• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need advice on Mass laws

67GT390FB

imported post

Thanks in advance,

I am looking into taking some classes In springfield Mass, at the S&W Center this spring.

I am familiar w/ VA laws but need some advice for what i need to do for gun storage and transport within the Commonwealth of Mass.

Thanks again for the help.

Joe

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
Thanks in advance,

I am looking into taking some classes In springfield Mass, at the S&W Center this spring.

I am familiar w/ VA laws but need some advice for what i need to do for gun storage and transport within the Commonwealth of Mass.

Thanks again for the help.

Joe
Do not have inside detail beyond what you can see on map links but do have a question for you Joe, old friend, ol' buddy, ol' pal.

Is this possibly a buy one get one free deal? :D

Yata hey

Jared

imported post

You need a mass license to carry unless you are only bringing longarms. You will have no issues getting a Class A unrestricted LTC as long as you have a home-state permit. Go to the mass state police website and click on the firearms records bureau. They have all the info you need.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Jared wrote:
You need a mass license to carry unless you are only bringing longarms. You will have no issues getting a Class A unrestricted LTC as long as you have a home-state permit. Go to the mass state police website and click on the firearms records bureau. They have all the info you need.
http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopstopic&L=2&L0=Home&L1=Firearms+Registration+%26+Laws&sid=Eeops

Non-Resident License to Carry Firearms (LTC) Application
pdficon.gif

Yata hey