• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My surgery rescheduled

DEROS72

imported post

Just wanted to let you allknow my surgery was postphoned.To have a major surgery like that one has to see a hospital dentist.They found a minor infection in a wisdom toothe and I have to go to the hospital at 3pm thursday to have my last wisdom toothe extracted(which I should have done thirty five years ago).Anyway the protocal is to have that done at the hospital since I'm such a border line heart patient.So the main heart surgery will be reshceduled for monday or tuesday of next week.They do this, since it is such an invasive proceedure there can be no risk of infection anywhere.I will update you when the give me a new confirmed time.Thank you all for the support you guys have given me and to Squeak and Bookman that make sure I get to these appts. Jim

DaemonForce

imported post

I hate this crap. I have two bad second molars and they make it impossible to eat without pain. I worked myself like a dog in order to get that way. I found that 50% of the problem is related to stress. Don't do that.

I'm going to schedule to get my teeth pulled soon. I know it's going to hurt like hell too. :shock:

Dave Workman

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Just wanted to let you allknow my surgery was postphoned.To have a major surgery like that one has to see a hospital dentist.They found a minor infection in a wisdom toothe and I have to go to the hospital at 3pm thursday to have my last wisdom toothe extracted(which I should have done thirty five years ago).Anyway the protocal is to have that done at the hospital since I'm such a border line heart patient.So the main heart surgery will be reshceduled for monday or tuesday of next week.They do this, since it is such an invasive proceedure there can be no risk of infection anywhere.I will update you when the give me a new confirmed time.Thank you all for the support you guys have given me and to Squeak and Bookman that make sure I get to these appts. Jim

Wisdom tooth? Lessee here.

"Wisdom." Kind of in short supply in these parts.

"Tooth." Seems to me SAF and NRA just sunka setof those in Greg Nickels' ass, with your kind support IIRC, but I may be mistaken.

I think the hospital just wants to steal one of your teeth. They're so pretty.

;)

I will think good thoughts about you around the campfire.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks so much you guys.I'll tell you ,your support really helps me deal with all this...

Dave Workman

imported post

I think we ought to stage a DEROS barbecue in the recovery room.

I will once again do the cooking.

The smell of burned dogs and burgers will wake Jim up quickly and speed his recovery.

There will be NO dripping of mustard or relish on his sheets and gown.

PARTY !!!!!!!!

:celebrate:lol::uhoh::celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
I think we ought to stage a DEROS barbecue in the recovery room. I will once again do the cooking.

Can we cook a Bacon Explosion ?
http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

bacon-11.jpg

DEROS72

imported post

Works for me guys.The safeway store manager is already set to smuggle me in some chocolate cake from the bakery...

Dave Workman

imported post

Oh, yeah, just the thing for a guy who wakes up from heart surgery!~ :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe you want to throw in a 6-pack of cold Bud to help him wash it down, huh?

And an after-dinner cigar....

And french fries. Don't forget the french fries....

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Oh, yeah, just the thing for a guy who wakes up from heart surgery!~ :lol::lol::lol:

Nobody said he was going to eat it, it just needs to wake him up.....

Dave Workman

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:

Oh, you're a real pal.

DEROS wakes up, we're all standing around smoking cigars, drinking HIS Budweiser and enjoying that grotesque bacon explosion ("coronary on a plate").

And did somebody mention chocolate cake?

We better make damn sure they don't let him have that pistol....

Hey..who's making the arrangements for a live band? Can't have a party without music.

Especially a party in a hospital recovery ward.

It's gonna be a bitch getting the fire department to give us a variance for the barbecue. Anybody got a propane torch?

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:

Oh, you're a real pal.

DEROS wakes up, we're all standing around smoking cigars, drinking HIS Budweiser and enjoying that grotesque bacon explosion ("coronary on a plate").

And did somebody mention chocolate cake?

We better make damn sure they don't let him have that pistol....

Hey..who's making the arrangements for a live band? Can't have a party without music.

Especially a party in a hospital recovery ward.

It's gonna be a bitch getting the fire department to give us a variance for the barbecue. Anybody got a propane torch?
I'll paint my barbecue white, with a big red cross on it. Then it's "medical equipment".:D

DEROS72

imported post

Great idea Bill, Oxygen fire !That will light things up pretty good.

Metalhead47

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
:what::banghead:

Man that's just adding insult to injury.

Dave Workman

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
There's plenty of Oxygen avail, just have to attach it to the burner without the regulator....

Yeah, you can pull the tube from his nostrils and hook it up to my Blasto furnace.

DEROS...we're gonna make you a legend.

Sort of like Bonnie and Clyde.

DEROS72

imported post

You guys are making me nervous!!!! LOL .I just got a call from the cardiologist and they may delay again because of and ear infection.I don't mind telling you all this jumping through hoops and constant delays are making me wonder if its all worth the bother.That doctor doesn't mince words though he said most with my level of heart damage are bed ridden on oxygen or already dead.! much less walk and talk.(13 % IF) .I didn't realize you had to jump through all these hoops to get this done.They are supposed to call me back later today with more info.This is getting ridiculous....In the mean time its alot you guys keeping me going.

By the way Squeak and I carried in the Starbucks near the UW and no one said a word neither did the cute blond dentist that gave me the exam.Squeak was waiting in the office with me and no one said a word.THis in the U district mind you.So far I have OC in all these appt's and no one complained....