• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC seminar at at Gander Mtn in Utica, MI on Saturday March, 20 from 11am-1pm

HankT

State Researcher

scot623

imported post

I have to work so I can't make it.A good friend of mine , John J., may be able to make it. He is getting his feet wet on the whole OC idea, so I recomended this event to him.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Anything that is needed or anything that needs to be prepared for this event that we can help with? Are members showing up early to help set up or will we just be part of the audience?

sprinklerguy28

imported post

I'll be there about 10:30am. Anyone that wants to show up early is more than welcome to come help. Many just getting brochures, membership forms and a few banners put up. If we could have a laptop present that would be a great help to show our website, and assist people getting set up on OCDO.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Don't have a laptop, but I think I've got quite a few extra trifolds I can bring. Is there going to be a presentation, who's doing it? It's 2 hours so I assume there's pretty much a game plan, just kind of curious how it's going to go.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I will get there shortly after 10am to set up and ready the room. I will have the laptop and projector with me.

By Monday I will have a finalized agenda. I would like any volunteers to arrive around ten so that we can go over the agenda and coordinate what we will be doing.

We have more than enough volunteers so we should be good there. Some of the topics will be the slide show presentation on open carry and role playing LEO encounters. We will also be talking about open carry myths, etc. I would like the volunteers to help with the role playing and present some of their open carry experiences to the group.

Can all of the volunteers please pm me your email addresses so I can include all of you in the email.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Also, since we have our foot in the door @ GM, I wonder how difficult it would be to set up a similar seminar out in the Novi store, relatively soon after this one. Just a thought.

eastmeyers

imported post

I am so excited. I have been a member for two years now. I run into people EVERYDAY that don't know that OC is legal, and don't believe it until I talk to them for awhile and leave a brochure. Over the past few weeks we have gotten some good media, and SO many places are happy to see us! I can't wait until we are a Gold Star State!

God Bless

FatboyCykes

imported post

Also, might be worth checking out a few of the many places to eat around there for an optional lunch afterward. Shouldn't be hard to find one that doesn't serve alcohol and would love to have a big crowd gather, or it can just be a few of us, either way works for me.

sky2water

imported post

I would love to come and help but I have Drill that weekend at Selfridge. I have been looking for an opportunity to get together with all of you and meet everyone since I join MI open carry butI guessthat will have to wait a little bit longer. I hope the day goes well and you have a lot of non members showing up. Good luck, Kick butt, and have fun!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

sky2water wrote:
I would love to come and help but I have Drill that weekend at Selfridge. I have been looking for an opportunity to get together with all of you and meet everyone since I join MI open carry butI guessthat will have to wait a little bit longer. I hope the day goes well and you have a lot of non members showing up. Good luck, Kick butt, and have fun!
Welcome to OCDO Sky2water.

Check out the MOC website for upcoming events:

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/events

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I stopped in today to get some new arrows. The guy at the gun counter said that they had people calling the store and the fliers were still going like crazy. People were asking about the seminar, etc.

There was also a couple there who were looking at the info at the counter and were asking about it.

The room only holds 30-40 max, it is going to be standing room only for sure!