• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carried at the Census Road Show

Thundar

imported post

I open carried at the Census Road Show today when it came to Norfolk at lunch time.

The location was the Norfolk Workforce Redevelopment Center, which is preempted and cannot prohibit my entry for open carrying.

The only sour look I got was from Mayor fraim in the parking lot. He definately saw my Sig 229 on my hip.

Here is an article about the Census Road Show:

Census Road Tour stopping in Norfolk, Chesapeake today

By Joanne Kimberlin
The Virginian-Pilot
© February 17, 2010

The 2010 Census Road Tour is scheduled to stop today in Hampton Roads to promote awareness of this year’s count.

Coming to town: a colorful van and trailer rig named “Founders” – in honor of the Founding Fathers, who made it mandatory for the nation to count heads every 10 years.

The public is invited to drop by to learn more about the census and take home some free goodies.

The rig will be in Norfolk from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Workforce Development Center, 201 E. Little Creek Road, and in Chesapeake from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Cuffee Library, 2019 Windy Road.

Link: http://hamptonroads.com/2010/02/census-road-tour-stopping-norfolk-chesapeake-today

BTW, the Census van and trailer wereparked intwo handicapped parking spaces.

ne1

imported post

The closest one to me seems to be coming Friday March 5 from 10:00am - 2:00pm at York Fair Expo Center 332 Carlisle Avenue
York, PA, 17404
http://2010.census.gov/2010census/roadtour/

It is a bit of a drive but maybe I'll find my way there if not otherwise occupied. Would be nice if we had a group to give them something to count, eh?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

When you receive your census remember, the Constitution only requires that you be counted - not to disclose how many flush toilets you own or if you have indoor plumbing or any other such nonsense. All of that is un-Constitutional and therefore does not have to be answered.