• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gatherings?

Sentinell

imported post

Guys and Gals,

I am still new on this site, and I was wondering if there are any gatherings around the NOVA area. Do you ever grab a bite together, or meet up at a place just to meet up and talk about things?

It would be nice, to meet with people and share some knowledge, ideas and tips.

Please, let me know,

-=D

wylde007

imported post

Just keep a lookout for threads titled thusly: February Tidewater OC dinner except replace "Tidewater" with "NOVA".

Alexandria, Fairfax, Springfield, etc... I think they do one every now and again. Just gotta keep your eyes peeled. Log in often and stay connected!

wylde007

imported post

They'll also usually be pinned by the mod' team until the day after they happen, so they should be right up top and easy to find!
:celebrate

Marco

imported post

This week there were two OC outings that I know of, the first was on Monday @ Foster's Grill inn Old Town Manassas, the second was on Tuesdayafter the NoVA VCDL meeting.

:idea::
You could always post a date/time that you plan to be somewhere and ask others to join you.

If you decide to do that start a new thread with date/time and location in title &/or subject area, as well as the body of the post.

You could do/use the e-vite thing as well.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Sentinell wrote:
Guys and Gals,

I am still new on this site, and I was wondering if there are any gatherings around the NOVA area.  Do you ever grab a bite together, or meet up at a place just to meet up and talk about things?

It would be nice, to meet with people and share some knowledge, ideas and tips.

Please, let me know,

-=D

Welcome to OCDO and yeah we do.. monthly.. just watch the top of the Virginia forum for events as previously described.

Riana

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Be seen out in public with this motley crew? heck no.

:)
Yeah... like we wanna be seen with you either... :cool:

Aren't we due for another get together soon, Ed? Seems like it's been a while (of course, I think I missed the last one).

Riana

imported post

ed wrote:
Riana wrote:

Aren't we due for another get together soon, Ed? Seems like it's been a while (of course, I think I missed the last one).
we are... wings? bbq? burgers? pizza? what should it be?
*shrug* I dunno. Surprise me. Any evening but Monday or Thursday.

nova

imported post

Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
Riana wrote:

we are... wings? bbq? burgers? pizza? what should it be?
*shrug* I dunno. Surprise me. Any evening but Monday or Thursday.
+1

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Ooops. Spoke (wrote too soon). I see things have already been taken in hand.

How about something in the Chantilly-to-Centreville area. Kinda centrally located for many people. However the OP lives in Arlington, so maybe something a little closer to him would be good to introduce him to all of this.

Comments?