• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ar15 problem?

slowfiveoh

imported post

As someone here said, the buffer tube is typically noisy on AR platform rifles. It actually sounds like a little "bung" noise (yeah yeah, I know), and is pretty much going to be present no matter what you do.

If you want to alleviate it a bit, take a light coat of lubricant and apply it to the spring. That quiets it down a bit, but it will still be present.

Don't worry about it, and simply enjoy the far superior accuracy that your rifle has over over-gassed, floppy, stamped steel pieces of fecal matter. :D

If you are truly concerned that something is "wrong", then forgot asking all of us, and take it to a 'smith.

erich_kopp

imported post

Thank's for those of you who gave me info, My gunsmith called Bushmaster for me and told them what he thought it was and the problem was a spring that was not upto mil-speck so he replaced it and bushmaster is sending me a new spring which I have to give to my gunsmith fair trade and no cost (usually 65 just for 1 hour) I'm going to test it out this weekend just picked up 2000 rounds of non laqured wolf ammo, $265 great deal!!!!

deadwood

imported post

While AR's are accurate, they are complicated and easy to seize when used hard. AK-47's are simple keep running under the worst conditions, but are lousy beyond 100 yds. AK-74's have the simplicity and durability of the 47's and are almost accurate as the AR's with the added benfit having abundant supplies of ammo at 1/2 the price of .223.:lol: