• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help Guarantee Your Right to Self-Defense in Wisconsin.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

[align=center]Help Guarantee Your Right to Self-Defense in the Badger State ![/align] [align=center] [/align] Since the Fall of 2009, Assembly Bill 193 has been idle in the Assembly Rules Committee waiting to be scheduled for floor time. With limited time for this important self-defense bill to remain alive during this session, it is important that the Assembly Leadership schedule this bill for time on the floor as soon as possible.

AB 193 would help restore the basic right of self-defense that all Americans are entitled too. Under this bill, if a person used defensive force that was intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm, the court must presume that the person reasonably believed that the force was necessary. While the Wisconsin State Constitution already recognizes self-defense as a guaranteed right, this bill would further clarify it. We cannot let this bill languish! If AB 193 passes the Assembly, it will still need to go through the Senate committee process and receive time on the Senate floor.

Please contact your State Representative today and respectfully urge him or her to schedule AB 193 for a vote.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

When I was found not guilty in my self-defense trial my attorney was concerned that the plaintiffs would make up some crap and sue in a civil trial for money damages, so I hope that this form of the castle doctrine does indeed get passed.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The importance of contacting your state senator or representative is especially so if they are a Democrat.

http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

The committee chairis a south side Milwaukee pol. Wonder whathis constituents would say if they know that he was not in favor of defending one's self against home invaders without the risk of being sued by scumbags or their families.

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/w3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=Assembly&district=9&display=bio

M

McX

imported post

that one always chokes me; retreat, retreat, retreat- to not run afoul of the law. considering i would be the one with a firearm, it would be nice not to have to retreat, but to stand and defend!

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

contacted Rep and Senate..

ASSEMBLY BILL 193
An Act to create 939.48 (1m) of the statutes; relating to: the
privilege of self-defense.

notice it is a privilege hmmm lol go figure

Assembly Bill 193
Relating to: the privilege of self-defense.

Assembly Substitute Amendment 1 adoption:
Ayes: 5 - Representatives Schneider, Vruwink, Gundrum, M. Williams and Pridemore.
Noes: 1 - Representative Kessler.

Passage as amended:
Ayes: 5 - Representatives Schneider, Vruwink, Gundrum, M. Williams and Pridemore.

To committee on Rules.

Marlin Schneider
Chairperson
Committee on Personal Privacy

funny how fast they can vote a raise :)

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

BerettaFS92Custom wrote:

ASSEMBLY BILL 193

Assembly Bill 193

Passage as amended:

To committee on Rules.

Marlin Schneider
Chairperson

LMFAO privilege. So that privilege can be taken away if they so choose. "No more self-defense, now just lay down and be murdered, raped, maimed, or otherwise victimized!"

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
BerettaFS92Custom wrote:

ASSEMBLY BILL 193

Assembly Bill 193

Passage as amended:

To committee on Rules.

Marlin Schneider
Chairperson

LMFAO privilege. So that privilege can be taken away if they so choose. "No more self-defense, now just lay down and be murdered, raped, maimed, or otherwise victimized!"

N6ATF exactlee my sentiments sheesh me thinks that needsa reword, to

RIGHT

bigdaddy1

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
When I was found not guilty in my self-defense trial my attorney was concerned that the plaintiffs would make up some crap and sue in a civil trial for money damages, so I hope that this form of the castle doctrine does indeed get passed.
Would be interested in hearing a bit about this process. Are you going to the Starbucks thing?

GreenCountyPete

imported post

Ok i am writing my state rep Brett Davis , i am explaining i have read it i would like for him to support it , and i am asking for 2 changes ,

1.) change Privledge to right (so that it is clear that this is a clarification of a right we all have not a privledge as they would have you belive)

2.) i would like residence defined as any area on ones property or atleast any area on ones property contained inside a perminent barrier that a tresspaser could not pass unknowingly ,examples: chain link fence with latched gate or 3 strands barbed wire , or any fence with latched or locked gates

tell me would this be a bad idea to ask for this clearification , i know what makes sence to me and to be frank the way laws are written rarely make sence but i know thereare somtimes reasons to leaving somthing vauge because in some other residence was already defined as something more favorable than what would be defined

now in writting this i find my self thinking that perhaps a public castile should be defined as it is in Florida , somthing that would define no obligation to retreat if the assailant is within 30 feet or the efective range of his/her weapon

let me know what you think , i don't want to ask my rep for something counter productive

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
Would be interested in hearing a bit about this process. Are you going to the Starbucks thing?
You betcha. I'm riding up with Hubert.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

AB193 UPDATE

I had emailed Represenative Keith Ripp and this is his response

RE: AB193

As much as I would like to I don’t set the calendar for the Assembly. That is left to the majority party. I had hoped that this bill would get passed before the end of session but it’s becoming clearer that the majority party has no real intention of seeing this bill pass.

Keith Ripp

Wisconsin State Representative

47[suP]th[/suP] Assembly District

so... i guess the major party wins. please write your represenatives pertaining to "A man's home is his castle" if not it will die on the floor and never be heard. Gotta LOVE Madison :banghead::cuss:

Ivan Sample

imported post

Good luck with that bill 193. I lived in Wisconsin the for thrity-seven years and they still will not allow you to carry conceal weapon. But the bad guys carry all the time and law abiding citizens are getting screw. I hate to say this but Wisconsin is such a liberal state. I am so glad that I moved to Louisville, ky where OC and CCDW is acceptable. If I step on any toes or hurt someone feelings, I am sorry in advance.:dude:

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:
Good luck with that bill 193. I lived in Wisconsin the for thrity-seven years and they still will not allow you to carry conceal weapon. But the bad guys carry all the time and law abiding citizens are getting screw. I hate to say this but Wisconsin is such a liberal state. I am so glad that I moved to Louisville, ky where OC and CCDW is acceptable. If I step on any toes or hurt someone feelings, I am sorry in advance.:dude:
Wish i could get out of the republik of wisconsin. love lville!