• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd A. march

ISRAEL

imported post

Hola!!!!!, Israel is here! , How about the 2nd. A. march on the 19 of April? are going to do anything? Please advise A.S.A.P. Please keep in touch. Israel.

AK47hero

imported post

OCing down in boise sounds good, park to the capitol. itried to get a few friends together for it but nobody was interested. the 2a site is looking for a coordinatorin idaho, more people might show up if we have one. i would still like to do something even if it was with a small group.

ISRAEL

imported post

Well you can count on me, tell me do I know you?, do you come to our meetings? if you do tell me who you are, I am bad with names but faces I am good (I think). Israel.

ecocks

imported post

I am also more than willing to go. This time, there's enough time to shift the schedule a little bit.

Ed

AK47hero

imported post

we never met and havent been to a meeting. sounds like we may have atleast 3 people going to march.

ISRAEL

imported post

It has been a silence about the march, I was wandering if we can make it on the 17 instead of the 19, the 17 is saturday and maybe people from the north and east of Idaho can come and join us, to me saturday will be best, what do you think ?, Maybe you can organize it, and hoping the O.C. of Boise can attend, it is getting close and we need to make some "propaganda" about it, well tel me what do you think.

Israel.:celebrate

AK47hero

imported post

17th sounds good. we should put up some flyers (julia davis april 17th) we have to make this concrete. i can post in nampa

ecocks

imported post

Guys, just an FYI here.

This is a national protest acton. You can, of course, do whatever you wish on any day you wish, but the original call for the 2A "protest march" was to focus national media attention on the numbers who believe the 2nd Amendment has been infringed. The organizers have been unlucky in several states where they don't have sufficient organizational structure tosetup and coordinate the event.

It's a shame but this is why we're trying to get more organized to support actions in support of the 2A (the 1A, 10A, 5A, etc.). Ironically, it is more difficult in "gun-friendly" states to organize these things than in locations where the right has already been "infringed" due to lack of vigilance by the citizens who didn't want to be bothered by "protesting" when they had nothing to worry about. Simply, we are trying to organize in Idaho, but the biggest problem is getting people to believe it could happen here like it did in MA, NY, NJ, VA, WI, Chicago, D.C., NYC.....the list goes on of places that never believed it could happen to them.

Scary if you think about that for a few minutes....

AK47hero

imported post

DATE CHANGE--we should stick with the original date april 19th. birthday of the American Revolution

At dawn on April 19 1775 about 70 armed Massachusetts militiamen stand face to face on Lexington Green with the British advance guard. An unordered 'shot heard around the world' begins the American Revolution. A volley of British muskets followed by a charge with bayonets leaves eight Americans dead and ten wounded. The British regroup and head for the depot in Concord, destroying the colonists' weapons and supplies. At the North Bridge in Concord, a British platoon is attacked by militiamen, with 14 casualties.

British forces then begin a long retreat from Lexington back to Boston and are harassed and shot at all along the way by farmers and rebels and suffer over 250 casualties. News of the events at Lexington and Concord spreads like wildfire throughout the Colonies.

ecocks

imported post

It looks doubtful that the march per se will take place in Boise due to a general lack of energy and enthusiasm for the concept.

I suggest we at least get a dozen or so together and visit one of the downtown Starbucks or maybe one of the gun-friendly restaurants for lunch. This seems much more realistic in terms of getting it together and and still makes a point of celebrating an important date in our country's history as well as the evolution of our gun culture.

ISRAEL

imported post

How about Los Betos in Meridian, across the street from Saint Luke Hospital? Dinner will be better (I think) or maybe you already have a place in particular? I am ready., you look for the place and time. let us know. we can call the news papers and tvs. stations , maybe some flyers, etc. or maybe I am draming to high?.

I want to know how is the person with the 2 kids and wearing a military holster, he is avery nice person I have never seen him at the monthly meetings, the same at the many young boys ang girl that came to our shooting.

Can somebody invite the cowboy shooting club, they may joing our group, what do you think ? Israel

ecocks

imported post

Los Betos works for me. Anyone else feel strongly about any other places?

And David, if you know those cowboy guys, you should invite them! I would love to meet them and see some of their events.

That gentleman with the holster and two kids was Scott, Jon's neighbor. Great guy and we hope he will be joining us more in the future.

John Wolver

imported post

ill try and drag scott out more, and as always invite more people to attend when you can, i have given out many cards to get more people in. Everyone else do the same.

AK47hero

imported post

i have a few people from We Are Change Idaho on facebook interested in going on april 19th