Thread: Open Carry deters armed robbery

Post imported post

Best way to communicate this to Peets, CPK, Starbucks, Brady Bunch, et al assuming the information is verified?

http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=416377

Synopsis: Bad guy casing restaurant sees two open carriers, bad guys in parking lot with rifles and masks wait for OC to leave to enter. Fortunately, the police pull up just as the OC guys leave.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Now that is what I'm talking about.

However, besides suspicion of robbery, why would TWO car loads full of armed people want to rob, of all things, a Waffle House and at 4:45 in the morning?

I would have thought they were there to take someone out

Post imported post

That's an easy one.
    For the money.
    Rich Keagy
    www.esmeralda.cc

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Although this is a good provable case for our side, the situation could have gone differently. In Georgia they are allowed loaded and people likely know this. In California we aren't and it is possible the criminal knows this.

Don't ever presume that your open carry will deter all criminals. Remain vigilant and hone your situational awareness to help deter crime.

Sometimes the openly carried firearm will be the deterrent, sometimes the fact that they notice you being attentive to your surroundings.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I agree with that assessment, however, the number of criminals that attempt to take on a California-OCer will still be low if not get lower because some people just don't want to take the chance of taking on an armed citizen, even when that citizen has to bring their weapon into battery. The ones that are brazen enough to do soare the ones we've always had to look out for, they are the crazy ones.

Post imported post

If anyone finds a "legitimate" article on this story PLEASE post it.

Not that I doubt the examiner article but I'm in college and it has to be a "main stream media", governmental, or other "acceptable, non biased" source and I'd like to have that to use in my essays. For some reason the liberally controlled academic environment is absolutely screwed up on just what's acceptable as a source. Of course the "totally unbiased" sources that fit their agenda are perfectly acceptable.

LOL (well actually it's not funny)
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar

Post imported post

Ah Happy Days! I'm so glad we have a documented case of a crime being prevented because of OC. I added this to my blog just to help spread it around.

We-the-People wrote:
    If anyone finds a "legitimate" article on this story PLEASE post it.

Not that I doubt the examiner article but I'm in college and it has to be a "main stream media", governmental, or other "acceptable, non biased" source and I'd like to have that to use in my essays.
    You may consider taking the police report number given in the story and do some research yourself. Skip the "main stream media" and go get the facts for your essay. Could be fun.

Post imported post

Problem is the school research databases don't include such things. I don't expect a quick turn around on a request to a PD and the essays are very time sensitive. If it were local I'd go down to the PD and request it, under FOIA if necessary, but I'm not.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

We-the-People wrote:
    Problem is the school research databases don't include such things. I don't expect a quick turn around on a request to a PD and the essays are very time sensitive. If it were local I'd go down to the PD and request it, under FOIA if necessary, but I'm not.
    they have ten days. They can take more of you are asking for a lot of random info, but if all you want is a report and you have the report number it should be no more than 10 days.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.