Thread: Comprehensive laws and policies for Virginia?

Post imported post

Hey all,

I'm trying to quickly put together a comprehensive list of the open carry laws for Virginia and several other states to have all in one place. I'm hoping to have the statutes and actual law, not merely a summary (although I'll take what I can get). If you could copy and paste them here, I would really appreciate it. Sources would be appreciated. By the way, I'm looking specifically for information regarding those of us who don't have a recognized concealed permit and wish to open carry.
    If you can help me with more detailed information, I'd appreciate it.

What is opencarry.com's rating for this state?

Is open carry allowed? Source?

Is a permit required to open carry? Source?

What areas are prohibited to open carry? Source?

Minimum age to open carry? Source?

Acceptable forms of open carry? (loaded, unloaded, empty chamber, restrictions on different types of firearms, etc). Help me define terms as needed.

Special notes: Anything that is worth knowing that isn't covered above. Comprehensive laws and policies for Alaska

Thanks!

Post imported post

hibby76 wrote:
    Hey all,

I'm trying to quickly put together a comprehensive list of the open carry laws for Virginia and several other states to have all in one place. I'm hoping to have the statutes and actual law, not merely a summary (although I'll take what I can get). If you could copy and paste them here, I would really appreciate it. Sources would be appreciated. By the way, I'm looking specifically for information regarding those of us who don't have a recognized concealed permit and wish to open carry.

Acceptable forms of open carry? (loaded, unloaded, empty chamber, restrictions on different types of firearms, etc). Help me define terms as needed.

Special notes: Anything that is worth knowing that isn't covered above. Comprehensive laws and policies for Alaska

Thanks!
    How will this information be used, and will you be charging or profiting from access to it?

Post imported post

I'm helping out a friend of mine put together a little open carry guide.

Post imported post

hibby76 wrote:
    Hey all,

Thanks!
    I'm really confused as to why you would ask someone else to tell you what opencarry.com says about a state. You found this web page alright, it seems, can't you go to opencarry.com and read the information there as well?

I'm just saying...

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    I'm really confused as to why you would ask someone else to tell you what opencarry.com says about a state. You found this web page alright, it seems, can't you go to opencarry.com and read the information there as well?

I'm just saying...

TFred
    do you mean http://www.handgunlaw.us/ ?

Post imported post

VaLiberty wrote:
    TFred wrote:

I'm just saying...

TFred
    No, the poster asked: "What is opencarry.com's rating for this state?"

They can go read opencarry.com just as easily as anyone else can, no?

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    VaLiberty wrote:
    TFred wrote:

I'm just saying...

TFred
    No, the poster asked: "What is opencarry.com's rating for this state?"

They can go read opencarry.com just as easily as anyone else can, no?

TFred
    opencarry.com is an alias for opencarry.org

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

hibby76 wrote:
    Hey all,

I'm trying to quickly put together a comprehensive list of the open carry laws for Virginia

I can help you with this one.

Here is a list of all open carry laws in Virginia:

1)

That is all.

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Actually, there is an "open carry law" for Virginia. Here it is:

Constitution of Virginia, Article I, Section 13:

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.