• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Trooper harasses law-abiding Open-Carrier. Demonstration this Sunday

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Hi Nomad. Besides monitoring the forum, announcements were also made to all Wisconsin Carry Members.

You can join Wisconsin Carry at www.wisconsincarry.org

Membership is $15 a year.

If the cost is prohibitive for you right now, you can follow Wisconsin Carry and any announcements via twitter:

www.twitter.com/wisconsincarry

You can also follow us on facebook. Search Wisconsin carry and request to be added.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
RussP wrote:
Was there any interaction with law enforcement today?

Yes, while we were out in front of the State Patrol Headquarters a cop in an unmarked car drove by and sounded his distress horn in approval... Which drew laughs, smiles, and waves from all of us.
What about the cop that was standing in the crowd with us? I shook his hand and chatted with him a bit, though he was not too talkative.

scorpio_vette

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
RussP wrote:

Yes, while we were out in front of the State Patrol Headquarters a cop in an unmarked car drove by and sounded his distress horn in approval... Which drew laughs, smiles, and waves from all of us.
What about the cop that was standing in the crowd with us? I shook his hand and chatted with him a bit, though he was not too talkative.

WHAT/WHEN/WHERE was this??? you for real??? anybody get a picture???

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Nomad wrote:
This story just hit my radar. I'm really mad that I didn't hear about it sooner! I live near Sussex, and I totally would have been there! Is there some sort of email list that I can be put on that notifies all WI OCDO members of events like this? If there is not such a list, would there be any interest in creating one?
maybe WIS Carry, Inc. could do an email alert to all it's members, when something important is going on or being planned.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
RussP wrote:

I was going to start a thread, 'There was a cop amongst us - Can you guess which one he/she was?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
RussP wrote:

I was going to start a thread, 'There was a cop amongst us - Can you guess which one he/she was?

seriously ? :shock:

protias

imported post

The Nomad wrote:
This story just hit my radar. I'm really mad that I didn't hear about it sooner! I live near Sussex, and I totally would have been there! Is there some sort of email list that I can be put on that notifies all WI OCDO members of events like this? If there is not such a list, would there be any interest in creating one?
There is no official way to keep track of our meetings, but as others have said, join the Wisconsin Carry facebook group and monitor the WI section here. Let me know if you want to hang out. :)

protias

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
RussP wrote:

When did this happen? :what:

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

protias wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Our group suspected an un-uniformed LE was in our midst. Suspicion fell on a person of color named Rodney whom nobody seemed to know, was not at Starbucks and talked to no one.

Just sayin'...

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
The Nomad wrote:
maybe WIS Carry, Inc. could do an email alert to all it's members, when something important is going on or being planned.
I believe we sent an email alert to all members

scorpio_vette

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
protias wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Our group suspected an un-uniformed LE was in our midst. Suspicion fell on a person of color named Rodney whom nobody seemed to know, was not at Starbucks and talked to no one.

Just sayin'...

HOLLY CRAP..............this guy???
23831_315855039498_655129498_3559472_6298850_n.jpg

I noticed him and kinda watched him on and off a bit cuz he just sort of appeared out of nowhere. something just seemed "different" about him. guess my spider sense were right again. i should really learn to trust those senses more.

scorpio_vette

imported post

so did any of the guys that either talked to Rodney or suspected him bother getting any information???

wonder if he was an honest supporter who wanted to support us and perhaps join, or if he was send to "blend in and infiltrate" incase we acted up and they needed a LEO on hand.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Gentlemen... Lets not get carried away. Rodney is a verified Wisconsin Carry member. I didn't ask what he did for a living. I did talk to him, and he said he was a member. I assumed that was correct.

He may or may not be a cop, I don't remember asking him that, but I can assure you he is a Wisconsin Carry Member. He even contributed far and above more than the basic member dues.

When I went to talk to him, he introduced himself and as we were chatting he told me where he lived.

Today I checked the member roster after reading this thread. He's exactly who he told me he was.

He's one of us!

I was exceptionally pleased that we had such a diverse group. It appears the right to carry and be secure in your person is not exclusive to white-guys alone, but men, women, old, young, white, black, hispanic, etc.

Carry on...

scorpio_vette

imported post

Gentlemen... Lets not get carried away. Rodney is a verified Wisconsin Carry member. I didn't ask what he did for a living. I did talk to him, and he said he was a member. I assumed that was correct.

He may or may not be a cop, I don't remember asking him that, but I can assure you he is a Wisconsin Carry Member. He even contributed far and above more than the basic member dues.

Today I checked the member roster after reading this thread.

He's one of us!

that's cool. sorry wasn't trying to sound to horrible. i was just seriously curious. after all there are good honest cops out there, but you never hear about them because it's only the bad ones that get mentioned and talked about. so i was honestly curious if there was truly a cop, whether he was on our side, or blending in.

didn't mean any offense.

scorpio_vette

imported post

I was exceptionally pleased that we had such a diverse group. It appears the right to carry and be secure in your person is not exclusive to white-guys alone, but men, women, old, young, white, black, hispanic, tattooed, pierced, etc.

Carry on...

i had to add that in there. I know very well that it was on the mind of some people there, and/or probably still is. I've heard it all before and take no offense to it. but i believe in a small part does play a role. because we don't want people to start thinking that only well dressed, non-tattooed people are law abiding citizens.

remember the "gang banger thread"??? sunday some of you got to see and meet me in person. and i have had people in the past tell me to my face that they would look at me as "one of those gang bangers" if they didn't get to know me through some mutual interest first.

personally i really enjoyed myself there, met some good people, had some good laughs with the ones i met, and felt relaxed and welcome all the way around. hope to get to meet you guys more and get to know you better in the future.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Scorpio, I had the suspicion that we would be closely survaled from afare or there would be a LEO pose as an OC Rally particapant. The man in question was very confident in his body language. I and Hardballer spoke to him seperately. Each of us initiated the conversation. He wasnot very talkative.

Hestated hisname was Rodney and was from Milwaukee. He was not at Starbucks nor ChinaWok.

It is just a suspicion. In the pictureabove, he is standing to the right of anotherman from Milwaukee. Maybe they know each other. Maybe he was justan OC Supporter. I hope so. I wanted to tellhim, next time, bring some friends withhim.

scorpio_vette

imported post

in that last picture i posted above, who is the tall skinny white guy with the white dress suit shirt or whatever you call that??? i heard he had some cop issues somewhere in the past and would like to read up on that.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
in that last picture i posted above, who is the tall skinny white guy with the white dress suit shirt or whatever you call that??? i heard he had some cop issues somewhere in the past and would like to read up on that.

He is on Youtube, with his arm in a sling. He had an issue at Grand Avenue Mall in Milwaukee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hJ9dzgvAkI