Thread: Ar15 problem?

Post imported post

MyBushmaster xm-15makes a really load dong sound, It's the buffer hitting the buffer tube I can see a little scuff mark at the end of the buffer tube (55 grain and 62 grain both do it), Will a Super 2X M16 Recoil Springfix it or do I need MGI Rate Reducing Buffer Rifle Stock Adapterto go along with it? andis MGI Industriesa good company I have never heard of them before? thanks (

Post imported post

ARs typically have a loud sproing when shooting.

Is yours louder then other ARs?

From what your describing it sounds like normal AR action on a carbine length (14.5-16) rifle with normal buffer...

If you do want to smooth it out and go with a H2 buffer,I know the Spikes one has gotten good reviews.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/inde...roducts_id=201

BTW: I did a quick search on heavy buffers at arfcom and got a dozen results including one specifically about changing out the buffers in Bushmaster M4gerys

Post imported post

It sounds like your "Bushie" is perfectly normal. The rear of the buffer has that polymer bumper there for a reason. It is expected to hit the end of the tube. Put a couple of drops of lube on the buffer to help control the scuffing. I wouldn't change springs OR buffer. You might just create the other problem everyone with an AR experiences, that of short-stroking. As you shoot more there will be a certain amount of carbon build-up in the gas port, gas tube, bolt carrier, as well as wear on the gas rings. This will lessen the violence of the recoil and won't deteriorate the overallperformance of the weapon.

If you absolutely have to do something, get an adjustable gas tube. It has an adjustable"valve" in it that allows you to make fine adjustments. Open enough to cycle rounds andclosed enough to moderate the recoil.

Once again, it sounds like it is working just fine. All three of mind do the same thing without any long term problems.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Did you recently swap out your buffer plug and spring, and/or your buffer tube? Your spring could not have enough tension in that case.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

State Researcher

Post imported post

Keeping smart ass comments about AR's and "problems" to myself:P

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    We'll do likewise about those "Russian Creations".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:

There, it's got wood, so it works better. ;P
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

State Researcher

Post imported post

Nope even with the wood, it's still got a funny gas system, and over complicated trigger, plus tolerances more suitable for a match rifle than a military gun. Give me something with a piston, and a cartridge in caliber that starts with 7.62 :P Oh and isn't an AR rebuilt to have a piston and a better upper. I've got .22's already LOL

Post imported post

That's funny, you can get a caliber that starts with 7.62 (with a longer cartridge) and gas piston in an AR also. Even with gas pistons if you really have to. They just don't come with a 2x4 for a stock.

:celebrate

Post imported post

The AR is the finest weapon ever made for killing lots of squirrels very quickly.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I've wanted to build an Ar for a long time, now maybe I'll follow Heresolong and build an M14 instead.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

kschmadeka wrote:
    The AR is the finest weapon ever made for killing lots of squirrels very quickly.

In some cities they use them to kill squirrels that can run up to 6' 6" and 250 lbs. Usually those that run the streets in the inner city at all hours of the night. These squirrels are often found robbing liquor stores, convenience stores, and sometimes shooting at cops.

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    kschmadeka wrote:
    The AR is the finest weapon ever made for killing lots of squirrels very quickly. *

In some cities they use them to kill squirrels that can run up to 6' 6" and 250 lbs.* Usually those that run the streets in the inner city at all hours of the night.* These squirrels are often found robbing liquor stores, convenience stores, and sometimes shooting at cops.
    Not to mention those pesky sand squirrels in other countries.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Nope even with the wood, it's still got a funny gas system, and over complicated trigger, plus tolerances more suitable for a match rifle than a military gun. Give me something with a piston, and a cartridge in caliber that starts with 7.62 :P Oh and isn't an AR rebuilt to have a piston and a better upper. I've got .22's already LOL
    ...starts with 7.62 and ends with x51...

I'm not a fan of anemic Russian 7.62x39 stuff.

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    ...starts with 7.62 and ends with x51...

I'm not a fan of anemic Russian 7.62x39 stuff.
    bah, 51? It better end with x54R
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

54R is acceptable, Tawnos.

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    54R is acceptable, Tawnos.
    Too bad it's not reloadable as easy as 7.62X51.

State Researcher

Post imported post

It is easily reloadable if you buy brass for it.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    It is easily reloadable if you buy brass for it.
    Yeah, cause that russian loaded stuff is made from scrapped old russian cars. Steel in the cases is probably better than the steel in the cars they scrapped.

With 7.62.51 I get the brass for free and it's boxer primed. Last batch was over 1,000 pieces. Probably won't need any more brass for a looooooooong time.

Post imported post

Buy an M1a

AR's are for squigy RINO's

AK's are for gang members

M1A's are for men.

Post imported post

As someone here said, the buffer tube is typically noisy on AR platform rifles. It actually sounds like a little "bung" noise (yeah yeah, I know), and is pretty much going to be present no matter what you do.

If you want to alleviate it a bit, take a light coat of lubricant and apply it to the spring. That quiets it down a bit, but it will still be present.

Don't worry about it, and simply enjoy the far superior accuracy that your rifle has over over-gassed, floppy, stamped steel pieces of fecal matter.

If you are truly concerned that something is "wrong", then forgot asking all of us, and take it to a 'smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    I've wanted to build an Ar for a long time, now maybe I'll follow Heresolong and build an M14 instead.
    Well, the first thing you'll need is an 80-pound dumbbell. :P

Post imported post

Thank's for those of you who gave me info, My gunsmith called Bushmaster for me and told them what he thought it was and the problem was a spring that was not upto mil-speck so he replaced it and bushmaster is sending me a new spring which I have to give to my gunsmith fair trade and no cost (usually 65 just for 1 hour) I'm going to test it out this weekend just picked up 2000 rounds of non laqured wolf ammo, $265 great deal!!!!

Post imported post

While AR's are accurate, they are complicated and easy to seize when used hard. AK-47's are simple keep running under the worst conditions, but are lousy beyond 100 yds. AK-74's have the simplicity and durability of the 47's and are almost accurate as the AR's with the added benfit having abundant supplies of ammo at 1/2 the price of .223.