• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Keep hitting this NEW Wash Post poll on repeal of restaurant concealed carry ban!

Shovelhead

imported post

Currently 54% Yes......46% No :celebrate

244741-SIEGBTQSXT43QV961W1GIS1M8T9096&crt=4&rspid=65105667

hunter45

imported post

ed wrote:
I have been hitting it each minute since the ALERT.. are you guys doin the same?

That's a waste of time considering it only allows you to vote one time per computer. :p

I voted from my MacBook and my iPhone.

Dreamer

imported post

Funny thing about the comments on that poll is that a LOT of the really ANTI comments are from people in MD. People, who, apparently HAVE NO CLUE as to what their own State Laws are. In MD, if you have a permit, it has been legal to carry (concealed OR open) in a bar or restaurant for YEARS... :cuss:

And we all know about those types of "gun nuts" in MD that have permits--radical right-wing folks like Senator Barbara Mikulski, and the like. :banghead:

Political elitism is a mental illness, and it has reached pandemic proportions in MD and DC.

I say we quarantine those areas, and just seal them up in a big, inflatable Kevlar bubble, and let them sort it out amongst themselves...

BTW, the poll is now 60/40 in our favor...:celebrate

hunter45

imported post

NBC4 news at 5pm just did a pretty bad job covering the bills that were passed...
They said a bill passed that will allow Virginians to carry guns in bars. We can already carry guns in bars.
Then they said a bill also passed that will allow Virginians to buy more than one gun a month. We can already buy more than one gun a month.

TFred

imported post

The poll just crossed over the 20,000 vote threshold and we've got a good 3-1 margin. Of course the authors will just say we stuffed the poll, and discount any significant meaning.

Such is the life of an ostrich with its head in the sand.

TFred

vt800c

imported post

244741-SIEGBTQSXT43QV961W1GIS1M8T9096&crt=4&rspid=65364922

How about asking if we believe that people WITHOUT GUNS should be allowed in restarunts? It makes the same amount of sense!