• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC seminar at at Gander Mtn in Utica, MI on Saturday March, 20 from 11am-1pm

FatboyCykes

imported post

Wow, yea, I think we might have an issue there :) We may have to do a sign up and do several if GM is willing to have us back/often.

Any thoughts on lunch afterward John? I spoke with the manager of the cici's pizzeria that is in the same shopping center, she seemed concerned about guests during a dinner rush but said lunch should be ok, she asked for my number and I gave with w/o any commitment on our "reservation". Figure those who might want to OC for the first time after the meeting, lunch afterward would be a good ice breaker.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Wow, yea, I think we might have an issue there :) We may have to do a sign up and do several if GM is willing to have us back/often.

Any thoughts on lunch afterward John? I spoke with the manager of the cici's pizzeria that is in the same shopping center, she seemed concerned about guests during a dinner rush but said lunch should be ok, she asked for my number and I gave with w/o any commitment on our "reservation". Figure those who might want to OC for the first time after the meeting, lunch afterward would be a good ice breaker.
That's great. We can do lunch at CiCi's.

Gander Mtn already suggested us hosting a few more there because of the response they have received. If all goes as expected we will be planning another one in the very near future.

FatboyCykes

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Been to Cici's several times OCing never had an issue there.
Lol, been there recently? She mentioned somebody had been in there not long ago and she was somewhat familiar with it, just in the sense that she'd seen it already :)

We don't have to go there, specially since she was very concerned about the timing, as in we'd not be welcomed there at dinner time, and I really don't like the taste that leaves in my mouth, but it'll be an anniversary weekend and in stead of 5.49 per person, it'll be 3.99, so bonus, no discount for large groups though :(

mikestilly

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Lol, been there recently?  She mentioned somebody had been in there not long ago and she was somewhat familiar with it, just in the sense that she'd seen it already :)

We don't have to go there, specially since she was very concerned about the timing, as in we'd not be welcomed there at dinner time, and I really don't like the taste that leaves in my mouth, but it'll be an anniversary weekend and in stead of 5.49 per person, it'll be 3.99, so bonus, no discount for large groups though :(

We'll not eat as a large group just individuals :D sounds good to me... !!!!!!

sprinklerguy28

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
sprinklerguy28 wrote:
Lol, been there recently?  She mentioned somebody had been in there not long ago and she was somewhat familiar with it, just in the sense that she'd seen it already :)

Was there last week.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Heh, was probably you then. Like I said, just a suggestion, there are a ton of places to eat around there, but the selection and price sound pretty decent not to mention proximity. We'll see, she said she'd call me back and let me know if there was any issues haven't heard from her yet.

DanM

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
The room only holds 30-40 max, it is going to be standing room only for sure!

Good news!

Is it possible that GM has a larger room or space in the storethat we can shift the seminar to?

I wouldn't mind setting upout on the open floor somewhere, if it means more space.

viperar15

imported post

just wait till you have 30 - 40 people in a room... whispering to each other, talking to each other, moving around.... u'll wish 1 was there :p

as long as someone can stock me up with flyers, i can make trips to GM as needed to keep them in stock. whats involved with being a "contact" person?

Generaldet

imported post

We can work out the flier situation. I will contact the person in charge and set the date. If you can just restock the info while you are there just check in with the staff to see if they have any questions and also look at the size of the room. That way they have a face to put with the MOC.

DanM

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Tomorrow I will be contacting the Saginaw and Novi stores about seminars at their stores as well.

I work in Novi, just a few miles from the Novi store. I can be the guy to go and physically keep flyers stocked and/or contact person for that, if you need a volunteer John.

Generaldet

imported post

DanM wrote:
Generaldet wrote:
Tomorrow I will be contacting the Saginaw and Novi stores about seminars at their stores as well.

I work in Novi, just a few miles from the Novi store. I can be the guy to go and physically keep flyers stocked and/or contact person for that, if you need a volunteer John.
Thanks Dan, you got the job lol. I will send you an email with the flyer, probably tomorrow.