• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Awesome forum!

Skragg

imported post

Hey all, I came across this site mostly by accident. After browsing some of the topics I must say im glad for once to have had an accident.

I recently took my CCW class (1/27/10) and was wondering if anyone knew the current wait time after the BCI takes your money out? My card was charged on 2/9/10

Awesome forums though!

I just wanted to say, I live in Spanish Fork, and I almost always seem to find myself at lunch in the same restaurant as the SFPD lol... and not once have they ever given me a hassle about open carry...

Only questions I ever get are from checkers at Wally mart and funny enough gun stores???

Great forum and im glad to have found it!

Skragg

imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome and for the invite... i will check with the wife to see if there is any family functions planned already that evening..

Also thanks for the heads up on the timeline mqondo... guess i dont need to check the mail every day for awhile :)

bmeldrum

imported post

Welcome! So do you have a gun already or one in mind? Tell us what kind...

As for the permit well I guess that just depends. I took the class last March about the end of March, payment posted on my card on April 9th than it was July 1st before I got the card in hand. So it was closer to the 90day time frame (course last year was really busy). Hopefully that is not the case for you. Generally speaking 60days is the time frame if they are not busy.

Good luck and in the mean time happy OC'ing!

YoZUpZ

imported post

I finally got mine last month in the mail. It took me 53 days after I paid/turned in my application... I paid in cash so they couldn't play the "lets not run his credit card" game with me... :dude:

Skragg

imported post

Cool thanks for that update on a timeline.

As for my guns-

I have a S&W M&P 9mm fullsize, S&W M&P 15-22, Mossberg 12g 590, Mosin Nagant 91/30, and a old 20g Sears shotgun.