• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC, Inc. - Website Ideas

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Well ok I'll post here for all to see. lol

First I think someone within theMOCboardshould make a video. (Suit n Tie required). A video basicly stating what MOC is, does and stands for. This video could be put up on the page as a infommercial.

2nd various video's in the future could be made for training purposes. Like roll playing how to video's. This will take time but can be easily done.

3rd A lot of members really enjoy the team speak server which is great it allows great communication. However there are far better programs that incorperate both audio and video and can be used as a client or web based for people at work that still want to partipate. This would also allow MOC board to conduct meeting in privacy at anytime. This is a partial list of one perticuliar program I have in mind. There is also a PBX phone line that could be incorperated for just in case scenario's.

4th ALL MOC relatedvideo should be hosted on the official MOC site instead of aredirect to youtube.

5th Add aGUN PAL link for members to pay for membership or make donations.

6th Incorperate the saturday shootout radio program to the website.

Theres a few.

The link I sent ya is all on an apache server. Hopeit helps.

G

imported post

Some very good ideas there wardog6d.

I suggestion from me...

Gunpal instead of anti-gun paypal.

viperar15

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:

I suggestion from me...

absolutly! we just have to get the board to setup the account and i can start creating payment stuff through them :) (if they haven't already)

mikestilly

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

I suggestion from me...

absolutly! we just have to get the board to setup the account and i can start creating payment stuff through them :) (if they haven't already)

I would suggest using a payment gateway so the MOC can accept credit card donations/product sales payments from events no matter where the location is. This would increase revenue. Paypal/gunpal are internet sales only.

mikestilly

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
The only problem I see is the bandwidth cost for hosting the video... other than that all good ideas.

My recommendation would be to stick with either Teamspeak or Ventrino otherwise you will need to purchase expensive hosting solutions beyond what the MOC could afford.

The hosting plans for Teamspeak or Ventrino should be limited to paying members only that way the hosting plan would remain cheep and as we grow in users you will be able to slowly increase the hosting users with the hosting plan.

viperar15

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
viperar15 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

I suggestion from me...

I would suggest using a payment gateway so the MOC can accept credit card donations/product sales payments from events no matter where the location is. This would increase revenue. Paypal/gunpal are internet sales only.

actually... i will talk to a guy i work with. he just setup his. you have this little card reader that you can bring with you anywhere and swipe up to x many cards before you have to plug it back into a computer and process them :)

its probably the slickest tool i have seen in a while. only the size of your hand or smaller. or you can do live transactions if you have an internet connection with a pc. :)

mikestilly

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
GunPal now processes credit cards without a person having an account.

True but it can only be processed on the internet. With a payment gateway the MOC could have mobile payment terminal that can be taken anywhere. The internet is quite limited especially with an org who goes to many events and must deal in cash only at the moment.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
The only problem I see is the bandwidth cost for hosting the video... other than that all good ideas.

My recommendation would be to stick with either Teamspeak or Ventrino otherwise you will need to purchase expensive hosting solutions beyond what the MOC could afford.

The hosting plans for Teamspeak or Ventrino should be limited to paying members only that way the hosting plan would remain cheep and as we grow in users you will be able to slowly increase the hosting users with the hosting plan.
Spark is free! Its open source. The video can be loaded or not by choice of the member. It can be uploaded by client or web. Its not a manditory plug in its an add on.

viperar15

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

Spark is free! Its open source. The video can be loaded or not by choice of the member. It can be uploaded by client or web. Its not a manditory plug in its an add on.

i will make sure to look into it. open source is my world :) lol.
opensource vs teamspeak... not much difference since they offer free licensing to npo's :)

video would be nice. dont think we can do that in teamspeak... or at least i haven't seen or tried it. not sure if video would be an advantage or not??

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

The video is an option. Which can be turned on or off. It will only be used if the members want to use it. The file sharing, PBX line, Audio, web and client base is optimal for members who may be at work that cannot download programs. Yet they would still be able to hear audio and see video if they wish from the web. They could also upload video from smart phones and other video devices. LIVE or Recorded.

Again WARNING:Resource and development required.

This program has been in use with a group I am affiliated with for well over 2 years with no issue's.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Several concerns I have noticed through out the weeks is that several people have voiced there concern in regards to bandwidth. I am currently working with several bussiness owners in the tricounty areato try and get a server donated that is on hi cap. I will keep those that need to know informed. I am not sure the financial position of MOC.INC so I am trying to get one provided for free as MOC is a NPO.