• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FOIA for Battle Creek

lil_freak_66

imported post

what is the cost for the battle creek FOIA?

i am more concerned about battle creek than i am about lansing,as i feel lansing was simply un(der) trained on OC and they have been a kiss-a** to us since,knowing and admitting they were in the wrong,and are doing well to make up for they're mistakes. whereas battle creek....i dont even want to say my views on them

Wiz

imported post

sasha601 wrote:
Guys,

For these of us who are not familiar, could you explain the issue(s) related to Battle Creek PD. Link may be?
Yeah, I don't know about this one either.

I'm out of the loop. I need to post moar.

autosurgeon

imported post

In Battle Creek the police forced a business to deny us access by coercing them into having a no firearms sign put up for the duration of our visit. They then called another place we were that day and bragged about playing a game on us.

My gut feeling is the only reason we were not detained is we had the Channel 3 news camera man along for the walk portion.

They had between 6 and 8 cars involved in following and keeping an eye on us.

I am also fairly certain that all of the cars parked at the first location had their plates run and person of interest noted on the record as I have been pulled over and given BS reasons 3 times since. Every time I am only pulled over after being followed by the LEO long enough for him to run my plates. Then I am released after he runs my drivers license.

Every time they use the excuse that my tail lights or brake lights are not working correctly. I have torn the entire taillight assembly out of the car and there is nothing wrong with any of it.

Michigander

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I am also fairly certain that all of the cars parked at the first location had their plates run and person of interest noted on the record as I have been pulled over and given BS reasons 3 times since. Every time I am only pulled over after being followed by the LEO long enough for him to run my plates. Then I am released after he runs my drivers license.

Every time they use the excuse that my tail lights or brake lights are not working correctly. I have torn the entire taillight assembly out of the car and there is nothing wrong with any of it.

Unlawfully detaining someone is a federal crime. :uhoh:

It is particularly stupid of them to unlawfully detain a car expert on the grounds of car problems.

sasha601

imported post

So, is there a way for MOC as an organization to influnce/stop Battle Creek PD harassment of these who OC?

More OC eventsin Battle Creek? Media attention? Request clarification from Police Chief if there any written procedure/policy that officers asked to follow when person OC? Covertly Video/audio record unlawful conduct of officers (if this indeed the case) and bringing a legal action against PD?

Any other ways for them to realize that it will cost them less grief and/or money to leave people who OC alone rather than continue harassment?

dougwg wrote:
This won't go anywhere. I'm not wasting 1 red cent on it.

FOIA this, FOIA that...then NOTHING....blah

sasha601

imported post

What about Jackson PD? Kimberguy was stopped 6 times. Video shows pretty stupid suff that some officers are saying. Some do not even understand that CPL does not remove our right to OC. Is there enough stuff related to Kimberguy experience on record to pursue legal case against Jackson PD as a whole and against that one officer specifically. Experince shows that only successful court case stops PDs and officers from violating our rights

sasha601 wrote:
So, is there a way for MOC as an organization to influnce/stop Battle Creek PD harassment of these who OC?

More OC eventsin Battle Creek? Media attention? Request clarification from Police Chief if there any written procedure/policy that officers asked to follow when person OC? Covertly Video/audio record unlawful conduct of officers (if this indeed the case) and bringing a legal action against PD?

Any other ways for them to realize that it will cost them less grief and/or money to leave people who OC alone rather than continue harassment?

dougwg wrote:
This won't go anywhere. I'm not wasting 1 red cent on it.

FOIA this, FOIA that...then NOTHING....blah

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Since we are on this topic, I'd like to know why all OC'ers at the BC meet did not go into the restaurant anyways!

Correct me If I'm wrong but from what I recall there is no law against ignoring the sign!, sure they (Management/Police) may have asked you all to leave but then at least the Restaurant owner would physically see how much Money he was loosing.

Kinda like a Patron Protest. :celebrate

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
Since we are on this topic, I'd like to know why all OC'ers at the BC meet did not go into the restaurant anyways!

Correct me If I'm wrong but from what I recall there is no law against ignoring the sign!, sure they (Management/Police) may have asked you all to leave but then at least the Restaurant owner would physically see how much Money he was loosing.

Well, one has to be concerned with the fact that the news was there.

Additionally, BCPD was, most likely, looking to hit someone with a trespass charge.

lil_freak_66

imported post

thinking about it,i could have went into mongolian bbq once we came upon the sign to inquire about it,as i was not carrying.

taxwhat

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:

+1

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:

Well, one has to be concerned with the fact that the news was there.

Additionally, BCPD was, most likely, looking to hit someone with a trespass charge.
Depends, if the group would have talked to the owner and said we have 15 people at $10 each, do you give us permission to be here...then no trespass.