• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlottesville - Cheeseburger in Paradise

Regum

imported post

Tweaker wrote:
Regum wrote:
This is interesting. I OC practically everywhere in Charlottesville, including Verizon Wireless, Wachovia (Well's Fargo) and Best Buy and have had the opportunity to inform their staff on the topic of 2A and OC all without incident. Sometimes they are way ahead of me as I posted in the Cville OC thread recently regarding Best Buy. I cannot speak to the causes of the bad experiences you have encountered, Tweaker, but I wouldn't write off these businesses so easily. As for getting 'physical', maybe we need to have more OC gatherings in town as a good start. I find that people are less likely to bother you when they are hungry :lol:; and our turnouts haven't been the best. Strength in numbers.

Can you verify that CHO Verizon does not have the same signage that the Ruckersville branch does? No CCW, OC not mentioned? I only know of the one by the Mall, near Rivals. Is that where you go?
I go to the Pantops Verizon. I've had zero problems there. I haven't noticed any signage there. I'll look again next time I go.

Tweaker

imported post

Tweaker wrote:
The Best Buy situation may have been instigated by the presence of my canine companion
You brought your dog into Best Buy? Is your dog a service dog? - ed

I sure did, Edward, and there was no signage to prohibit that either.

Should I expect you to accuse me of bestiality next, big bad ed? You already insinuated that Wylde and I are an item. You give Perez Hilton a run for her money in snarkyness.

altajava

imported post

Tweaker wrote:
Tweaker wrote:
The Best Buy situation may have been instigated by the presence of my canine companion
You brought your dog into Best Buy? Is your dog a service dog? - ed

I sure did, Edward, and there was no signage to prohibit that either.

Should I expect you to accuse me of bestiality next, big bad ed? You already insinuated that Wylde and I are an item. You give Perez Hilton a run for her money in snarkyness.

I'm a dog owner and an OCer andhave been giving you the benefit of doubt on this thread but I think you just lost any and allcredibility with that last statement.

If you would spend some time reading these boards before offering a bunch of insults you would know that the people that you insult have done far more for OCing than you or I could hope to achieve.

Ed, thank you for all you have done for us.

Dreamer

imported post

OK, now I've seen enough...

I officially call SHENANIGANS on the OP.

Walk away from this one folks, just walk away...