• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry picnic in the La Crosse, WI area

usaftrevor87

imported post

I just got out of the military and moved back to the La Crosse area, Holmen to be exact. I read that last year there was an Open Carry Picnic in Onalaska, WI. I was wondering if anyone knows if this will be going on again this Year? I would love to show my support and carry myself. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys

_TrevoR_

protias

imported post

There will be an OC event in Sussex on Sunday and a few people from your area will be down here for that. Contact bnhcomputing and I'm sure he'll be happy to give you a ride.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I am going to a motorcycle rally in La Crosse this July. Although I dont think I will be able to do much OC, (the will most likely be a LOT of beverages involved)

Greenfield WI just past an ordinance that OC in a CITY park will be allowed. Maybe this summer we can see about a nice public event?

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I am going to a motorcycle rally in La Crosse this July. Although I dont think I will be able to do much OC, (the will most likely be a LOT of beverages involved)
LMK when you hit town BD and we could do a ride together. I have a late 80's FXR lowrider with a high performance engine and straight pipes... loud and fast.

USA welcome to the forum. Keep an eye open here for upcoming events as I know that we will be having at least one blowout this year in Lax and maybe more.

protias

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:

Greenfield WI just past an ordinance that OC in a CITY park will be allowed. Maybe this summer we can see about a nice public event?
I'd be up for that.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Guys:

Here's an idea. March 15 is my B-Day. How about we all get together on the 12,13,or 14 to celebrate. You La Crosse area guys bounce the idea around through the PM's and surprise me.

I ask two things:

1. Let me know as soon as you finalize a time and place.
2. Please try to pick RTKBA friendly venue.

You bounce it around and let me know....

bigdaddy1

imported post

Spartacus wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:
LMK when you hit town BD and we could do a ride together. I have a late 80's FXR lowrider with a high performance engine and straight pipes... loud and fast.

USA welcome to the forum. Keep an eye open here for upcoming events as I know that we will be having at least one blowout this year in Lax and maybe more.

Spart, the rally is July 15-18. Couple of hundred bike(rs) expected. All are welcome. I know the event organizer. Here's a link to the web page. http://www.midwestmotorcyclerally.com/

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Thanks for the link BD. I don't usually drink when I ride (seen too much horror), so I'm looking forward to OCing at some of the events to raise awareness.

Hubert, I'll be happy to be point man for your birthday party and I think its a great idea. I know more than a few restaurant owners in the south La Crosse area so give me a few days to approach them and I'll post up an invite.

As you know La Crosse restaurants, as in other locales are terribly busy Fri and Sat, so I'm thinking a lunch on Sunday, March 14th will be the way to go.

Sound OK to you?

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Spartacus wrote:
Thanks for the link BD. I don't usually drink when I ride (seen too much horror), so I'm looking forward to OCing at some of the events to raise awareness.

Hubert, I'll be happy to be point man for your birthday party and I think its a great idea. I know more than a few restaurant owners in the south La Crosse area so give me a few days to approach them and I'll post up an invite.

As you know La Crosse restaurants, as in other locales are terribly busy Fri and Sat, so I'm thinking a lunch on Sunday, March 14th will be the way to go.

Sound OK to you?
Least if it's terribly busy then there's lots of people to see us carry!

bigdaddy1

imported post

Spartacus wrote:

Sound OK to you?

+ 1x50 there. Most of the riding is done during the day, (a few night rides) so the evenings are free for the consumption part of the event. This is not a big rally, only a few hundred bikes, but it is growing each year.

I would agree on the lunch factor also, a dinner would be a lot harder to organize.

usaftrevor87

imported post

Spartacus wrote:

Sound OK to you?
Count me in. I haven't met anyone on this forum yet, and haven't OC'ed yet (glock is still at the Smith) but it would be nice to meet a few of you guys. Thanks

_TrevoR_