• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC seminar at at Gander Mtn in Utica, MI on Saturday March, 20 from 11am-1pm

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

MOC will be holding an open carry seminar at Gander Mtn in Utica on Saturday March, 20 from 11am-1pm.

Details will be post later at http://www.michiganopencarry.org/events

I know this is the Cabela's weekend but this event is geared more for non members and people brand new to OC. I'm looking for one or two volunteers who can help out for this event.

After Gander Mtn. I will be going to Cabela's for the rest of the day.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Flyers are up on the stores bulletin board. Was also able to put some back at the gun counter along with MOC brochures. A big thanks to Mike who works in the firearms department for providing us with counter space. Many of the staff are wanting to attend to become more educated on OC so they can better educate the customers.

malignity

imported post

Went to Gander Mountain today, and talked to a few of the clerks about OC...

They all seemed supportive, but definitely didn't want to seem preachy, and quickly changed the subject. (Touchy for many, probably scripted to do so.)

They did however, inform me of the seminar, and gave me a sheet of paper, in which I replied 'Yeah, these are my boys' or something along those lines.

Good thing to know that Gander Mountain is actively trying to get the seminar information out there without us having to do it for them. :)

Oh.. and on another note, their Mossberg 500's are wayyyy too overpriced.

malignity

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Glad to hear that they are talking about the seminar. I'll stop by there on my way home tomorrow and check it out. Maybe we will have to drop of more fliers for them!

Probably a good idea. It looked like there was only a handful left, probably about 15. There were at LEAST that many people looking at guns when I was there at the time, and saw at least 2 fliers taken while I was there; so it's definitely high traffic.

DanM

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Flyers are up on the stores bulletin board. Was also able to put some back at the gun counter along with MOC brochures. . . . Many of the staff are wanting to attend to become more educated on OC so they can better educate the customers.

Does anyone have an image of the flyer? I'm curious about what it says.

Also, the seminar is not listed on GM's seminarspage:

http://gander.distanthorizon.com/seminars/index.asp?orderby=2

I don't have time right now to look into getting it added. This is FYI, if someone can and wants towork on getting it added.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

I spoke with Mike, General Mgr. Gander Mountain Utica, this morning. I emailed him the seminar flyer and he said it will be posted on their website by Monday.