• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry deters armed robbery

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Now that is what I'm talking about.

However, besides suspicion of robbery, why would TWO car loads full of armed people want to rob, of all things, a Waffle House and at 4:45 in the morning?

I would have thought they were there to take someone out

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Although this is a good provable case for our side, the situation could have gone differently. In Georgia they are allowed loaded and people likely know this. In California we aren't and it is possible the criminal knows this.

Don't ever presume that your open carry will deter all criminals. Remain vigilant and hone your situational awareness to help deter crime.

Sometimes the openly carried firearm will be the deterrent, sometimes the fact that they notice you being attentive to your surroundings.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I agree with that assessment, however, the number of criminals that attempt to take on a California-OCer will still be low if not get lower because some people just don't want to take the chance of taking on an armed citizen, even when that citizen has to bring their weapon into battery. The ones that are brazen enough to do soare the ones we've always had to look out for, they are the crazy ones.

We-the-People

imported post

If anyone finds a "legitimate" article on this story PLEASE post it.

Not that I doubt the examiner article but I'm in college and it has to be a "main stream media", governmental, or other "acceptable, non biased" source and I'd like to have that to use in my essays. For some reason the liberally controlled academic environment is absolutely screwed up on just what's acceptable as a source. Of course the "totally unbiased" sources that fit their agenda are perfectly acceptable.

LOL (well actually it's not funny)

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Ah Happy Days! I'm so glad we have a documented case of a crime being prevented because of OC. I added this to my blog just to help spread it around.

We-the-People wrote:
If anyone finds a "legitimate" article on this story PLEASE post it.

Not that I doubt the examiner article but I'm in college and it has to be a "main stream media", governmental, or other "acceptable, non biased" source and I'd like to have that to use in my essays.

You may consider taking the police report number given in the story and do some research yourself. Skip the "main stream media" and go get the facts for your essay. Could be fun.

We-the-People

imported post

Problem is the school research databases don't include such things. I don't expect a quick turn around on a request to a PD and the essays are very time sensitive. If it were local I'd go down to the PD and request it, under FOIA if necessary, but I'm not.

dirtykoala

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
Problem is the school research databases don't include such things. I don't expect a quick turn around on a request to a PD and the essays are very time sensitive. If it were local I'd go down to the PD and request it, under FOIA if necessary, but I'm not.

they have ten days. They can take more of you are asking for a lot of random info, but if all you want is a report and you have the report number it should be no more than 10 days.