Thread: How to find schools

Post imported post

I know that this hasbeen addressed in the past, but I cannot find it on this site and I think that a refresher will be helpful for some of the new guys.

If I am going to a specific address, how do I use Google Earth to determine the distance of schools from that address?

Just to be clear, I can find schools on Google Earth, I just want to know if there is a tool on Google earth that allows me to MEASURE the distance of a school from a specific address?

Post imported post

dont know if this is much help to you, but i use google maps. i put in the address of where im going, then search for "school", then i zoom in until the distance legend at the bottom says "1000ft", then i fold a piece of paper to match that size and measure around the school borders.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

greg36f wrote:
    I know that this has¬*been addressed in the past, but I cannot find it on this site and I think that a refresher will be helpful for some of the new guys.

¬*

If I am going to a specific address, how do I use Google Earth to determine the distance of schools from that address?

Just to be clear, I can find schools on Google Earth, I just want to know if there is a tool on Google earth that allows me to MEASURE the distance of a school from a specific address?
    ¬*
    Use the ruler feature in Google earth to measure the distance from the corners of the school. To keep a map of school zones use the my maps feature in Google maps to draw polygons over the school. I started one a while back here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=
    106314388573367842691.000475709d70ba8d1db4b

I posted it a while back, but it never took off. I'd love to see a solid CA map of school zones. Anybody is welcome to PM me and I'll add them as a collaborator.