• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil Disobedience as an Awareness Raising Technique?

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Thanks, you're close. Actually I was commenting on cracker-talk.

I'm wonderful too and have posted such links to my past life as exist and that I can. I lived thirty years in the South and kin tell a cracker talkin' when I hears it.
Doug, If you think I'm talking bullshit then you are an idiot. I'm certainly not going to provide the forum with links to a trial that will share my personal ID with the world.

Say what you mean when you talk to me in the future, OK? I appreciate straight talk and no innuendo.

Aaron, I'm not asking anyone to become a criminal, but if someday it takes criminal activity to get what we want, why can't it be discussed like any other topic.

AaronS

imported post

All I can tell you Spartacus is that CC is not legal in Wisconsin. I do my best to follow the laws of this state. If you and I were in the same place, and I found out that you were concealing a gun on your person, I would think about calling the police on you. I do not trust people that carry guns hidden from view (when we have laws against it). You are a criminal,and it is that simple for me.

Landose_theghost

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
Thanks, you're close. Actually I was commenting on cracker-talk.

I'm wonderful too and have posted such links to my past life as exist and that I can. I lived thirty years in the South and kin tell a cracker talkin' when I hears it.
Doug, If you think I'm talking bull@#$% then you are an idiot. I'm certainly not going to provide the forum with links to a trial that will share my personal ID with the world.

Say what you mean when you talk to me in the future, OK? I appreciate straight talk and no innuendo.

Aaron, I'm not asking anyone to become a criminal, but if someday it takes criminal activity to get what we want, why can't it be discussed like any other topic.
I concur, I mean afterall,our founding fathers were considered "criminals" for their actions in 1776.

M

McX

imported post

current verifiable quotable information i could find on cc in wisconsin. i am not opening this topic up for discussion on the forum, as we are open carry advocates here. this is just what i could find quickly on the net:
Wisconsin`s 130-Year-Old Ban on Carry-Conceal Gets Court Change

A state Supreme Court decision allowing home owners and business owners to carry concealed weapons on their property has re-ignited a movement to relax Wisconsin`s 130-year-old ban on carrying concealed weapons. "Basically, the Supreme Court has stated that with Wisconsin`s Right to Keep and Bear Arms constitutional amendment, the Legislature should look at creating a permitting system for individuals to carry a concealed weapon," Rep. Scott Gunderson, a Republican representing communities in the state`s southeastern corner.

Read About It: http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200307\POL200

POSTED: Monday, July 21, 2003 source; nra site

M

McX

imported post

i tried the link, and it's as dead as my post and the topic of cc.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
I concur, I mean afterall,our founding fathers were considered "criminals" for their actions in 1776.
Thanks for that Landose. Not that I am advocating rebellion but rather peaceful forms of resistance that effectively get our point across to the powers that be.

McX, I don't know why you crapped up this thread with an old CC link from 2003, but since you are the one that called me a troll I can only expect the worst from you.

Landose_theghost

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
Landose_theghost wrote:
Thanks for that Landose. Not that I am advocating rebellion but rather peaceful forms of resistance that effectively get our point across to the powers that be.

McX, I don't know why you crapped up this thread with an old CC link from 2003, but since you are the one that called me a troll I can only expect the worst from you.
Indeed.

M

McX

imported post

i simply responded to a question regarding the laws on cc. i sounded the alarm, as one of the threads was being used by a troll, you can seek and follow the interaction there if you desire. i appologise if you thought it was you. i will avoid you if that is what you desire.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

McX wrote:
i simply responded to a question regarding the laws on cc. i sounded the alarm, as one of the threads was being used by a troll, you can seek and follow the interaction there if you desire. i appologise if you thought it was you. i will avoid you if that is what you desire.
No need to avoid me but stay on point whether you agree with me or not.

This is a large room filled with the best gentlemen of good will and we need to respect each others opinions and choices accordingly.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

AaronS wrote:
All I can tell you Spartacus is that CC is not legal in Wisconsin. I do my best to follow the laws of this state. If you and I were in the same place, and I found out that you were concealing a gun on your person, I would think about calling the police on you. I do not trust people that carry guns hidden from view (when we have laws against it). You are a criminal,and it is that simple for me.

CCW is a victimless crime. I realize that you merely said you would think about turning someone in.

In my opinion, actually turning someone in for CC is a chickenshit move. It is a serious and personal decision to carry concealed. If you are not carrying to defend your life and the life of your loved ones, then you are only carrying for show. At times it is necessary to carry concealed if you wish to remain armed. The conflict arises in the fact that it is often necessary to disarm in order to conform to State Statutes. Every time you place your firearm unloaded in its case, you make yourself an easier victim. We all know that the act of concealing a firearm is illegal in Wisconsin. Do it in a GFSZ while driving through in your car and youhave committed a felony.

There should be no discernment in the law for carrying Openly or Concealed forany lawful purpose including hunting and self defense and this is the fight we face.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
I have already stated that I CC when I don't OC partly for self-defense and partly as an act of civil disobedience in opposition to unconstitutional law.

Will there ever be a point in time where members here would meet up for an organized act of civil disobedience in order to gain media attention even when faced with the possibility of arrest and fines?

We OC in part to raise public awareness but perhaps we should risk more if we truly believe in this just cause.

How long will we allow this foolishness to drag on before we actually make a stand?

When I was standing in front of the Green Bay City Council last year speaking out in opposition of proposed gun ban legislation, one anti-gun Council member asked me why we did not carry into prohibited areas if we were trying to make a point. I didn't even have to answer the question as another Council Member answered it for me. The answer was to the effect that : "We are law abiding adults who are trying to exercise our rights within the law and not be criminals by breaking the law".

We are in a warof public opinion. Bad publicity is bad. Being cast as criminals can only hurt our cause. There is nothing to be gained by deliberately breaking the law in front of cameras.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
This board is monitored by those who wish to further infringe on our right to bear arms and who are eager to discredit us. Talking about criminal activity is a quick way to further loose credibility.Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of public opinion..;)

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of public opinion.
Anything we say will be used against us by the media.

There are three standards of proof associated with the presumption of innocence. In criminal court, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. In civil court one may be required to prove ones innocence by the preponderance of the evidence. In the court of public opinion, where we play, the bad guys are damned on my(our) say so.

It's interesting that an newby/wannabe/troll has driven IK and me to agreement.

protias

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of public opinion.
Anything we say will be used against us by the media.

There are three standards of proof associated with the presumption of innocence. In criminal court, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. In civil court one may be required to prove ones innocence by the preponderance of the evidence. In the court of public opinion, where we play, the bad guys are damned on my(our) say so.

It's interesting that an newby/wannabe/troll has driven IK and me to agreement.
Crap! I think hell has frozen over. :p

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Thank you. You may have hit this hard headed nail hard enough to drive me to a solid point.

If we are a 'united front' then we are lemmings following our president, right or wrong. We are then just following the point-man, all into the same ambush.

I'll be glad to walk sweep, to watch for the missed sign and the road less traveled. When y'all are ambushed on the well worn trail, then I'll be off to the right flank and ready to clean up. I'll weep for the KIA and call for dust-off and BUFF.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Thank you. You may have hit this hard headed nail hard enough to drive me to a solid point.

If we are a 'united front' then we are lemmings following our president, right or wrong. We are then just following the point-man, all into the same ambush.

Unity does not require lack of diversity....;)