• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC seminar at at Gander Mtn in Utica, MI on Saturday March, 20 from 11am-1pm

Slinger

imported post

Not sure if i will make this one but if i can help out with anything let me know. My uncle owns and runs a vinyl shop if that might help with anything.

Jody

Page 4 owned

Fireman48726

imported post

Hey,

New to the forum. I have been reading some of the topics for about a week now. I have never heard of MOC before. I am a CC'er. Never OCed before. I plan on sending for membership soon. I think you guys are awsome and put out the right message. My question, is there any interest on having an event near Bay City or Saginaw? I noticed Gander Mountain is a hit spot. There is one in Saginaw. I would like to attend events if there were some close by. If there are some and I just don't know about, please let me know. Thanks

DanM

imported post

Fireman48726 wrote:
Hey,

New to the forum. I have been reading some of the topics for about a week now. I have never heard of MOC before. I am a CC'er. Never OCed before. I plan on sending for membership soon. I think you guys are awsome and put out the right message. My question, is there any interest on having an event near Bay City or Saginaw? I noticed Gander Mountain is a hit spot. There is one in Saginaw. I would like to attend events if there were some close by. If there are some and I just don't know about, please let me know. Thanks

Welcome aboard. As we like to say around here, "Set a time and place and they will come." Well, start a thread with a proposed time and place you like, and a final time and place right on or not too far off will usually result with some folks. We aretruly grass-roots, so you are as muchan open carry organizer as any of us. Congrats! :)

By the way, put "Michigan" after your city (look at how the rest of us do it). It helps get our count accurate for the state.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Fireman48726 wrote:
Hey,

Welcome to OCDO Fireman.

If I remember correctly, Generaldet (MOC President) is currently in the planning stagesfor a seminar at the Gander Mountain in Saginaw.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Fireman48726 wrote:
Hey,

Welcome to OCDO Fireman.

If I remember correctly, Generaldet (MOC President) is currently in the planning stagesfor a seminar at the Gander Mountain in Saginaw.
Correct, I called to set that one up but the events coordinator was not working that day. I will try again tomorrow.

We do have the Novi seminar as well on 4/3/10.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Spoke with a Patty(General Manager) as Tracey(Owner) was unavailable, Patty reiterated that it'll be busy as the buffet will be a special 3.99 instead of 5.49 or w/e, but she sounded quite receptive and reassured me they'd do what they could to accommodate us :)

I think I'll make another call or two to some other locals, just as a back up for the unforeseen.

FatboyCykes

imported post

woofdawgs wrote:
I am a neew member and I will be attending Saturda at 11am
Welcome, glad to hear you'll be there, sound like we're going to have a huge turn out :p

I hope people aren't too put off it we have to do the two meeting thing, as I'll bet that's the way it's going to have to happen :/

Zef

imported post

Hey Guys,

First off I'd like to say I'm new to the boards and would like to say hi.

I heard about the seminars you were setting up in the news and I'd be very interested in showing up this Sat. @ 11. I have a CCL and the thought of OC would just be really nice at times. I have a girlfriend that would like to show up with me as well. is it to late to sign up for this and if not I look forward to seeing you there.

-Zef

FatboyCykes

imported post

Zef wrote:
Hey Guys,

First off I'd like to say I'm new to the boards and would like to say hi.

I heard about the seminars you were setting up in the news and I'd be very interested in showing up this Sat. @ 11. I have a CCL and the thought of OC would just be really nice at times. I have a girlfriend that would like to show up with me as well. is it to late to sign up for this and if not I look forward to seeing you there.

-Zef
Welcome Zef. As of now, there is no sign up, perhaps a short sight on our part as this has blown up bigger than I think any of us imagined it would. That Fox 2 coverage was....very successful. So show up at 11 and we'll see what we can do, as of now we're looking at the possibility of doing two seminars as the room only holds 30-40 people and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we had a turn out over 100.

A sign up sheet at the other Ganders might not be a bad idear :/

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Tomorrow folks! Should be a huge turnout. Please arrive a little early to guarantee yourself a seat. There will be two seminars and seating is first come first serve.

Volunteers please arrive at Gander Mtn around 10am so we can set up, etc.

There will be a open carry lunch following the seminar at CiCi's pizza next door (thanks fatboycykes)

See you in the morning!!

lwout65

imported post

I just wanted to say i attended the meeting today at Gander Mountain and wow what a turn out.Altho i was not able to get in to the 11:00 or 12:30 meetings is was still very informative just talking to the fellas you had out talking to us in the overflow who could not get in. myself and the friends i brought along walked away not feeling disapointed in comming.I hope to make the next meeting in Novi and will damn sure come early to get a seat lol. I would like to to help anyway i can to get the work out and will do so by printing off some copys of your hand outs and seeing were and what stores i frequent an hopefulyill be able to leave copys for others to pick up. Being im on disability im realy in no position to donate i wish i could but will do what i can just let me know how i can help. Thanks Lee W. inWarren MI.

DanM

imported post

lwout65 wrote:
I would like to to help anyway i can to get the work out and will do so by printing off some copys of your hand outs and seeing were and what stores i frequent an hopefulyill be able to leave copys for others to pick up. Being im on disability im realy in no position to donate i wish i could but will do what i can just let me know how i can help. Thanks Lee W. inWarren MI.
Welcome aboard Lee! You don't have to donate money to be effective. By spreading the info around like you describe above,responsibly open carrying, and staying politically informed and active to protectyour right to keep and bear arms, those arethe most effective things that can be done. Glad you came out to see us!