• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Aquarium

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I've said this in many other threads and will again...

Instead of having open carry meets in resturaunts with owners permission, how about a family day in Seattle, the Aquriam, the Zoo, Public transport, Science center, Seattle center fairgrounds, showing us with our families having a good time as "average citizens".
ocean shores on the scooters & bikes

amzbrady

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
I've said this in many other threads and will again...

Instead of having open carry meets in resturaunts with owners permission, how about a family day in Seattle, the Aquriam, the Zoo, Public transport, Science center, Seattle center fairgrounds, showing us with our families having a good time as "average citizens".
ocean shores on the scooters & bikes
We have a few parks to choose from or a bonfire on the beach, ya'll wanna come out, I welcome you.

amzbrady

imported post

Not here. We have bon fires all the time, just have to be 100 feet from the dunes. Our beach is considered a state highway. The only highway I know of you can park, build a fire, have a beer, and fly a kite.

massivedesign

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Not here. We have bon fires all the time, just have to be 100 feet from the dunes. Our beach is considered a state highway. The only highway I know of you can park, build a fire, have a beer, and fly a kite.

I'll be down there a lot this summer with the jetski's...

amzbrady

imported post

Ah I see, I have seen a few people launch into the ocean, I have pulled a few out of the sand after they get stuck. Let me know when your out, I work for the local tow company and if I'm on duty, no prob otherwise the other guy would charge you $95 + tax. I am a 3 minute drive from the water.

massivedesign

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Ah I see, I have seen a few people launch into the ocean, I have pulled a few out of the sand after they get stuck. Let me know when your out, I work for the local tow company and if I'm on duty, no prob otherwise the other guy would charge you $95 + tax. I am a 3 minute drive from the water.

Sweeeet... If it's a calm day, you are more than free to take one of them out and play.. I'll be out on Black Lake on sunday getting them all ready for summer.

amzbrady

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

Sweeeet... If it's a calm day, you are more than free to take one of them out and play.. I'll be out on Black Lake on sunday getting them all ready for summer.
Do you have Family?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Oh OK yea I know about that down your way I go surfing in West Port all the time. Just across the jetty from you guys.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

When its right caught a huge barrel there one day, I love the groins though not as good since they dredged it. I used to sit right in front of the rocks. Or I go right next to the jetty catch the rip out to the larger waves.

Damn way off topic don't get me started on surfing.

Hey Ty I think the police were called and they had decided to be prudent and not show up. The west side is getting up to speed.

OrangeIsTrouble

amzbrady

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
I thought bon-fires are a no no for Seattle beaches?
Enjoy a campfire on the beach!
Please light a fire ONLY in designated fire pits, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=445

Then again, most beaches here don't have fire pits...I've only seen Alki to have them.

plenty of wood just laying around, just collect some and light up. If youve never been here on the 4th of July, man your missing out. We used to go to Alci and watch the Ivars years ago, butthe traffic leaving was stupid. So we started comming out here, we would do the fire works and then go to the hotel. You can light off fireworks on the beach too.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Poosharker wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
I thought bon-fires are a no no for Seattle beaches?
Enjoy a campfire on the beach!
Please light a fire ONLY in designated fire pits, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=445

Then again, most beaches here don't have fire pits...I've only seen Alki to have them.

plenty of wood just laying around, just collect some and light up. If youve never been here on the 4th of July, man your missing out. We used to go to Alci and watch the Ivars years ago, butthe traffic leaving was stupid. So we started comming out here, we would do the fire works and then go to the hotel. You can light off fireworks on the beach too.

Oh of course ;), I am just trying to be legit here you know what I mean?

Alci? You're talking about Alki in Seattle right?

And you are correct, the traffic is real stupid on sunny days, and there is no point in trying to drive to Alki on 4th of July....better to go to Myrtle Edwards park or something.

Hendo

imported post

joeroket wrote:
According to the ruling the reversal of the ban started today. You are good. Interestingly though the judge gave them 30 days from Feb 12th to remove the signs so for 25 days there will be signs that mean nothing up in the parks.

I bet there would be no problem forming a "Citizens Seattle gun ban signRemoval Committee".