you, then let me know, and we can shoot for sunday.

-Afterall carrying a gun is more religious for me on a sunday, than attending church service.

I saw mention of OC after for coffee at the starbucks that barred me. Sounds like an excellent idea.

Ill keep you posted if anything changes.

_G.U.N.

heresolong

imported post

Golf Uniform November wrote:
I saw mention of OC after for coffee at the starbucks that barred me. Sounds like an excellent idea.
In the meantime a letter to corporate would be in order.

Starbucks Customer Relations
PO Box 3717
Seattle, WA 98124-3717
Dear Starbucks,

I was heartened to read of your support for the Second Amendment and the right to self defense in the news recently. I carry a firearm for self defense as allowed by Washington State law. Last xxxx I stopped at Starbucks at xxxxxx Avenue in Centralia, Washington to get a coffee. As I sat/stood/waited for my coffee I was approached by the manager/asst mgr/barista and told that it was illegal for me to carry a gun in Starbucks and that I should leave or get rid of the gun. I tried to point out to her that not only was it legal for me to carry my firearm, but your policy, as recently affirmed very publicly, was to allow me to carry in accorance with state law. She informed me that unless I left she would call the police and have me removed from the premises.

I am very upset about this. Not only did I not get to enjoy my coffee, it would appear that you have employees acting in direct contravention to your stated corporate policy. I would like to continue to patronize your shops but am now worried that I will encounter hostile employees and possibly have to deal with local law enforcement.

I would appreciate it if you would resolve the situation with your store so that I can continue to do business with you.

Thanks. g.u.n.

DaemonForce

imported post

Thanks guys. This means a lot to me and lone wolf OCers like G.U.N. I'm sure there are other OCersthat livehere but they keep to other places. People here just do not understand guns and the law. Also no, Imean those two exclusively. They just don't understand either one. I look forward toseeing you educate the public. I would help butI have a serious deficiency when it comes to certain people listening to what I say. They're usually uneducated,in their 20's,can't handle the law and often talk to me like they have too many teeth. This gives you an idea what you might be dealing with during your courageous itinerary. Thank you and Godspeed.:shock:

Golf Uniform November

imported post

I should know what day today, will be the FOR sure date. Im waiting for a call back from my GOV. job so I can get the shcedule-Even if I work, I'll be taking the day off.

I would write a letter,and what you had typed up was an awesome example. But I have decided I'll be taking a more direct approach Which includes -Contuining to avoid that store untill the meet up.. I'll be going to the chahalis starbucks where the SAME BARISTA also works. I'll see if she has something to say at both locations.. Maybe each of the stores magically has the exact same gun policy.. "no guns" In which case Im going to put this &^$@# in her place :) I have some gun rights pamphlets..and I'll be meeting a local LEO there for coffee.. BOTH OC.. and we'll BOTH be off duty. that will be tomorrow - when I know she works L)

Keep ya posted.

DaemonForce

imported post

I'll be going to the chahalis starbucks where the SAME BARISTA also works.
That's kinda creepy. Good thing I stay out. :?

Maybe each of the stores magically has the exact same gun policy.. "no guns"
Only when she's there? ;)

I just avoid her whenever possible. Every place I go to thelittle girlsaren'tcapable of getting my order right anyway so they're a friggen worthless waste of time. The ones that suddenly ask me out on the spot are worse. God, I really don't want to think about that. :(I'm going to go get hamburgers and coffee and when the smartass guy asks if he canget me anything I'm going to say damn right he can, because he's man enough to do things right the first time.Now I remember what the tip jar is for. These days I'm often getting sick from bad method.If it isn't done right it doesn't earn my money to begin with. Ineed tostay out of places where I don't belong.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

Seriously! the starbucks girls are disgusting. Ive had two of them ask me out since ive been going to the centralia one! One of them even 'Found" my unlisted phone number and called me a crap load!

so..they.....don't like guns.

they stalker call people they don't know

they make their own laws

and they are very annoying women!

Sounds alot like all of my ex's

heresolong

imported post

I should know what day today, will be the FOR sure date. Im waiting for a call back from my GOV. job so I can get the shcedule-Even if I work, I'll be taking the day off.

I would write a letter,and what you had typed up was an awesome example. But I have decided I'll be taking a more direct approach Which includes -Contuining to avoid that store untill the meet up.. I'll be going to the chahalis starbucks where the SAME BARISTA also works. I'll see if she has something to say at both locations.. Maybe each of the stores magically has the exact same gun policy.. "no guns" In which case Im going to put this &^$@# in her place :) I have some gun rights pamphlets..and I'll be meeting a local LEO there for coffee.. BOTH OC.. and we'll BOTH be off duty. that will be tomorrow - when I know she works L)

Keep ya posted.
I don't know that your direct approach sounds productive. If you "put the %^&* in her place" you are just causing confrontation, not resolving the issue, which is your wish to carry in a private business. If you contact corporate, presumably they will "put the ..." much more effectively than you with no risk of negative public exposure and no risk of backlash on others who also carry but may walk in unawares. Education and working within the system is a much more effective tool than the confrontation you are suggesting.

Private property owners have the right to ask you to leave. As the head whatever, she has the right to ask you to leave. She doesn't even need a good reason. If you pursue this you risk getting contacted by local LEO who will have every legal right to haul you off for a short stay in the local tank. I also wonder how this confrontation might affect your military career. (I am a former Navy Lieutenant (not NavyLT) so I have some idea how that system works.)

Take my advice here, please. Call corporate and let it drop while you are working through that process.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

making a phone call and wiping asses is going to get me anywhere. I don't often have any problems down here. and atleast my approach gets direct results. My military carreer has nothing to do with it. What I do on my own time IS my business. What I do when Im in boots is another story.

Protesting things that don't even concerne firearms. When are you going to come to terms with the fact that your voice doesnt mean ANYTHING. you could have stood 10 million strong.. and all youve just done is labeled yourselves as "picketors, Rioters, and protesters" Congradulations. The fact of the matter is.. if they want to raise taxes, they will. If they want to ban your rifles , they will.

If they want to outlaw pistols, and CPLs.. then THEY WILL. Your voice isnt loud enough to reach anyone.

You guys wait-wait- and wait.. But nothing is ever getting done by sitting there hoping that someone emails, or writes you back. Ive contacted who i NEEDED to contact about this matter.

If I go to jail, then so be it. If I win my round - then great. But I don't need approval from you guys to take care of my business here. How many of you OC in centralia on a daily basis?..

that's what I thought.- I rest my case ......for now.

-Just saying.

DaemonForce

imported post

Seriously! the starbucks girls are disgusting. Ive had two of them ask me out since ive been going to the centralia one! One of them even 'Found" my unlisted phone number and called me a crap load!
Oh @#$%! You can't be serious! I knew it wasn't just me! It couldn't have been! :what:

G.U.N. you are now #1 in my stone tome(I'm suddenly a caveman? :uhoh:). That's scarier than some unknwon whatsit strapped to his Colt. Also, you now have abetter clue why I avoid the public eye whenever possible, though it's far from a complete idea I assure you.I don't carry but I'll try my damndest to be there. You are all very interesting and your education andmindset make you trustworthy characters. If I don't make it,all I can say is goondolences. :?

I've been here for a long time but have never been in the Country Cousin. I wonder if their food is any good. Must be if armed citizens want a piece of it. :cool:

EDIT: Maybe I should avoid the Starbucks at this point.

But they're like crack to me. Their coffee is so good.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

I don't mean to drop names or anything but the girl named amber that used to work there.. Ya.. AMBER.. one mroe time.. AM-BER. avoid that girl like a plague. she may just ''aqquire your number' from a recruiting office. crazy beezy!

When are you going to start carrying! I could use a partner in NON-crime.

DaemonForce

imported post

When are you going to start carrying! I could use a partner in NON-crime.
I'll eventually break away from my own mental mess someday. :(I like firearms but I don't want one. I think that arming myself with a firearm is just tacking myself with a burden. This is because I'm not a gun person. I'm more into knives than I am into firearms. Especially switchblades. But a particular knife I use is faster than a switchblade and twice as strong as any folder I've ever seen. This means if I were to carry one, that puts me in legal limbo and I would be twice as likely tofacethe maximum one yearjail penalty. Don't even try to lie. You live here, you've gotten letters from Golden, Carter and Richards. Youknow I'm right.

Despite this, I just don't want a firearm. I feel better having armed guards around when I enter and leave businesses. That's just how I am. Like I said before, it's a mess and I need to fix this soon or face being held up by another snot nose kid that mistakes me for a stupid teenager/target.

heresolong

imported post

making a phone call and wiping asses is going to get me anywhere. I don't often have any problems down here. and atleast my approach gets direct results. My military carreer has nothing to do with it. What I do on my own time IS my business. What I do when Im in boots is another story.

Protesting things that don't even concerne firearms. When are you going to come to terms with the fact that your voice doesnt mean ANYTHING. you could have stood 10 million strong.. and all youve just done is labeled yourselves as "picketors, Rioters, and protesters" Congradulations. The fact of the matter is.. if they want to raise taxes, they will. If they want to ban your rifles , they will.

If they want to outlaw pistols, and CPLs.. then THEY WILL. Your voice isnt loud enough to reach anyone.

You guys wait-wait- and wait.. But nothing is ever getting done by sitting there hoping that someone emails, or writes you back. Ive contacted who i NEEDED to contact about this matter.

If I go to jail, then so be it. If I win my round - then great. But I don't need approval from you guys to take care of my business here. How many of you OC in centralia on a daily basis?..

that's what I thought.- I rest my case ......for now.

-Just saying.
Well, to address a couple of your points,

1) The vast majority of police departments in Washington now acknowledge that open carry is legal due to our voices and education.

2) The vast majority of cities and counties in Washington now know that open carry is legal, whether they choose to acknowledge it or not (they will have to come around once the Seattle court case is settled).

3) Many businesses around the state have affirmed that we are OK to open carry in their premises, many after initially asking OC members to leave.

These results have come from us knocking on doors, writing letters, and communicating with businesses and local governments.

4) If you go to jail for harassment or trespassing, it is the military's business, whether you did it on your own time or not. If you don't think so, you might want to consult with your JAG or superior officers. Conduct unbecoming, failure to report to duty, etc.

Please explain to me how the actions that we have taken over the past several years have amounted to "wait - wait- wait". We have been proactive, but we have not been overly confrontational. It has worked.

What we have not done is gotten in people's faces and "put that %^&* in her place" with our information. How do you think that is going to change her attitude towards guns? The best way to normalize the right to self defense is to educate the general public that we are normal people with our and their best interests at heart. If you go around with a confrontational attitude ("put that %^&* in her place") all you are going to do is mobilize her against you. She will spend the next month telling everyone she knows what jerks gun owners are. Doesn't help us at all.

Finally, I don't understand your attitude about it being in Centralia where the rest of us are not. You came on a statewide forum to either ask advice or share your experiences. The point of a statewide forum is to allow us to learn from each other. To cop this BS attitude that it isn't our business, that you don't need our approval, etc, well why did you post up here to begin with then? If you have it all figured out, what are you wasting your time here for? I would suggest that having the input from people who have been there for years before you would be a good thing. There are many people on here who have done both what you are suggesting and what some of us suggested. Ask them what works. My experience has been that the polite educational approach works a lot more than the "put that %^&* in her place" approach.

DaemonForce

imported post

heresolong wrote:
The vast majority of police departments in Washington now acknowledge that open carry is legal due to our voices and education.
Huzzah!

heresolong wrote:
What we have not done is gotten in people's faces and "put that %^&* in her place" with our information. How do you think that is going to change her attitude towards guns?
I have to word this carefully.

Look at this from a different angle. You meet a very average girl(average meaning local). She grows up in a town that is full of ignorance, bad parentingand stagnation which in this case means death. More importantly she has never been anywhere else. She is raised to be a normal social leech and does so at the best of her abilities likeall women before her. She has never gone hunting, never held a gun in her hands let alone fired one. She isindoctrinated through the schools and media that guns are a bad and evil thing that are used by criminals to slaughter innocent people. To her it's not a personal problembut without rational sense she decidesit's not a big ******* wall and that she is capable of tearing it down. So you do your best to indicate you are not doing anything wrong. Does she fold? It's not in her womanly nature to do so. Instead, she will bitch and moan until she has her way.Which is usually how she manages to get everything else.

The name caught me off guard because I didn't specifically know of her. I don't have to meet this girl to understand suchunusual and common behavior. Let me explain. I grew up surrounded by this kind of nature all the time. One day I was tired of living my life with no future, got really pissed off and landed myself a job on the mythical planet of Arizona. For one year, I discovered how everyone truly is: the system they live in, their backgrounds, speech, abuse,pain, their pride, their beliefs and their foundationsfor all of it. Chances are that if you have ever been through Phoenix, you have met me. Unless you're poor. That is why I can identify numerous variations of this mystery I call hysteria. That is what I have learned. I left only to return to this pitiful world of Washington to discover that the people here are uninteresting and stupid. At this point you can imagine why I'm harassed so much. They haven't changed and no one has expected them to do so. Now lets look again. Would a man do that? It's possible but I doubt it. You would have to agree that his misplaced panic is all that he has and that's all there is to his world.

I would have been that man. I was raised by a single mom that still doesn't have her shit together. I was taught to be nice to girls, that drugs are bad and guns are evil. The worst part of it is that there was no father in my life to do any parenting. Which is really why I was raised wrong. So why on Earth would I encourage open carriers to exercise their rights rather than condemn them for "intimidating" other people by carrying a chunk of iron in a holster? Why would I go against the teachings that guns are evil and are to be thrown away to acquire peace? What makes a man like me stand in difference to that of the average local Lewis County girl?

Simple: I grew the **** up.

One morning during the start of my one year stay in Arizona I met an incredibleman roughly twice my age that I worked with most of that time. For privacy reasons I won't mention his whole name but he's so awesome that I shouldn't have to anyway. His name is Fred and he is the very symbol of immortality. He's the most physically fit person I have ever met and possibly the most intelligent. There are women thattravel through Phoenix requiring assistance and they ask for him by name. This makes him very busy and very rich in every aspect. He relates to hundreds of thousands of people and at the time I had no idea how or why. I asked him about why there never seems to be anything bad in his life and he took it upon me to realize that "bad shit happens in this world no matter where you are. It's best not to worry about it." Something so inherently small and simple and yet thoughout 20 years of life I had never given thought.

That is the real reason any kind of carrier exists. Because bad stuff happens no matter where you are. They're not worried about it. They have realized and accepted it! I don't care what kind of excuse you give as to why you carry.You just want to be preparedto do something about it when it happens around you and there is nothing wrong about that. Guns aren't evil because they don't have a will of their own. People are another story.

I had often made it a point to hang around the bars at night. Nothing too unusual ever happened around there because it was full ofhappy college students and crappy music. What more could anyone ask for? They don't need security because of their overwhelming power in numbers and magnetic attraction to freedom. One night I met a girl there that had been asking around about me. I came to find out that she was also from Lewis County. A little weird and very very unexpected. I usually avoid these particular women like sodomy but we talked for a while and I found that she was impressed with me for three reasons:
I moved to get my life in order.
She finally met someone from Lewis that held a respectable jobwithout a drugaddiction.
If I ever returned I would have a lot more to tell anyone else because very few people from Lewis ever leave toexperience the real world.

I don't remember her name butthese days I realize how true that last line really is. You can tell this barista whatever you want and it won't make a lick of difference. She could be held up at knifepoint every morning and it wouldn't matter. Until she realizes the truth about people, she will always be a leech, she will always be suckered into abusive relationships and she will not grow up.

Unfortunately I don't know of any ways to force the change but you can still work around it. Since men are rational human beings, it'seasier to inform them of the truth rather than being stuck on every emotionally screwed girl that panics because youcarry something that doesn't have her understanding let alone respect. I believe this is leading me to understand why there is so much trouble in the OC movement. You have a tendency to treat every pebble in your way like a brick wall. It seems stupid but after looking at this from a legal perspective, it's a genuine problem.Because most Lewis residents don't understand their own rights, OCers like G.U.N. understand that it's simply a lot worse than it needs to be. I understand his frustration. Anyone that can put up with thisis asuperman.

Golf Uniform November

imported post

Do you think I honestly give a flying FRIG about you or anyone else on this forum. If you think Im giving gun carriers a bad name then you have another thing coming.

Because heres the rotten truth. I don't give a rats ass. It's my RIGHT, MY PRIVELAGE.

Also. I Don't care who the f--k you are. But you can kindly stay out of my business as to my work/ personal life. You sound like a 'mr know it all' at best. and a punk little douche at worst. you're a protesting, pickit carrying - gun slinging idiot and Frankly You're a moron. Do you live in centralia? NO.

Do you know that the local police seem to have adopted their own rules?. NO.

You do what you can to survive. You do what you can to blend in. IM not going to be the pecker head standing in a crowd full of idiots waving flags, flyers, and handing out gun rights pamphlets. Ill be the guy blending in, carrying OC, OR CC. thinking.. "what an ass".....

Like i said befor. if im giving you a bad name for carrying a gun, and actually FIGHTING FOR MY RIGHTS to do so. rather than exchanging emails like im some whipped teenager hitting on myspace girls.

IF I go to jail. I go to jail. I couldnt care less.

Id rather be judged by 12 Not carried by 6.

I'm very prone to typos on my black berry. So kick bricks.

-Warning - rule violation -

.45ACPaddy

imported post

I most certainly hope the anger reflected here is not reflected in how you conduct yourself on a daily basis.

That said, letters are effective. Conversations are effective if the person is willing to listen. This is one (naive, closed minded and overzealous) employee causing a problem, while the vast majority of employees do not. A simple email or phone call will straighten it out. Either they'll change their behavior or Starbucks will stop employing them, especially after having come out in the news and stated that they simply go to federal, state and local laws regarding firearms. I'd especially make note in any communications with Starbucks corporate that the employee stated that police aren't even allowed to openly carry their firearms. They'll definitely address the employee, most likely enforcing their public statement, or you won't see that employee there any more.