Thread: Aftermarket grips on a polymer gun

Post imported post

so i was just wondering what kind of aftermarket grips you use on your polymer guns i just got a AGRIP for my XD i havent got to shoot with it yet but i was just wondering if people have used it or had good luck with other type of grips

Post imported post

The only tupperware I own is my Hi-Point. I wrapped the plastic grip in black sports tape. When my hands begin to sweat, my grip actually improves.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

I used to use Hogue grips for my Glock, but already taking a fat gun and making it fatter only made things more uncomfortable for me to carry. (It was like carrying the barrel of a baseball bat to be honest)

On a recommendation from a friend I went to Talon Glock Grips. Needless to say, I'll never use anything but Talon from now on.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

i was worried about adding width as well thats why i went witht the AGRIP is similar to "grip tape" how ever when its dry it feels sorta like velour when wet it gets very tacky it feels nice on the skin when im sure much better then grip tape might

Post imported post

Zukirider wrote:
    i was worried about adding width as well thats why i went witht the AGRIP is similar to "grip tape" how ever when its dry it feels sorta like velour when wet it gets very tacky it feels nice on the skin when im sure much better then grip tape might
    That's a good possibility. 16 years in the construction trades made for some pretty calloused hands, so the grip tape doesn't bother me much. However, after a change of employment, my hands are getting the "dishpan hands" syndrome. I may have to change my tape...
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    Zukirider wrote:
    That's a good possibility. 16 years in the construction trades made for some pretty calloused hands, so the grip tape doesn't bother me much. However, after a change of employment, my hands are getting the "dishpan hands" syndrome. I may have to change my tape...
    Then stop using Ivory

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    Zukirider wrote:
    it wasnt my hands that the grip tape bothers i also have pretty rough hands its wheni tuck it into my IWB holster and im not wearing an undershirt the griptape rubbing on my back was like a 80 grit sandpaper massage:what:

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    Zukirider wrote:
    Then stop using Ivory

1776"

Post imported post

Have used an AGRIP, works very well, super low profile, but it just gets more tacky the sweatier you get. Came off clean too, didn't leave any residue. I actually need to buy a couple more. Also have used a pachmayr sleeve, that was thicker, but also effective

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    I used to use Hogue grips for my Glock, but already taking a fat gun and making it fatter only made things more uncomfortable for me to carry. (It was like carrying the barrel of a baseball bat to be honest)

On a recommendation from a friend I went to Talon Glock Grips. Needless to say, I'll never use anything but Talon from now on.
    I loooove my talon grips. i smoothed them down so they weren't so rough, and they look sexy next to my new mepro light sights.