Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOC, Inc. - Website Ideas

Post imported post

MOC Members (and even non-members):

Those involved with MOC ITare looking for your input on some website ideas for MOC, Inc. We feel that it is in the best interest of MOC to get our members ideas and even the ideas of non-members. Listed below are some ideas we currently have...

1.) Forum for MOC Members with possible expansion to non-members later on
    2.) Cosmetic Changes to the MOC Website
    3.) Menu Re-design to get to information easier
    4.) Events Calendar (already added) with some other changes and ideas not done yet.
    5.) A Professional Looking MOC Logo for the top of the Web Site
    6.) Membership Management System (including reminders to your email when your membership is about to expire)
    7.) Membership Alerting Email System (1 where you can subscribe and 1 that has the whole membership included). This way you can recieve less critical updates by subscription or Critical Updates via the membership email. Help keep the members informed. Decision as to who could send the email has yet to be decided.
    8.) Create an MOC IT Committee. Those people would take together ideas presented and decide what we want to do or not do. Suggest other ideas, etc.

As we all have different backgrounds here in different areas of industries, etc... its great to hear back from everyone.

We would like to hear about any ideas you have. Even if it includes a small idea to an idea already listed.

Thank You,
    MOC, Inc. IT

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Have you seen the Website that MikeStilly has been working on?

I think we should go with what he has.

Post imported post

This is something that has been discussed. Due to the NDA limitations I cannot sign the document to view his site as it would limit my function at MOC with ideas to provide and things in IT we could implement.

Post imported post

Last edited by T Vance; 09-20-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Post imported post

teamspeak idea is actually in process.

as far as forum... a lot of it as far as access it still un-decided. its still being talked about. but personally, i believe there should be some of each. paying, non-paying, and public in the long term

i like the map idea. nothing is ever too much work :-) we have the ability to do just about anything. some stuff just may take longer then others.

Post imported post

The reason for the paying member first idea is just for during the pilot stage of the forum as I recall. And yes the Teamspeak idea is in the works and will be a great addition.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

What NDA?

MOC INC. NDA or Mikes NDA?

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    What NDA?

MOC INC. NDA or Mikes NDA?
    mike's

Post imported post

Oh WTF....

Did he invent a new internet or something?

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Oh WTF....

Did he invent a new internet or something?

rofl

Post imported post

Well I mean come on...

Did he write the software?

Ego's can be funny... funny indeed.

Post imported post

Will the MOC board be electing/appointing MOD's for the forum to oversee posts?
    And I agree there should be a part of the forum for MOC members only.

Post imported post

I think a discussion forum similar to what we have here at OCDO is needed soon, and as soon as it's up and running MOC needs to keep all postings regarding any MOC business relegated to websites under its control. I think this would go a long way toward alleviating some of the confusion about the relationship between MOC & OCDO.

As it stands right now it is very easy for a new person interested in OC in Michigan to think that the OCDO Michigan page is the official forum for MOC.We need tokeep the MOC stuff on MOC.

JMO,

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Will the MOC board be electing/appointing MOD's for the forum to oversee posts?
    And I agree there should be a part of the forum for MOC members only.
    there would be mod's. process of taking them at this time unknown.

Banned

Post imported post

viperar15 wrote:
    MOC Members (and even non-members):

Those involved with MOC ITare looking for your input on some website ideas for MOC, Inc. We feel that it is in the best interest of MOC to get our members ideas and even the ideas of non-members. Listed below are some ideas we currently have...

1.) Forum for MOC Members with possible expansion to non-members later on
    2.) Cosmetic Changes to the MOC Website
    3.) Menu Re-design to get to information easier
    4.) Events Calendar (already added) with some other changes and ideas not done yet.
    5.) A Professional Looking MOC Logo for the top of the Web Site
    6.) Membership Management System (including reminders to your email when your membership is about to expire)
    7.) Membership Alerting Email System (1 where you can subscribe and 1 that has the whole membership included). This way you can recieve less critical updates by subscription or Critical Updates via the membership email. Help keep the members informed. Decision as to who could send the email has yet to be decided.
    8.) Create an MOC IT Committee. Those people would take together ideas presented and decide what we want to do or not do. Suggest other ideas, etc.

As we all have different backgrounds here in different areas of industries, etc... its great to hear back from everyone.

We would like to hear about any ideas you have. Even if it includes a small idea to an idea already listed.

Thank You,
    MOC, Inc. IT
    Go figure! I think Doug has a BAN Hammer for sale!

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

United we STAND!

Banned

Post imported post

Not understanding why it would'nt be like the MGO forum with more area access for paying members and limited access to non paying members, Minus the ban plan currently in use by MGO.

As for an IT committee or as I see it a BAN committee. I would recommend one IT officer which would recieve input from the board.

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote:
    Not understanding why it would'nt be like the MGO forum with more area access for paying members and limited access to non paying members, Minus the ban plan currently in use by MGO.

As for an IT committee or as I see it a BAN committee. I would recommend one IT officer which would recieve input from the board.
    nothing is set in stone. i'm trying to get ideas from everyone :-)

Banned

Post imported post

Most IT guys are kinda of weird when it comes to sharing things like this. Thats why I recommend giving the responsability to a stabled bodied level headed person thats not going to quit and take his toys and go home.

Post imported post

lol, i'm not going anywhere :-) i've been at this since we redesigned the site :-) and as i think the board has seen... doesn't matter how pissed off i might get... the stuff here belongs to MOC.

Banned

Post imported post

cool hook it up I have a lot of idea's that could,should be incorperated. Although not YET? a member of MOC I support the org and think the path so far is good.

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote:
    cool hook it up I have a lot of idea's that could,should be incorperated. Although not YET? a member of MOC I support the org and think the path so far is good.

any ideas you have... post here or pm to me! :-D

Banned

Post imported post

Well ok I'll post here for all to see. lol

First I think someone within theMOCboardshould make a video. (Suit n Tie required). A video basicly stating what MOC is, does and stands for. This video could be put up on the page as a infommercial.

2nd various video's in the future could be made for training purposes. Like roll playing how to video's. This will take time but can be easily done.

3rd A lot of members really enjoy the team speak server which is great it allows great communication. However there are far better programs that incorperate both audio and video and can be used as a client or web based for people at work that still want to partipate. This would also allow MOC board to conduct meeting in privacy at anytime. This is a partial list of one perticuliar program I have in mind. There is also a PBX phone line that could be incorperated for just in case scenario's.

4th ALL MOC relatedvideo should be hosted on the official MOC site instead of aredirect to youtube.

5th Add aGUN PAL link for members to pay for membership or make donations.

6th Incorperate the saturday shootout radio program to the website.

Theres a few.

The link I sent ya is all on an apache server. Hopeit helps.

Post imported post

Some very good ideas there wardog6d.

I suggestion from me...

Gunpal instead of anti-gun paypal.

Banned

Post imported post

Edited, Pat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast