• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC, Inc. - Website Ideas

viperar15

imported post

MOC Members (and even non-members):

Those involved with MOC ITare looking for your input on some website ideas for MOC, Inc. We feel that it is in the best interest of MOC to get our members ideas and even the ideas of non-members. Listed below are some ideas we currently have...

1.) Forum for MOC Members with possible expansion to non-members later on
2.) Cosmetic Changes to the MOC Website
3.) Menu Re-design to get to information easier
4.) Events Calendar (already added) with some other changes and ideas not done yet.
5.) A Professional Looking MOC Logo for the top of the Web Site
6.) Membership Management System (including reminders to your email when your membership is about to expire)
7.) Membership Alerting Email System (1 where you can subscribe and 1 that has the whole membership included). This way you can recieve less critical updates by subscription or Critical Updates via the membership email. Help keep the members informed. Decision as to who could send the email has yet to be decided.
8.) Create an MOC IT Committee. Those people would take together ideas presented and decide what we want to do or not do. Suggest other ideas, etc.

As we all have different backgrounds here in different areas of industries, etc... its great to hear back from everyone.

We would like to hear about any ideas you have. Even if it includes a small idea to an idea already listed.

Thank You,
MOC, Inc. IT

viperar15

imported post

This is something that has been discussed. Due to the NDA limitations I cannot sign the document to view his site as it would limit my function at MOC with ideas to provide and things in IT we could implement.

viperar15

imported post

teamspeak idea is actually in process.

as far as forum... a lot of it as far as access it still un-decided. its still being talked about. but personally, i believe there should be some of each. paying, non-paying, and public in the long term

i like the map idea. nothing is ever too much work :) we have the ability to do just about anything. some stuff just may take longer then others.

WARCHILD

imported post

Will the MOC board be electing/appointing MOD's for the forum to oversee posts?
And I agree there should be a part of the forum for MOC members only.

Bronson

imported post

I think a discussion forum similar to what we have here at OCDO is needed soon, and as soon as it's up and running MOC needs to keep all postings regarding any MOC business relegated to websites under its control. I think this would go a long way toward alleviating some of the confusion about the relationship between MOC & OCDO.

As it stands right now it is very easy for a new person interested in OC in Michigan to think that the OCDO Michigan page is the official forum for MOC.We need tokeep the MOC stuff on MOC.

JMO,

Bronson

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

viperar15 wrote:
MOC Members (and even non-members):

Those involved with MOC ITare looking for your input on some website ideas for MOC, Inc. We feel that it is in the best interest of MOC to get our members ideas and even the ideas of non-members. Listed below are some ideas we currently have...

1.) Forum for MOC Members with possible expansion to non-members later on
2.) Cosmetic Changes to the MOC Website
3.) Menu Re-design to get to information easier
4.) Events Calendar (already added) with some other changes and ideas not done yet.
5.) A Professional Looking MOC Logo for the top of the Web Site
6.) Membership Management System (including reminders to your email when your membership is about to expire)
7.) Membership Alerting Email System (1 where you can subscribe and 1 that has the whole membership included). This way you can recieve less critical updates by subscription or Critical Updates via the membership email. Help keep the members informed. Decision as to who could send the email has yet to be decided.
8.) Create an MOC IT Committee. Those people would take together ideas presented and decide what we want to do or not do. Suggest other ideas, etc.

As we all have different backgrounds here in different areas of industries, etc... its great to hear back from everyone.

We would like to hear about any ideas you have. Even if it includes a small idea to an idea already listed.

Thank You,
MOC, Inc. IT
Go figure! I think Doug has a BAN Hammer for sale!

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Not understanding why it would'nt be like the MGO forum with more area access for paying members and limited access to non paying members, Minus the ban plan currently in use by MGO.

As for an IT committee or as I see it a BAN committee. I would recommend one IT officer which would recieve input from the board.

viperar15

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
Not understanding why it would'nt be like the MGO forum with more area access for paying members and limited access to non paying members, Minus the ban plan currently in use by MGO.

As for an IT committee or as I see it a BAN committee. I would recommend one IT officer which would recieve input from the board.
nothing is set in stone. i'm trying to get ideas from everyone :)

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Most IT guys are kinda of weird when it comes to sharing things like this. Thats why I recommend giving the responsability to a stabled bodied level headed person thats not going to quit and take his toys and go home.

viperar15

imported post

lol, i'm not going anywhere :) i've been at this since we redesigned the site :) and as i think the board has seen... doesn't matter how pissed off i might get... the stuff here belongs to MOC.