Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: FOIA for Battle Creek

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Macomb County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    We need to get to the bottom of the illegal actions of these officers. I have an idea as to whom to contact that might take our case as well as Lansing.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    119

    Post imported post

    have you been drinking? your sluring your text :P

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Macomb County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    UCWT wrote:
    have you been drinking? your sluring your text :P
    Thanks for pointing it out :P cell phone keying sucks.

  4. #4
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    what is the cost for the battle creek FOIA?

    i am more concerned about battle creek than i am about lansing,as i feel lansing was simply un(der) trained on OC and they have been a kiss-a** to us since,knowing and admitting they were in the wrong,and are doing well to make up for they're mistakes. whereas battle creek....i dont even want to say my views on them
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    338

    Post imported post

    Guys,

    For these of us who are not familiar, could you explain the issue(s) related to Battle Creek PD. Link may be?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    23

    Post imported post

    sasha601 wrote:
    Guys,

    For these of us who are not familiar, could you explain the issue(s) related to Battle Creek PD. Link may be?
    Yeah, I don't know about this one either.

    I'm out of the loop. I need to post moar.

  7. #7
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    In Battle Creek the police forced a business to deny us access by coercing them into having a no firearms sign put up for the duration of our visit. They then called another place we were that day and bragged about playing a game on us.

    My gut feeling is the only reason we were not detained is we had the Channel 3 news camera man along for the walk portion.

    They had between 6 and 8 cars involved in following and keeping an eye on us.

    I am also fairly certain that all of the cars parked at the first location had their plates run and person of interest noted on the record as I have been pulled over and given BS reasons 3 times since. Every time I am only pulled over after being followed by the LEO long enough for him to run my plates. Then I am released after he runs my drivers license.

    Every time they use the excuse that my tail lights or brake lights are not working correctly. I have torn the entire taillight assembly out of the car and there is nothing wrong with any of it.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  8. #8
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    This won't go anywhere. I'm not wasting 1 red cent on it.

    FOIA this, FOIA that...then NOTHING....blah

  9. #9
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    autosurgeon wrote:
    I am also fairly certain that all of the cars parked at the first location had their plates run and person of interest noted on the record as I have been pulled over and given BS reasons 3 times since. Every time I am only pulled over after being followed by the LEO long enough for him to run my plates. Then I am released after he runs my drivers license.

    Every time they use the excuse that my tail lights or brake lights are not working correctly. I have torn the entire taillight assembly out of the car and there is nothing wrong with any of it.

    Unlawfully detaining someone is a federal crime.

    It is particularly stupid of them to unlawfully detain a car expert on the grounds of car problems.

    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    338

    Post imported post

    So, is there a way for MOC as an organization to influnce/stop Battle Creek PD harassment of these who OC?

    More OC eventsin Battle Creek? Media attention? Request clarification from Police Chief if there any written procedure/policy that officers asked to follow when person OC? Covertly Video/audio record unlawful conduct of officers (if this indeed the case) and bringing a legal action against PD?

    Any other ways for them to realize that it will cost them less grief and/or money to leave people who OC alone rather than continue harassment?

    dougwg wrote:
    This won't go anywhere. I'm not wasting 1 red cent on it.

    FOIA this, FOIA that...then NOTHING....blah

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    338

    Post imported post

    What about Jackson PD? Kimberguy was stopped 6 times. Video shows pretty stupid suff that some officers are saying. Some do not even understand that CPL does not remove our right to OC. Is there enough stuff related to Kimberguy experience on record to pursue legal case against Jackson PD as a whole and against that one officer specifically. Experince shows that only successful court case stops PDs and officers from violating our rights

    sasha601 wrote:
    So, is there a way for MOC as an organization to influnce/stop Battle Creek PD harassment of these who OC?

    More OC eventsin Battle Creek? Media attention? Request clarification from Police Chief if there any written procedure/policy that officers asked to follow when person OC? Covertly Video/audio record unlawful conduct of officers (if this indeed the case) and bringing a legal action against PD?

    Any other ways for them to realize that it will cost them less grief and/or money to leave people who OC alone rather than continue harassment?

    dougwg wrote:
    This won't go anywhere. I'm not wasting 1 red cent on it.

    FOIA this, FOIA that...then NOTHING....blah

  12. #12
    Regular Member CrossPistols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mundy Twp. Charter Member, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    Since we are on this topic, I'd like to know why all OC'ers at the BC meet did not go into the restaurant anyways!

    Correct me If I'm wrong but from what I recall there is no law against ignoring the sign!, sure they (Management/Police) may have asked you all to leave but then at least the Restaurant owner would physically see how much Money he was loosing.

    Kinda like a Patron Protest. :celebrate

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    396

    Post imported post

    CrossPistols wrote:
    Since we are on this topic, I'd like to know why all OC'ers at the BC meet did not go into the restaurant anyways!

    Correct me If I'm wrong but from what I recall there is no law against ignoring the sign!, sure they (Management/Police) may have asked you all to leave but then at least the Restaurant owner would physically see how much Money he was loosing.

    Kinda like a Patron Protest. :celebrate
    Well, one has to be concerned with the fact that the news was there.

    Additionally, BCPD was, most likely, looking to hit someone with a trespass charge.



  14. #14
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    thinking about it,i could have went into mongolian bbq once we came upon the sign to inquire about it,as i was not carrying.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    S E Michgan all mine, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post

    CrossPistols wrote:
    Since we are on this topic, I'd like to know why all OC'ers at the BC meet did not go into the restaurant anyways!

    Correct me If I'm wrong but from what I recall there is no law against ignoring the sign!, sure they (Management/Police) may have asked you all to leave but then at least the Restaurant owner would physically see how much Money he was loosing.

    Kinda like a Patron Protest. :celebrate
    +1

  16. #16
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,446

    Post imported post

    Phoenixphire wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:
    Since we are on this topic, I'd like to know why all OC'ers at the BC meet did not go into the restaurant anyways!

    Correct me If I'm wrong but from what I recall there is no law against ignoring the sign!, sure they (Management/Police) may have asked you all to leave but then at least the Restaurant owner would physically see how much Money he was loosing.

    Kinda like a Patron Protest. :celebrate
    Well, one has to be concerned with the fact that the news was there.

    Additionally, BCPD was, most likely, looking to hit someone with a trespass charge.

    Depends, if the group would have talked to the owner and said we have 15 people at $10 each, do you give us permission to be here...then no trespass.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •