• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A a RIGHT not a privilege!!!

Taurus850CIA

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Awesome. I've been strongly considering finding a piece of property in Wyoming. Something I can put a small home on, and be away from the rat race. It's beautiful country, and sparsely populated. If this passes, it will cement the idea in my head.
After doing a bit of research on Wy, it appears the laws for CC is very similar to our 28.425o, except Wy, does not have our 750.234d for OC in those prohibited places with a permit/license. Unlike Michigan,Wy does prohibit carry in the State Capitol Building. They have full-state preemption, allow private transfers (no FFL or LTP requirement) and allow OC in vehicle without permit/license.

Kusala

imported post

OMG this is a off limits thread. Wow I am soo sorry I touched it. Man I am a idiot for doing so. Man I am sorry for breaking forum rules. Your right I was bored and being an idiot. I will take your post to heart and leave this site forever.

Oh well last post here. :shock:

There is no other reason than yours described is there? DB

Killer1306

imported post

Just to be shure that there are still gards in place to only alow law abiding, upstanding citizens to have the extended privliges that lie under the 2A. As in the right to bear arms does not necicarly mean the ability to own any kind of firearm and the ablility to carry it any ware the person wishes to go.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Killer1306 wrote:
Just to be shure that there are still gards in place to only alow law abiding, upstanding citizens to have the extended privliges that lie under the 2A. As in the right to bear arms does not necicarly mean the ability to own any kind of firearm and the ablility to carry it any ware the person wishes to go.
With respect Sir:

The "rights" enumerated in the Bill of Rights are not things the Federal government allows it's citizens to do. The "rights" enumerated within the Bill of Rights are things the citizens have told the Federal government the citizens own and the Federal government cannot take those "rights" away.

In short... the "right" to keep and bear arms is not a privilege the Federal government allows us to have... the right to keep and bear arms is a thing "we the people" have told the Federal government it cannot take away.

And all the other "rights" ....... freedom of religion, freedom to assemble, freedom of speech, freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures of property, ... well, let me suggest reading the entire Constitution and Bill of Rights (google will find it for you) to understand exactly what the "rights" are that we the people told the Federal government to keep it's hands off of... and that this whole thing was set up so "we the people" told the Federal government what to do.... not the other way around.

So... if the 2nd Amendment were to be obeyed in full then the Federal government would not have enacted any laws that prohibit the owning and carrying of guns....... .. any kind of gun... by anyone... anywhere... at any time.

But until the Supreme Court case that opening arguments were heard today decides if the 2nd Amendment applies to not only the Federal government but also each and all individual States.... each State is free to enact it's own laws that control or restrict the "right to keep and bear arms" according to each State's own individual Constitution.

But please understand that the Bill of Rights is not something the Federal government in it's generosity allows the citizens to do..... the Bill of Rights is a declaration made to the Federal government by "the people" telling the Federal government to .... KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THESE RIGHTS "WE THE PEOPLE" OWN.

Edited to clean it up for clarity....