Thread: Flap holsters for OC in California?

Post imported post

Hello,

I am new to the subject and the forum, and I was wondering if I could openly carry a Makarov, for example, or a Walther P-1 in the original military flap holster which completely covers the gun. Does this still fall under "open carry" since the holster is openly worn on a belt, or is this considered to be a concealed gun, since you can't see it inside the holster?

Thanks.

Schtirlitz

Post imported post

I'd like to see a picture with the flap down. Showing a pic with the flap open gives no clue as to how it would look if the flap was down.

I don't think it would be considered concealed with the flap down, but then I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Post imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    I'd like to see a picture with the flap down. Showing a pic with the flap open gives no clue as to how it would look if the flap was down.

I don't think it would be considered concealed with the flap down, but then I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
    Kinda like playing LEO Roulette, huh?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Even with the flap down ( I have a holster similar to this) The average person will look at it and say it was a firearm.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Don't be too sure...the "average person" isn't very bright. And on top of thatyou have the average cop, the average DA and the average judge.

-- John D.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)