• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nugent against gun control

M

McX

imported post

saw the 'nuge a year or two back, in concert at a little theater in gurnee illinois, i think. he came out on stage carrying 2 bad ass assault rifles, and addressed the audience;
these are my guns, they keep me free, they keep my government in check.

the crowd just roared, good concert, loudest one i had ever been to- had to use plugs. got the conert t-shirts, and ticket stub in my collection to prove it.

here's a funny bone for the day;
sitting down at the shop, killing time up front, listening to the police scanner on racine underground link page. call comes over; dispatcher; subject xxx is armed and dangerous. cop responds; aren't we all.

protias

imported post

zack991 wrote:
protias wrote:
Uncle Ted for president! :monkey
He would kill any politician in a debate with good old commonsense
As one of my teachers said, "If common sense was common, we wouldn't have the Jerry Springer Show." So true. :(

I would vote for him though.

protias

imported post

McX wrote:
saw the 'nuge a year or two back, in concert at a little theater in gurnee illinois, i think. he came out on stage carrying 2 bad ass assault rifles, and addressed the audience;
WTF is an assault rifle? ;)

M

McX

imported post

touche' protias; i correct to; 2 probably british made automatic rifles, with magazines feeding from the top- i think, and hand grip carriers. i didn't see them on the shelves at s-mart lst i looked though:D.

Lurchiron

imported post

protias wrote:
McX wrote:
One that slips from your hands, and lands in the road slush; during winter time :dude:.

scorpio_vette

imported post

protias wrote:
McX wrote:

http://www.olive-drab.com/od_other_firearms_rifles.php

There is no category on Olive-Drab for so-called "assault rifles". This really is not a distinct weapon in military terms, so you will find various assault rifles (loosely defined by the media) under rifles or sub-machine guns. To read more about what an assault rifle is and how they came into use, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle "

just thought that was an interesting read.

my personal opinion................any rifle can be used to assault somebody. therefore all rifles are assault rifles. which in turn would make anything that i can assault somebody with a assault weapon. so technically a brick could be a assault weapon.