• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Completely OT: need a scrap buyer

Metalhead47

imported post

OK I know this is waaaaaaaaaay off topic but the online phone books are completely useless. I'm looking for an outfit that buys scrap metal by the ton, preferably in the Skagit/Whatcom/Snohomish area. I've got a stripped Suburban I need to dump soon, and it looks like I may have some issues with the paperwork so the free removal services won't touch it. So I may end up having to chop it up, hang the VIN plate on the wall, and sell the rest for scrap.

(at least the griping about intrusive gov't paperwork is almost on topic :lol:)

Golf Uniform November

imported post

Call i-5 auto wreckers in chehalis. They pick up.. Im not sure in your case. But they will gladly take it off your hands, and possibly put some money your way.

Hope this helps

amlevin

imported post

Most scrap dealers run the other way when big pieces of cars start showing up, especially without VIN numbers.

I would cut everyting up into 3' pieces and then haul it to the local scrap buyer in a pickup or trailer. I had this same problem several years ago and I ended up taking 5-6 loads to the county transfer station and dumped the small pieces into their metal recycling dumpster. Today that could cost you depending on how they handle scrap metal now.