• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Open Carry

dustin.vallee88

imported post

Did my first open carry today at the Lakewood Walmart. Usually CC with my Glock 23 in a shoulder holster but today I finally decided to take mycoat off. I was a little nervous at first but after a few min. I realized nobody was gonna friek out and start screaming lol. Got a few looks and the lady in electronics that I asked for help about an audio cord was very quick to answer my question and get the heck outta dodge....you could tell she was really nervous even though I had my wife and daughter with me and was very polite. Overall a really good experience and will be OCing more frequently now. :D

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Congrats on joining us in the great world of open carry.
You'll find the more you open carry the less nervous you are and the less nervous you are the more comfortable people are around you while open carrying. But there will always be the hoplophobe and they are usually fairly easy ignore.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Just be careful of front end jackassery if you use self checkout. Some guy tried telling me firearms were banned in the store and I couldn't carry, especially since he wasn't allowed to as an employee. I spoke with the manager who didn't seem to care at all.

I spoke with someone on the phone and they said policy is to follow state law.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile;id=53

That's a download link to a text file containing Wal-Mart contacts.

If they give you any crap, ask for a manager. If they don't help, call the security chief.