• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motorcycle OC ride

G

imported post

I started mine up yesterday too.

Started right up.

Getting ready to go for a ride today.

I haven't been out riding since Monday.

:celebrate

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
I have rode mine twice in the last week so much fun even in the cold and the looks you get from people are priceless
The "Tree Huggers" should be thankful, not give you the "look." :shock:

:lol:

Zukirider

imported post

T Vance wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:
I need to install a license plate light. My bike does not have one and i want to make sure everything about the machine is 100% legal to keep an officer from writing me a ticket for an equipment violation after pulling me over for oc'ing.
Any tickets that are given after being pulled over for OCing...those go "bye-bye". Fruit of the poisonous tree.
So long you can prove they didnt know untill your pulled over for lawfull OC

SpringerXDacp

imported post

springerdave wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Zukirider wrote:
I have rode mine twice in the last week so much fun even in the cold and the looks you get from people are priceless

My car gets better mpg than my harley:X.springerdave.

Oh no...it's not supposed to be that way... :D

My truck gets about 6 mpg, so it wouldn't take much of anything to top it, including a semi.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
springerdave wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Zukirider wrote:

My truck gets about 6 mpg, so it wouldn't take much of anything to top it, including a semi.
I average about 6.4 to 6.5 mpg in mine, driving at 62 mph. That's lugging around an average load of 36,000 pounds, for an average total of around 71,000 lbs. Does that make you feel better?:lol:

G

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

Release the parking brake. Doh!!!:)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
springerdave wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Zukirider wrote:

I average about 6.4 to 6.5 mpg in mine, driving at 62 mph. That's lugging around an average load of 36,000 pounds, for an average total of around 71,000 lbs. Does that make you feel better?:lol:
Seems to be about the same in my case.... :?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

Release the parking brake. Doh!!!:)
Iwondered whyI've been having fishtailing issues on slippery overpasses for the last 24 years.

RandyK

imported post

Wow, Im glad I found this thread while looking out the window watching it rain and not riding. I am definitley in! This was something I was thinking about trying to put together in the near future but it looks like you guys have a good start. The date looks good so far, keep me posted of more details and changes. If I can help in any way let me know.

EM87

imported post

I haven't seen this thread in a while but I'm glad it popped up. It reminded me that we need to come up with a plan for the ride!

The suggested dates were June 5 or 6. I remember reading somewhere that it might be a good idea to have an east side ride and a west side ride, both of which would meet at Cabman's place in Jackson at a predetermined time for an end-of-ride cookout.

Let's get this thing moving!

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Hey guys, next time you talk to your rep, ask them if it would be possible to lose the law that says you have to ride with your hi beams on. That doesnt make you more visible, it makes people look away from you, or put their hand up to block you out. If youre behind me, Ill gradually slow down until you pass just to get your lights out of the mirror. Thanks.