Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open carrying customers deter armed robbery in Kennesaw, GA Wafflehouse

Post imported post

http://www.examiner.com/x-5619-Atlan...ry-in-Kennesaw
    There is some debate raging in Georgia about whether people should conceal their holstered handguns while in public. Some believe that wearing handguns openly will result in a loss of the element of surprise during a criminal attack, such as an armed robbery, while others believe that wearinghandguns openly deters criminal attack. For Matt Brannan and J.P. Mitchell, who carry openly as a routine, the issue is no longer academic.

Post imported post

Nope... Sorry ... This can't be true.

These guys were suppose to be the first ones shot and killed. They were in that Waffle House parading around with their guns on their hips. The bad guys are suppose to come in and shoot them.

<Sarcasm off>

Hmm.... bad guy see's two good guys with guns and leaves...tell's other bad guys about it, who are armed and what do they do.... NOTHING... they were waiting for the good guys to leave.

So the bad guy doesn't want to mess with law abiding , armed citizens. Several bad guys don't want to either.

Hmm.. how can that be.. :celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

Wait!!???! They OCed in a Waffle House? Isn't Waffle House one of the business which doesn't allow any weapons, OC or CC in thier resturants? Didn't we cover this a while back in another thread or two?

Found it-

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ht=wafflehouse

Waffle House corporate says No Guns.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate

Why can't that happen where I eat breakfast? Oh....that's right....Michigan don't have Waffle Houses! YOU SUCK MICHIGAN! Get a Waffle House and a Sonic Please!What you think your Great Lakes, Beautiful Woodlands, and endless coastline is enough?Oh ...wait.... it IS enough.

Hey, WTF are that many BG's doing tryin' to rob ONE WH? Were they gonna split the waffles 8 ways?

I'm so happy this happened I'm babbling like a moron! WTG Matt and JP! And pay attention here Georgia (that means you Boss Hogg)! Them Duke boy's gotta be gettin old. People need to start packin' !

How many rednecks does it take to hold up a Waffle House? Two car loads if there are no armed guys inside! (then it would be too heavy dude)

I rike those dancin' monkeys

peace be with u and be with your peace!
    Peace be with you and always be with your piece!

Post imported post

I have openly carried in Waffle House on multiple occasions. and No onerobbed the place then either.

Post imported post

ComradeV wrote:
    I have openly carried in Waffle House on multiple occasions. and No onerobbed the place then either.
    Maybe I should do the next story on you!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ComradeV wrote:
    Oh yeah! Well I open carried to close to a school and there wasn't a school shooting! I think I have you beat!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

Would someone please e-mail this to Peet's Coffee, California Pizza Kitchen and, um, what was that other place?

Post imported post

NRA Sabotages Second Amendment Case !

http://www.examiner.com/x-2698-Charl...e-implications
    Did this take place at the Wafflehouse too?

Post imported post

lockman wrote:
    Fear causes hesitation; hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
    - The Bodasafa

www.mp-pistol.com

Post imported post

I wonder if this would also apply at the college in Alabama where the shooting occured recently?? How about other "Gun Free" zones?

Post imported post

Unfortunately, we still have a long way to go. This is the Waffle House two hundred yards from the Publix where Cobb County's finest did a tier two stop and handcuffed and searched meon May 13th last year for open carrying. The same Captain Quan is the one with whom I discussed the Cobb Police's policies.

Post imported post

Match10 wrote:
    Unfortunately, we still have a long way to go. This is the Waffle House two hundred yards from the Publix where Cobb County's finest did a tier two stop and handcuffed and searched meon May 13th last year for open carrying. The same Captain Quan is the one with whom I discussed the Cobb Police's policies.
    Man it is nice to see you around somewhere.... Some of us do miss you over at the old place.

Capt Quan referenced your issue as his example of the negative side of OC right before telling me the story about the positive side, which turned out to be this one. I was very glad to get to have the discussion with him. I also feel that your issue with his department was a big wake up call to START making some changes. When I followed up with him about his officer not knowing we could OC, he was very receptive to the conversation and spent a long time on the phone with me.

I still think you should come back now and again, and I am still up for that walk down Bells Ferry.

Post imported post

Thanks... I just refuse to be condescended to (Which means to be talked down to).....

So, you think that Capt Quan has tempered his officers' barbaric treatment of MWAG calls? (A completely legal carrier of a holstered gun while buying your newspaper?)I still get the impression that he is unyeilding in the CCPD response. He may feel that it is a waste of resoucres, merely because it does not produce any illegal weapon and person to arrest.

I never got the chance to utter, "Am I Free To Go?"

BTW... Should you want to review the reports and the audio files, I have them available on my server and can give you access.

Post imported post

We should be mass-mailing this to Wafflehouse.

"Link to story here

You're welcome.

- The open carry community"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

yale wrote:
    Wait!!???! They OCed in a Waffle House? Isn't Waffle House one of the business which doesn't allow any weapons, OC or CC in thier resturants? Didn't we cover this a while back in another thread or two?

Found it-

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ht=wafflehouse

Waffle House corporate says No Guns.
    No problems at Vassel Haus in and around Richmond or anywhere else that I have traveled for that matter.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I emailed what I thought was the correct department to see if this is true. Here is the reply I just got back.

RE: Can you confirm this story?
    Friday, February 19, 2010 4:06 AM
    From: "Doug Burel" Add sender to ContactsTo: "XXXXXX@yahoo.com>

No, I can’t confirm it because that location is actually the jurisdiction of the Cobb Police. The Captain they cite in the story, Captain Quan, is indeed a captain at Cobb Police Zone 1 so the story is probably legitimate. You can call them at 770-499-4181.

Post imported post

Following this on the tons of boards that it has been linked to I have found a lot of people that are contacting Pct1 and Waffle House Corporate. While I love that people don't just trust what they read. Capt Quan and the folks at WaHo central are probably getting pretty freaking tired of it already.

I do hope that all the contact to Waffle House Corp does not have them send someone down to the store to "discipline" the manager or the waitress over this.

Match:
    I do feel that Cobb... at least precinct one, is slowly working on coming around. I know they were in the wrong with you. WAY in the wrong! But you also are pretty much the first person who actually took the fight back to their front door to make them look at what the law says. I have had multiple non-encounters in that area since your issue. After talking with the Captain myself... His words were that he personally prefers citizens to conceal so that his office does not get calls like yours, but he would NEVER tell someone or advocate his officers telling someone they had to conceal, and he would NEVER advocate a felony stop on any person who was open carrying without them having actually done something else.

You rocked the boat, my contact will hopefully push it a little further.... as the Sheriff put it, Cobb PD is like an oil tanker, if it is going in the wrong direction it takes a lot of time and effort to turn it around. Yes they were wrong, but I do feel they will be put in line if EVERY lawfully armed citizen makes the effort to make contact when something out of line happens.

Post imported post

What, no response from the Brady Bunch?

Post imported post

CA_fr_KS wrote:
    They were canceled - only reruns available. :P

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

But this can't happen! We all have heard the half-baked, has enver happened theories of the anti-gunners that say just letting yourself be killed is better

And the equally anti-gun concealed-carriers that tell us how waiting to be attacked and then trying to frantically dig out our weapon to fight back is so much better.

BULLSH!T!!

An ounce of 'strutting about compensating for a small penis' prevention is worth heaps and loads more than a flock of coroners' gurneys and chalk outlines.

Too bad this guy wasn't at Fort Hood!

How man more times does NOTHING have to happen in place of a massacre, before people wake the hell up an realize that Guns are the solution, not the problem? How can the absence of this firearm have been a good thing? It has never been a good thing anywhere else...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

Last time I was back in Huber Heights, Ohio; the WaffleHouse on Brandt Pike at I-70 had one of those ubiquitous "no guns" signs posted. The Tim Horton's across the street did not. Why?

Because Huber Heights PD was constantly in and out of the Waffle House, I suppose. Man, those are some beefy cops, and the way they eat up those 5-way hashbrowns I can see why. Horton's on the other hand gets maybe a driveby check. But they don't throw a hissy when you come in heeled, or at least they didn't with me.

On my last night in Huber, a Saturday, I gave the three teenagers working there a $150 tip (split three ways, not apiece) for (1) being so industrious as to give up a Saturday night in July and (2) for being so welcoming to open carry.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

CA_fr_KS wrote:
    Crickets chirping i think.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    CA_fr_KS wrote:
    Crickets chirping i think.
    Here

Yata hey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast